• trade back in with a future second for someone else

• only take MM and keep the other spot for PSD/rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our draft haul:

Pick 17 - Max Michalanney (matched F/S)
Pick 43 - Billy Dowling
Pick 50 - Hugh Bond

Rookie Pick 5 - Andrew McPherson (re-listed)
Rookie Pick 21 - Paul Seedsman (re-listed)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With us being poor and GC on the improve, I’d try and see if we could trade our 1st next year for their first and 1 or 2 of there second rounders for this year. They have so many pick that they won’t use, plus GC are a yo-yo team at the moment. Next years pick might only be a 4 pick down grade but it might temp them
No way we should be trading next year's 1st unless it's for a proven player in the right age bracket that instantly makes us a better team given next year's draft looks to be outstanding.

That’s a decent option

I’d also funnily enough be looking at a small to play forward with 2nd pick ( as Rowe I think gets delisted and pressure on Murphy / McHenry to survive much longer )

The small needs to have offensive flair and a point of difference eg elite speed as we need pressure and offence/ goals from our smalls

Jones WA and Charlie Clarke come to mind
Murphy has a 2023 contract, McFlurry has a 2024 contract.

Nah, he's guessing this far out, his best mail usually comes after the National Draft Combine where all the Head Recruiters and players are there under the one roof and he can gauge on what players are getting interviewed the most and by whom and of course talking to the recruiters and players.

My money would still be on Keeler being selected before Michalanney, talls with Keeler's obvious athleticism, leap and excellent hands below his knees are generally at a premium.
Out of curiosity I went back to check his form guide from July last year. He got 9 of the top 10 picks correct, and 19 of the 25 picked in his July form guide went top 25 in the draft. 18 out of the 25 went within 5 spots of where he predicted. Pretty good for 4 months out. In August he was still 9/10 (Ben Hobbs was the miss both times), 23 out of 30 eventually went in the top 30 and 19/30 went within 5 spots of his prediction, so slightly worse.

I also checked 2017 and it was much worse. In July 2017 he got 5/10 top 10 picks, 18/25 top 25 picks with 10/25 within 5 of where he guessed. So maybe he's getting better info in recent years, as that year seemed much more random aside from the top 3 or so.

Still I think it's pretty likely that his top 10 will be close to the actual top 10. It's on the margins of the 25 listed where it's more likely he's off, for example he had Arlo Draper in the low teens in July/August and he eventually went 45. So Keeler not being in there doesn't mean he won't go top 25 but it does seem likely he will be around for our second pick.

Out of curiosity I went back to check his form guide from July last year. He got 9 of the top 10 picks correct, and 19 of the 25 picked in his July form guide went top 25 in the draft. 18 out of the 25 went within 5 spots of where he predicted. Pretty good for 4 months out. In August he was still 9/10 (Ben Hobbs was the miss both times), 23 out of 30 eventually went in the top 30 and 19/30 went within 5 spots of his prediction, so slightly worse.

I also checked 2017 and it was much worse. In July 2017 he got 5/10 top 10 picks, 18/25 top 25 picks with 10/25 within 5 of where he guessed. So maybe he's getting better info in recent years, as that year seemed much more random aside from the top 3 or so.

Still I think it's pretty likely that his top 10 will be close to the actual top 10. It's on the margins of the 25 listed where it's more likely he's off, for example he had Arlo Draper in the low teens in July/August and he eventually went 45. So Keeler not being in there doesn't mean he won't go top 25 but it does seem likely he will be around for our second pick.
I’ve got no doubt he’s got info from clubs especially on Ginbey and Michaelanney

Another factor that could mess up the order would be pick trades during the trade period.

No way we should be trading next year's 1st unless it's for a proven player in the right age bracket that instantly makes us a better team given next year's draft looks to be outstanding.
If we end up with an extra second rounder this year and my fall 2 ro 5 placers next years, I’d do it but am weary because I’d love Adelaide to get Moir who I think will be better then Rankine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we end up with an extra second rounder this year and my fall 2 ro 5 placers next years, I’d do it but am weary because I’d love Adelaide to get Moir who I think will be better then Rankine
Next years draft looks a ripper

I’d take Watson over Moir and like them both

Also some good rucks next year , especially the WA and GC suns boys

Moir might be one of the most naturally talented 17yos I’ve seen perform in the champs. Now, a lot can change in a year, but he’d add some real dynamism to our side

I’m big on Harley Reid for next year, too

Definitely want to see more of Tsatas, the thing I like about him is that he not only has the gamebreaking attributes of speed and run, but also the accumulation to go with it. How advanced his contested game is probably the main query

Muir is just what we need, he has so much talent and X factor, funnily enough I think we will get him because I don’t see us improving
Jack Delean ain't no slouch either, in that X factor regard.

My worry with drafting Philipou is that he is listed as a forward/mid.
It’s not that I don’t think he will be a mid, more that it will give us licence to bury him on a half forward flank for 3 years…
You know, development and stacked midfield and all of that

Back