• trade back in with a future second for someone else

• only take MM and keep the other spot for PSD/rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our draft haul:

Pick 17 - Max Michalanney (matched F/S)
Pick 43 - Billy Dowling
Pick 50 - Hugh Bond

Rookie Pick 5 - Andrew McPherson (re-listed)
Rookie Pick 21 - Paul Seedsman (re-listed)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club has made it clear drafting is done, first is up for grabs.

******* ridiculous.

Ah the classic "bottom team is willing to trade out their first" line. It usually comes out once or twice a year from a piss poor side and they almost never end up trading out their first round pick. It's almost a call to the AFL of "sure, we've been s**t for a while, but we're not tanking, promise".

Look, I'm sure there is a list of players who'd we trade out our first for. Out of the options that are realistic for this year, I wouldn't be too shocked if that list started and ended at JHF.

Last edited:

If we have the option of drafting an unknown first round 'superstar' or a known up and coming Jordan Dawson/Charlie Cameron, I know which one I'd choose.

Our list profile needs 24-25 year olds. Savvy list management is required (Dawson a great start).

With the win on the weekend and a relatively easy draw to come, we are going to be looking at pick 6-8. Probably only 1-2 picks ahead of Port.
If JHF does want back to SA, the difference in picks might not be enough (history suggests Port will go harder in the trade than we will) for us to get him. Could our habit of winning pointless games mean we miss out on JHF for a second time?

With the win on the weekend and a relatively easy draw to come, we are going to be looking at pick 6-8. Probably only 1-2 picks ahead of Port.
If JHF does want back to SA, the difference in picks might not be enough (history suggests Port will go harder in the trade than we will) for us to get him. Could our habit of winning pointless games mean we miss out on JHF for a second time?
not sure where the relatively easy draw is..

our only supposedly “easy” remaining games should be against West Coast, Hawks and North..

West Coast will beat us pretty easily in Perth. we wont be playing the same west coast we did a few weeks back.. it will be a far better WC side we meet next time round and it will be in Perth where we barely ever play well.

Hawks?.. nup, they’ll beat us in melbourne.. if it was at AO we might be a chance.

North in Adelaide is the only game for the rest of the season you’d pencil in as a definite win.

what other games do you actually think we will win?..

our only supposedly “easy” remaining games should be against West Coast, Hawks and North..

West Coast will beat us pretty easily in Perth. we wont be playing the same west coast we did a few weeks back.. it will be a far better WC side we meet next time round and it will be in Perth where we barely ever play well.

Hawks?.. nup, they’ll beat us in melbourne.. if it was at AO we might be a chance.

North in Adelaide is the only game for the rest of the season you’d pencil in as a definite win.

Would you rather play Melb in Melb, Brisbane and Geelong away?

It said relative for a reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you rather play Melb in Melb, Brisbane and Geelong away?

It said relative for a reason.
i dont think it “relatively” matters where we play those three sides… even at home they arent anywhere near relatively easier games because they are games at AO!..

I just think using the words “relatively easy“ to describe the remainder of our season is completely delusional.. and thats not an attack on you.. because there was a top 18 list that came out the other day that ranked the crows as having the no.1 easiest draw for the remainder of the season..

have they not watched our season so far when making this call?

i dont think it “relatively” matters where we play those three sides… even at home they arent anywhere near relatively easier games because they are games at AO!..

I just think using the words “relatively easy“ to describe the remainder of our season is completely delusional.. and thats not an attack on you.. because there was a top 18 list that came out the other day that ranked the crows as having the no.1 easiest draw for the remainder of the season..

have they not watched our season so far when making this call?
I'm not sure you understand what 'relatively' means.

I'm not convinced we will beat West Coast again. Not by a long shot.

West Coast, North and Hawthorn are probably the only teams I think we have a chance of beating. Although it's probably only North we will beat.

Even then, it still gives us 3 games against the bottom 4. So yes, it is 'relatively' easy.

If he decides he wants to come back to SA at the end of the year, he will most likely nominate his club of choice, and then both clubs will work together to facilitate a trade. I don't think our draft picks will be a deciding factor as to if he chooses us or Port.

I can't remember too many occasions where a player has let his current club select which new team he gets traded to by which club has the better offer.

If he decides he wants to come back to SA at the end of the year, he will most likely nominate his club of choice, and then both clubs will work together to facilitate a trade. I don't think our draft picks will be a deciding factor as to if he chooses us or Port.

I can't remember too many occasions where a player has let his current club select which new team he gets traded to by which club has the better offer.
Fair

I dont think you can win a flag without at least 1 elite explosive mid that you can only usually get from the top 5 pick in the draft.
Cant see JHF coming here.
Best bet is to get Goody to ask Jason Taylor which mid we should take with our 1st pick.

Showdown!!

Not many choices in the draft. We have picks 6,24 and 78 atm. Keeler would be ideal but cant see him dropping past 40.
Need to trade to get high picks.

Not many choices in the draft. We have picks 6,24 and 78 atm. Keeler would be ideal but cant see him dropping past 40.
Need to trade to get high picks.

The last thing we need is more high picks. We have > 30 kids to sort through already and we can't afford to trade anyone who could net them due to how we're already looking like we've burned too much of our senior players.

The last thing we need is more high picks. We have > 30 kids to sort through already and we can't afford to trade anyone who could net them due to how we're already looking like we've burned too much of our senior players.
Agree to an extent, I still think it's a necessity to find an A+ grade mid (can't see any of our current young mids making that level) and a developing ruckman (one that should be ready by 2026) through the draft

Any other holes in the list could be found through either the draft or via trade

I'm not sure you understand what 'relatively' means.

I'm not convinced we will beat West Coast again. Not by a long shot.

West Coast, North and Hawthorn are probably the only teams I think we have a chance of beating. Although it's probably only North we will beat.

Even then, it still gives us 3 games against the bottom 4. So yes, it is 'relatively' easy.

I’m not sure you know what relatively means

Showdown!!
If the neighbours need to beat us to make the 8, the heat will truly be on them to deliver. Pressure will be high.

Would be an awesome game, if it pans out that way.

Crows are the kind of team that would beat the Power in meaningless final round game to jump a few places up the ladder thereby screwing our draft hand and also costing Port a place in the 8 and thereby improving their draft position and getting rid of Kenny.

With our early pick i assume going towards a mid who of Tsatsas, Clark or Phillipou is going to best fit what we need? Or is there another mid early who i have missed?

Back