• trade back in with a future second for someone else

• only take MM and keep the other spot for PSD/rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our draft haul:

Pick 17 - Max Michalanney (matched F/S)
Pick 43 - Billy Dowling
Pick 50 - Hugh Bond

Rookie Pick 5 - Andrew McPherson (re-listed)
Rookie Pick 21 - Paul Seedsman (re-listed)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
You mean what has he done right? come on…he has been the clubs head of list management and strategy for 7 years now and look at the state of the list; hamish and him work together and they both should be held accountable. He got bent over by OBrien and Sloane with 4 and 5 year extensions, we’ve lost star players that WE developed on every line, his position is untenable.
So - it's the Dawson trade you don't like?

Was it the pick swaps where we constantly increased our draft position?

The vast majority of trades done by Reid have been positive. To be pissy that he gave four year extensions to B&F winners is incredibly naive.

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
I will say it again - Casey Voss should be our number 1 focus for the mid-season draft. We need a backman who actually can intercept and has strong kicking skills...and basically who would release Dawson to play where he is suited...on the wing. Perfect replacement for Brown...
Don't we have a stack of smaller defenders? There's all sorts of players we could play instead of Brown if we chose.

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
We will have pick 4 in the MSD.
Given the state of our list, I think it would be incompetent to pass.
Sloane can go on the long term injury list.
How will you make the contracts work at the end of the year? It will be another contracted player for next year and we barely have any available spots as it is.

Crows I Am

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2006
Adelaide S.A
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
We will have pick 4 in the MSD.
Given the state of our list, I think it would be incompetent to pass.
Sloane can go on the long term injury list.
We should look for a big bodied KPD that we can pick up as cover for Butts for the rest of this season in case he gets injured. We saw on the weekend how much we struggled against the big key forwards when he wasn't available. We have obviously decided that Mcasey and Worrell aren't up to it, and we have seen how bad Frampton is in that position. But we can't go in to a game again with such an undersized defence.

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
How will you make the contracts work at the end of the year? It will be another contracted player for next year and we barely have any available spots as it is.
Can't we delist them end of year if needed?
Otherwise it's a rookie spot, not a main list spot.
I would expect some of our rookies to get upgrade end of year.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Be great to get a 2nd pick in top 13-14

I know I say it every year and it’s dependant on what you give up , but we urgently need quality
Sounds good, but will pick 13 or 14 get us the quality we need or just more congestion for spots?

If we can trade it for something in the 5-10, I'd be much happier, even if we need to drop down later in the draft.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Theo tonight said we are eyeing off Brett tuner from the bays in the mid season draft . He must’ve got confused the other night .

Turner is 25 yo 185cm. Averages 24 disposals
Better only be a 6 month gig.

Strange we're not looking at Josh Carmichael if we're going local. Younger and bigger at 189cm and 88kg and similarly another midfielder/forward.

Bazz_27

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LFC,
Has there been any talk of changing if list sizes to pre covid numbers? Seems odd they haven't done it but allowed clubs to have top up lists... hopefully they increase squad size at the end of the year. Really disadvantages us at the moment compared to what other clubs had to work with pre covid to get as much young talent on the list as possible

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

Here is a video of him . Has that nuggety style of play like Pedler . We dont need anymore players under 182cms .

Especially without pace, and if he's 25 already, anyone that age would need to be in our top 5 players to be drafted/traded in.

Back