• trade back in with a future second for someone else

• only take MM and keep the other spot for PSD/rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our draft haul:

Pick 17 - Max Michalanney (matched F/S)
Pick 43 - Billy Dowling
Pick 50 - Hugh Bond

Rookie Pick 5 - Andrew McPherson (re-listed)
Rookie Pick 21 - Paul Seedsman (re-listed)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The discount applying from pick 19 onwards is 197 points so pick 56.

By the time you are at pick 56 you are well and truly in Hail Mary territory where you have to try a lot of players to find one regular AFL player
This is generally very high for where we start our search for our bigger/taller mids. Say guys over 185cm.
Keays, Hately, O'Connor, Nankervis, Sholl, Edwards, Wilson Davis, Greenwood

What a nice gift for a struggling team. In more good news for the lions, he also has a younger brother coming through that made the u16 AA team.
You would hope that Norf will do the right thing this year and bid on Ashcroft at pick 1.

Brisbane have no where near enough points to match the 2400 needed at pick 1. McStay compo won't be much, Brisbane will need to get creative.

View attachment 1467848

Don't see us using our first round pick at the draft this year.
That would be an odd decision. Everyone on this board agrees that a priority for the Crows is an elite-kicking mid, an opinion echoed by James Rahilly days ago. Throwing away that pick for a small forward(another small forward!!) would seem odd. Somebody has to get the ball to them, hopefully in an effective manner - not with "helicopter kicks". Even if we ended up with a Pick 1 between 10 & 15 might get us Ollie Hollands, but 2nd round? No chance. Then cue the wails on here because we still have a "try hard" midfield with dodgy delivery skills!!

That would be an odd decision. Everyone on this board agrees that a priority for the Crows is an elite-kicking mid, an opinion echoed by James Rahilly days ago. Throwing away that pick for a small forward(another small forward!!) would seem odd. Somebody has to get the ball to them, hopefully in an effective manner - not with "helicopter kicks". Even if we ended up with a Pick 1 between 10 & 15 might get us Ollie Hollands, but 2nd round? No chance. Then cue the wails on here because we still have a "try hard" midfield with dodgy delivery skills!!

Do you think we will be using our first round pick at the draft?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we are confident that JHF wants in once his contract is done next year, getting Rankine this year is the right move.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I'm all for getting Rankine - it's how we do it that will be fascinating. Trading in an experienced mid is an alternative to the draft of course. Different pathways.

Asked the question a while ago that I thought he looked more like a forward than a midfielder.
That being the case, I don't reckon we will draft him
Looked very good playing mid in that National's game, dominated the first quarter agaist good opposition, one of his centre breaks for a long goal showed what he's capable of as did his ability to get his hands above the tackler to feed off the handball to the teammate.
Unfortunately copped a back injury and finished the game forward and played forward mostly after that in the last game.
Might still be carrying a back niggle although he was playing Reserves today not U18's so it may have been the reserves coach's decision to play him forward. D'Alioa played mid in the same game and played well.

Tall mid Billy Dowling fair game today against a weakened WWT outfit missing Mattaes Phillipou, Adam D'Alioa and Blake Hansen who all played Reserves today.

Capture.PNG

Screen_Shot_2022-06-16_at_1.37.23_pm.png

I get Bont vibes from Phillipou, would be over the moon if we can land he and Rankine (plus Michalanny) this year.

Draft alternative: I love everything I read about Brayden George - Vic Country lad, mid/forward, nice size (186cm), quick, smart around goals, great kick. Hard to find footage of him though.

Last edited:
Back