• trade back in with a future second for someone else

• only take MM and keep the other spot for PSD/rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our draft haul:

Pick 17 - Max Michalanney (matched F/S)
Pick 43 - Billy Dowling
Pick 50 - Hugh Bond

Rookie Pick 5 - Andrew McPherson (re-listed)
Rookie Pick 21 - Paul Seedsman (re-listed)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MCrouch while there is any currency at all. for one. McAsey maybe. Worrel good enough but not getting a look in.

Those guys aren't getting you anything of value at the trade table. An upgrade from a 4th round pick to a 3rd maybe.

We'd have to part with one of Doedee/Laird/Keays if we're going to get anything resembling a first round pick in return.

Those guys aren't getting you anything of value at the trade table. An upgrade from a 4th round pick to a 3rd maybe.

We'd have to part with one of Doedee/Laird/Keays if we're going to get anything resembling a first round pick in return.
Realistically, we'll be entering the draft with a first, a second and points for Michalanney. Maybe another second if we trade our 2023 one into this year (trading our 2023 first into this year might be too risky)

Gut feel is we'll trade a couple of players out, trade one or two players in, and select three or four players in the draft. Still a long way out, though

If he decides he wants to come back to SA at the end of the year, he will most likely nominate his club of choice, and then both clubs will work together to facilitate a trade. I don't think our draft picks will be a deciding factor as to if he chooses us or Port.

I can't remember too many occasions where a player has let his current club select which new team he gets traded to by which club has the better offer.
If JHF wants to go home while still in contract, then North will have a say in where he goes.

Our first and second this year plus first (and maybe second) next year will be much more attractive than Port's first this year (they have no second) and first and second next year. I think Port underperformed this year and their first round next year won't even be a top 10 pick.

Even if Karl Amon's compensation pick went to North (but the player won't), we'd still be miles in front.

That said, if JHF is dead set on joining Port then it won't matter what we offer.

If JHF wants to go home while still in contract, then North will have a say in where he goes.

Our first and second this year plus first (and maybe second) next year will be much more attractive than Port's first this year (they have no second) and first and second next year. I think Port underperformed this year and their first round next year won't even be a top 10 pick.

Even if Karl Amon's compensation pick went to North (but the player won't), we'd still be miles in front.

That said, if JHF is dead set on joining Port then it won't matter what we offer.
You're not seriously suggesting 2 1sts and 2nds for Horne-Francis should be on the table surely?

MCrouch while there is any currency at all. for one. McAsey maybe. Worrel good enough but not getting a look in.
There's not a player/s that we would want to keep that is going to get us near a 1st round pick surely you can work that out.

I'm very bullish on what he will become. I don't know what it would take, but I'm willing to go all in.
Potential does not = 2 relatively high end 1st and 2nd round picks....that is madness.

I'd do 2 firsts and this year's 2nd (with some late picks back to get Michalanney) in a heartbeat. We need a potential top end mid and I don't know how we are going to get one any other way.

Adding next year's 2nd as well is up there, but I'd rather a top end talent than an extra fringe player. We've got plenty of fringe players at the moment.

I'd do 2 firsts and this year's 2nd (with some late picks back to get Michalanney) in a heartbeat. We need a potential top end mid and I don't know how we are going to get one any other way.

Adding next year's 2nd as well is up there, but I'd rather a top end talent than an extra fringe player. We've got plenty of fringe players at the moment.
Through the top end of the draft?

You're not seriously suggesting 2 1sts and 2nds for Horne-Francis should be on the table surely?

I was hoping pick 4 and Keays might be realistic? Maybe add a second rounder as well at worst
Keays would be a good role model for work ethic to get their younger players in line.

For us it helps change our mix as well as getting the high end talent we need.

There does seem a lot of quality mids on offer in this draft though so would be happy to run with pick 4

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I was hoping pick 4 and Keays might be realistic? Maybe add a second rounder as well at worst
Keays would be a good role model for work ethic to get their younger players in line.

For us it helps change our mix as well as getting the high end talent we need.

There does seem a lot of quality mids on offer in this draft though so would be happy to run with pick 4

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Surprised the poster suggesting we need a taller mid over 6ft isn't into Cam McKenzie who looks ideal for us 187cm strongly built with good burst speed, great hands in close and good foot skills....and is definitely a 2 way runner with a good defensive mind set. On a steep upward trajectory and certainly won't be there after pick 40 for the Aints 😁 to exercise their NGA ticket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Power rankings has us firmly in the view of Elijah Hewett, 186cm classy mid inside and outside from WA - for pick 7.

For the top ten with current selections:

Wardlaw - North
Ashcroft - Brisbane (assuming F/S)
Tsatas - West Coast
Clark - Essendon
Busslinger - Hawthorn
Sheezel - GWS
Hewett - Adelaide
Szybkowski - Port
Lemmey - Suns
Sculley- St Kilda

I'd be happy with that. We could go Sheezel for a goal kicking mid, not sure where Lemmy/ Scully would fit into our team though. Would rather Phillipou (ranked 13) than another tall forward if we needed an SA boy over WA or Vic metro.

Last edited:
Power rankings has us firmly in the view of Elijah Hewitt, 186cm classy mid inside and outside mid from WA - for pick 7.

Wardlaw - North
Tsatas - West Coast
Clark - Essendon
Busslinger - Hawthorn
Sheezel - GWS
Hewitt - Adelaide
Szybkowski - Port
Lemmey - Suns
Sculley- St Kilda

I'd be happy with that. We could go Sheezel for a goal kicking mid, not sure where Lemmy/ Scully would fit into our team though. Would rather Phillipou (ranked 13) than another tall forward if we needed an SA boy over WA or Vic metro.
silly question - how are we finishing above GWS, Hawthorn and maybe Essendon?

Power rankings has us firmly in the view of Elijah Hewitt, 186cm classy mid inside and outside mid from WA - for pick 7.

Wardlaw - North
Tsatas - West Coast
Clark - Essendon
Busslinger - Hawthorn
Sheezel - GWS
Hewitt - Adelaide
Szybkowski - Port
Lemmey - Suns
Sculley- St Kilda

That's Elijah Hewett with an E btw.

What power rankings are they?

silly question - how are we finishing above GWS, Hawthorn and maybe Essendon?
Well if we beat Hawthorn that would help?

This is the ladder just over half way, so expect positions to change.

Edit: Can't really see GWS or Hawthorn winning many games in the back end of the year. I wouldn't expect the order to change much where we are.

Last edited:
Well if we beat Hawthorn that would help?

This is the ladder just over half way, so expect positions to change.

Edit: Can't really see GWS or Hawthorn winning many games in the back end of the year. I wouldn't expect the order to change much where we are.

They play each other this week. So one of them will go above us. I can’t see us beating Hawthorn in Melb or West Coast in Perth. I’d have our only win really against North at home.

You said in your first sentence that North will have a say where he goes, but then your last sentence you said if he is dead set on going to Port then it won't matter what we offer. That was the point I was making, if he decides he wants to go to us, or vice versa to Port, then it won't matter what the other team has to offer. North can try all they want to get a deal with the other team, but he has to agree to go there.

We are a bottom four side. No club is giving you anything except junk 4th and 5th rounders for players who aren't in our best 22 - FACT!

Suggest you have a look at what clubs have received for players in the past few drafts, plenty of good footballers get traded for picks in the 30's and 40's. No one is giving us anything for our dregs.

Swans will give us pick 19 (Melb) for Dawson apparently!

The picks we have are the picks we'll take to the draft, only hope is we can trade in 2022 picks for our 2023 picks, that's if we do want more 2022 picks?

Brisbane's first will be up for grabs if Ashcroft nominates them as F/S, but Brisbane will also want junk 2022 picks to pay for him.

Gold Coast hold a swag of second round picks they may not want to use this year and are willing to trade for 2023 picks.

There is always the possibility of trading down our first to snag an extra later pick. Depends on who we fancy and if we think they'll last until later.

Last edited:

Norf only have pick 1 this year, no second or third pick so no picks coming back from Norf to pay for Michalanney

They play each other this week. So one of them will go above us. I can’t see us beating Hawthorn in Melb or West Coast in Perth. I’d have our only win really against North at home.
and this is the rebuild going nicely eh? Even with a healthy list we can only beat the absolutely hopeless Norf!

Back