List Mgmt. 2022 AFL Draft & Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at who has excelled under Voss (Curnow, Saad, Cripps. Martin and Motlop at times showing they can break games open) I’d say he has a preference for dynamic game breaker types. I wouldn’t be surprised if guys like Jefferson, Humphrey, George, Ginbey were high up on the list.

Last edited:
This draft class is not looking deep for key position players Cadman and Jefferson lead the forwards, but probably won’t get to us being likely top 10. Busslinger the top 10 KPD, Hayes is probably a first rounder and is a prolific interceptor. I wonder about his pace, or lack of it to counter leading forwards. Hybrid forward/ruck Keeler is a talent, but is probably the most questionable on attitude of the touted first rounders. There are some more speculative KPP types, I really like Phoenix Foster as a value forward/ruck, is a combine invitee but not featuring on the more public “phantoms”. Hard to know where he goes, second round to late. I don’t discount some of the second tier talls or hybrid types like Hustwaite, but question the need to reach for a “premium” tall if we are indeed looking at adding McAsey as a key position option.

a forward/ruck kid like Spicer.

Drafting Oliver Hollands with our first as a pacy balanced to outside mid, who could start his career as a wing option, but ultimately adds some zest to our midfield group. Drafting a forward/ruck like Spicer with a later pick although “happy” to consider other options. (If Sholl doesn’t happen Darcy Edmends seems a good wing option)

This is why I like Brayden George. A ready-to-go medium forward with an appetite for kicking goals, including from the 50m arc.
Do we need a medium forward though. Have no idea how good George is but next year we will gave Martin, JSOS , Honey and (at a pinch) McGovern on our list who can all play medium forward and you could include Fisher.

Don't really see it as an area of need unless draftee is a complete gane changer in which case he's probably not getting down to our pick.

Do we need a medium forward though. Have no idea how good George is but next year we will gave Martin, JSOS , Honey and (at a pinch) McGovern on our list who can all play medium forward and you could include Fisher.

Don't really see it as an area of need unless draftee is a complete gane changer in which case he's probably not getting down to our pick.

I think having blokes who are dead eye dicks in the forward 50 is a need for us. Particularly guys who can kick goals from 50m+. It really makes everyone else’s life much easier if your forwards are converting their opportunities and currently I think we have room for improvement in that area. I also think if we improve that area of our game that will have the biggest impact on our win/loss ratio.

The reason he is likely to slide to our pick is that he has been injured this year (I know, that’s the last thing we need more of) but he should be back to play a couple of games before the season is up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Player with x-factor, forward/mid who has had bouts where he's kicked 6 & 5 goals this year for Murray Bushrangers. Has sustained a knee injury though. Twomey has him 14 in his early draft. Sounds around our 1st pick & good for us don't you think?
This is why I like Brayden George. A ready-to-go medium forward with an appetite for kicking goals, including from the 50m arc.

I think having blokes who are dead eye dicks in the forward 50 is a need for us. Particularly guys who can kick goals from 50m+. It really makes everyone else’s life much easier if your forwards are converting their opportunities and currently I think we have room for improvement in that area. I also think if we improve that area of our game that will have the biggest impact on our win/loss ratio.

The reason he is likely to slide to our pick is that he has been injured this year (I know, that’s the last thing we need more of) but he should be back to play a couple of games before the season is up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If you take a medium forward (with the glut that currently have) you may well have to delist someone like Honey.

If you have too many in one position you have deficiencies in other areas.

Personally think that our greatest need is a young gun winger/outside mid. However more than happy to defer to those that have more knowledge about potential draftees than I do.

Personally think that our greatest need is a young gun winger/outside mid. However more than happy to defer to those that have more knowledge about potential draftees than I do.

+1 on the winger as first preference bigfrizz. It is the one spot we lack top end quality.

If no winger available in our range then I’d be hoping for best available with a favoured view towards key defender (missing second key defender of quality) followed half back flanker (Docherty replacement), and then half forward (Martin replacement).

IMO only, the second key position defender bit is problematic. Young looks like tying it up then starts punching and dropping easy marks, then plays amazing. I just don’t quite know about him as a 7 year lock for our team. I hope so though.

Someone like Toby Greene please.

Someone like Jack Gunstan

Someone like Tom Stewart

I like the sound of George and Hollands and would like the club to have a forward over 195cm developing in the 2nds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back