• trade back in with a future second and take barnett

• trade back in with a future second for someone else

• only take MM and keep the other spot for PSD/rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.
Our draft haul:

Pick 17 - Max Michalanney (matched F/S)
Pick 43 - Billy Dowling
Pick 50 - Hugh Bond

Rookie Pick 5 - Andrew McPherson (re-listed)
Rookie Pick 21 - Paul Seedsman (re-listed)

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Oct 1, 2011
Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Celtics, Team Vodafone
And any clubs that want a player bad enough..;)

Had a quick look at their lists and I think it's possible we could have Pick 2 in the MSD.

West Coast: don't have a list vacancy unless Oscar Allen gets put on the inactive for his Stress Fracture in his foot(?). Unlikely MSD pick at this stage.
North Melbourne
: don't have a list vacancy, but may have options to put players onto the inactive list in Polec (Ankle), Cunnington (Not sure if he is already on the list), Bergman (Recent shoulder injury) and McKay (Depending on severity of knee). Likely to have MSD pick at this stage.
Essendon
: don't have a list vacancy, but not sure of the list management status of Hurley and McDonald-Tipungwuti. Unlikely MSD pick at this stage.
GWS
: No list vacancy, no players with bad enough injuries to move to inactive list, unlikely to have MSD pick.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Had a quick look at their lists and I think it's possible we could have Pick 2 in the MSD.

West Coast: don't have a list vacancy unless Oscar Allen gets put on the inactive for his Stress Fracture in his foot(?). Unlikely MSD pick at this stage.
North Melbourne
: don't have a list vacancy, but may have options to put players onto the inactive list in Polec (Ankle), Cunnington (Not sure if he is already on the list), Bergman (Recent shoulder injury) and McKay (Depending on severity of knee). Likely to have MSD pick at this stage.
Essendon
: don't have a list vacancy, but not sure of the list management status of Hurley and McDonald-Tipungwuti. Unlikely MSD pick at this stage.
GWS
: No list vacancy, no players with bad enough injuries to move to inactive list, unlikely to have MSD pick.
I think Essendon will open up a spot almost certainly..

Viva la Mattner

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tottenham
Tom Scully with another bag of 4
Keeler with 4 aswel…. Ffs Issac tone it down so we can match a bid haha

chrisso crow

All Australian
Jul 27, 2020
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NA Roosters
Tom Scully with another bag of 4
Keeler with 4 aswel…. Ffs Issac tone it down so we can match a bid haha
I saw an article on AFL recently with the top prospects for this years draft but Scully was not mentioned anywhere. I wonder if that will soon change since he's averaging over 5 goals/game.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I saw an article on AFL recently with the top prospects for this years draft but Scully was not mentioned anywhere. I wonder if that will soon change since he's averaging over 5 goals/game.
Might change after the Nationals next month, probably won't get the Full Forward role there if Harry Lemmey is good to go.

I'm waiting until then before I get too carried away with a 202cm forward beating up on 190cm or under defenders in the SANFL U18's comp.

2022 NAB AFL National Championships - U18 Boys
Teams: Allies (comprising New South Wales/ACT, Tasmania, Queensland and Northern Territory), South Australia, Victoria Country, Victoria Metro and Western Australia

DATE - MATCH UP - VENUE/TIME*
Sun, Jun 19 - South Australia v Allies - Thebarton Oval, Adelaide, 1.30pm
Sat, Jun 25 - Allies v Victoria Metro - Blacktown Int. Sports Park, 1.00pm
Sun, Jun 26 - South Australia v Victoria Country - Thebarton Oval, Adelaide, 1.30pm
Sat, Jul 2 - Victoria Metro v Western Australia - Melbourne, 12.00pm
Sun, Jul 3 - Allies v Victoria Country - Gold Coast, 1.00pm
Sat, Jul 9 - Allies v Western Australia - Adelaide, 12.30pm
Sun, Jul 17 - Victoria Metro v South Australia - GMHBA Stadium, Geelong, 11.00am
Sun, Jul 17 - Victoria Country v Western Australia - GMHBA Stadium, Geelong, 1.30pm
Sun, Jul 24 - South Australia v Western Australia - Adelaide, 12.00pm
Fri, Sep 23 - Victoria Metro v Victoria Country - Melbourne, TBC

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Might change after the Nationals next month, probably won't get the Full Forward role there if Harry Lemmey is good to go.

I'm waiting until then before I get too carried away with a 202cm forward beating up on 190cm or under defenders in the SANFL U18's comp.

2022 NAB AFL National Championships - U18 Boys
Teams: Allies (comprising New South Wales/ACT, Tasmania, Queensland and Northern Territory), South Australia, Victoria Country, Victoria Metro and Western Australia

DATE - MATCH UP - VENUE/TIME*
Sun, Jun 19 - South Australia v Allies - Thebarton Oval, Adelaide, 1.30pm
Sat, Jun 25 - Allies v Victoria Metro - Blacktown Int. Sports Park, 1.00pm
Sun, Jun 26 - South Australia v Victoria Country - Thebarton Oval, Adelaide, 1.30pm
Sat, Jul 2 - Victoria Metro v Western Australia - Melbourne, 12.00pm
Sun, Jul 3 - Allies v Victoria Country - Gold Coast, 1.00pm
Sat, Jul 9 - Allies v Western Australia - Adelaide, 12.30pm
Sun, Jul 17 - Victoria Metro v South Australia - GMHBA Stadium, Geelong, 11.00am
Sun, Jul 17 - Victoria Country v Western Australia - GMHBA Stadium, Geelong, 1.30pm
Sun, Jul 24 - South Australia v Western Australia - Adelaide, 12.00pm
Fri, Sep 23 - Victoria Metro v Victoria Country - Melbourne, TBC
At least they actually are big enough to play the same role in the AFL - unlike Fog. That's a big consideration as far as I'm concerned.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
At least they actually are big enough to play the same role in the AFL - unlike Fog. That's a big consideration as far as I'm concerned.
I think it's more about their athleticism, all round footy smarts and forward craft than actual height alone...the aforementioned attributes seems to be Fogarty's biggest hinderance.

Aaron Naughton, Charlie Curnow, Jack Riewoldt, Jack Darling, Brody Mihocheck etc are all around the same height or shorter than Fogarty.

Gtowncrow

Cheated out of Finals
Jul 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
History tells us he won’t really hit his straps for at least a couple of years yet.

I remember when when Paddy was OK, but only getting like 15 touches a game (all contested) and we were wondering if he’d ever go to the next level. And then in a couple of years he did.
Yep. It takes time.
I just looked at Oliver and Petracca and see their both in the mid 130 area. That's about 6 years at 22 games per year. They've been awesome for a while now but they've taken the same time as many elites take.
I can't remember exactly but I think even Abbett jnr playe 15-20 reserves games before becoming best 22.

Closer to home, I wonder how long it's taken for our own great players to hit "peak"? Did anyone reach their ceiling inside, say, 4 years?

Given COVID disruption and a poor injury record since arriving at the club, I'm happy to be VERY patient with Pedlar. And most of our kids too.

There will be a time when the genuine experts at the club will put a line through players who don't develop to the required level, but the timeline is likely to be much longer than we kneejerkers here on BF can cope with.

Back