• trade back in with a future second for someone else

• only take MM and keep the other spot for PSD/rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our draft haul:

Pick 17 - Max Michalanney (matched F/S)
Pick 43 - Billy Dowling
Pick 50 - Hugh Bond

Rookie Pick 5 - Andrew McPherson (re-listed)
Rookie Pick 21 - Paul Seedsman (re-listed)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s more about how big I am on Phillipou (huge upside, ability to be a marking influence for a mid etc) and McKenzie (genuine burst player with solid foot skills, accumulates just as well as any mid in this draft), rather than being low on Tsatas

Would welcome all three to the club
I thought you could the bolded for Tsatas as well

I thought you could the bolded for Tsatas as well
I like McKenzie’s qualities inside the contest more, I think (although Tsatas isn’t an incapable player on the inside, by any means - best trait is his line breaking combined with accumulation). I would also give McKenzie the edge in foot skills, from what I’ve seen

I like McKenzie’s qualities inside the contest more, I think (although Tsatas isn’t an incapable player on the inside, by any means - best trait is his line breaking combined with accumulation). I would also give McKenzie the edge in foot skills, from what I’ve seen
And I like Olli Hotton, that acceleration and genuine speed is very enticing. Ashcroft really is a stats padder and not really that damaging.....bit of the Sam Walsh's for mine on a hurt factor basis.

And I like Olli Hotton, that acceleration and genuine speed is very enticing. Ashcroft really is a stats padder and not really that damaging.....bit of the Sam Walsh's for mine on a hurt factor basis.
Hotton’s top 15 for me now, easily

I still like Wardlaw over Ashcroft, based on the vision I’ve seen of both

Re the kangas no 1 pick …. Surely they end up with Sheezel ? They have a decent midfield on paper now get a chance at a game breaking medium forward that can go into mid at times

Re the kangas no 1 pick …. Surely they end up with Sheezel ? They have a decent midfield on paper now get a chance at a game breaking medium forward that can go into mid at times
Yeah it's the no-brainer pick for them, surely. Someone who can break a game open in the forward line, but can also make an impact in the middle

Cadman to GWS the other no-brainer, for mine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think so, just a natural footballer, played well enough at the Nationals and has a State Combine invite....tonights game won't hurt his chances.
Seem more a rookie selection?

Keeler is a Crow's NGA. What does that actually mean and does it give us any draft consideration?
Not much ultimately - this is probably something you can google, if you're interested.

Assuming we keep pick 5 be interesting how draft goes currently.
And if Jackson ends up at WC or Fremantle.
If it's West Coast pick 2 would have to be heading to Melbourne.

Pick 1. North. Sheezel.
Pick 2. West Coast. Wardlaw.
Pick 3. GWS. Cadman.
Pick 4. Essendon. Tsatas.
Pick 5. Crows. Phillipou.

Assuming we keep pick 5 be interesting how draft goes currently.
And if Jackson ends up at WC or Fremantle.
If it's West Coast pick 2 would have to be heading to Melbourne.

Pick 1. North. Sheezel.
Pick 2. West Coast. Wardlaw.
Pick 3. GWS. Cadman.
Pick 4. Essendon. Tsatas.
Pick 5. Crows. Phillipou.
My son watched Mckenzie at Ikon last night said he would be absolutely shocked if we dont take mckenzie at 5(6) despite the local factor with phillipou

I really hope we keep our pick 5 because phillipou is definitely the player we should be targeting. He is a big bodied midfielder which we need, he's powerful at the clearances,finds plenty of the ball,kicks goals when he goes forward and takes a good mark. The fact he is south australian is a massive bonus.

I've watched him a lot this year and he is very impressive. His kicking can be hit and miss but generally he's a good kick. I don't think he had a great state u18s championships but he was very impressive for the eagles. He is one of the youngest players in the draft as well so there is heaps of development to come there.

If he's available at our pick i don't think we can go past him.

Keeler is a Crow's NGA. What does that actually mean and does it give us any draft consideration?
Have found different info on multiple sites so not sure what's right, but appears to be if he gets selected in the pick range of 1 to 20 it can't be matched. Pick range 21 to 40 its matched via points like a father son. After pick 40 Crows would have to use next available pick after someone selected him to claim him. However this was from 2020. I thought it has changed again to be if someone picks him before pick 40 we have no claim on him? Can someone confirm?

Have found different info on multiple sites so not sure what's right, but appears to be if he gets selected in the pick range of 1 to 20 it can't be matched. Pick range 21 to 40 its matched via points like a father son. After pick 40 Crows would have to use next available pick after someone selected him to claim him. However this was from 2020. I thought it has changed again to be if someone picks him before pick 40 we have no claim on him? Can someone confirm?
thats bit old
we cant match if his name is called in first 40 picks
after that we get a discount and can match the pick with points if we want it's basically worthless

northern states academies are different and thats unfair

Back