List Mgmt. 2022 AFL Draft & Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Brilliant!

Poor Binns - the recruitment team did not show too much excitement with that pick :think:

Poor Binns - the recruitment team did not show too much excitement with that pick :think:
I wouldn't go that far, I'd argue that Hollands and Binns were mentally locked in from their earlier planning. That's exactly who they wanted. Then they were hopeful of a trade, and of Lemmey.

As I've stated repeatedly I would have gone a different direction, but that's what you're seeing play out on the night. My real issue with this is that our interest in all of these players and moves was known pretty much as soon as the trade period kicked off to us, so earlier still to clubland. That's a problem.

As I've stated repeatedly I would have gone a different direction but that's what you're seeing play out on the night. My real issue with this is that our interest in all of these players and moves was known pretty much as soon as the trade period kicked off to us, so earlier still to clubland. That's a problem.

vector-illustration-of-broken-vinyl.jpg

Many year's ago at the height of his FIGJAMNESS and I liked him despite the tendency for The Magpies to handball backwards to give it to him (disposal was so good) - I thought he was a cheat. Saw the same when watching a junior dominating his age group at Doncaster and apparently he's now 6 foot 7, so potentially a Cripps. Not drafted, probably destined as a rookie of some sort for his tied Magpie Academy.

Ashwin - please have a look.

Hi peeps.

I've had a long, tiring 2022 and am going to go walkabout over the off-season. Just thought I'd put it out there.... you know, in case nobody noticed I was gone :p

In advance, Merry Xmas, Kwanza, Channuka, Festivus, Gregorian New Year, Lunar New Year, The List Finally Looks Healthy Hour and Annual Training The House Down Day.

Please leave an SSP spot open for me to rejoin the BF list in 2023 ;)
1669986865887.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prediction time. How many AFL games will each of our new draftees play in 2023?
Hollands, I believe, will be playing 13 games minimum. I won’t be surprised if he has an impact right away because of the lack if pure wingers we have.
Cowan, I think can get 6-8 games but that’s being generous due to the litany of players we have with experience down back.
Same goes for Binns but he could also play more for the same reasons as Ollie.
Lastly, Lemmey could get games but I really hope we just see him develop nicely in the 2s and really earn the right.

I’m starting to really like the mix we’ve brought in. I think they’ll gel really well with the lads.

Yep numb3rs.

Hand us 17 now :laughv1:

Fiwz6PeaMAEqClG
St Kilda won the trade period a few years ago with the Hill et al haul. How did that work out for them in the long term? Not a knock on your comment, which feels appropriately sarcastic, but these who won the…insert random AFL plaything…doesn’t put any actual wins or percentage on the board.

It’s all about what you do with it. Off to the Preseason thread.

Some decent names didn't get picked up in the rookie draft such as Szybkowski, Gilbey, D’Aloia, Hagan, Gilbee, Teal, Sadler and Phillips.

You've gotta feel for these kids - they'd be absolutely shattered after not achieving their dream - although these days there are still pathways to an AFL list via the SSP and mid-season drafts....

You've also gotta take a moment to pass a thought for the poor sods who have to go and play for * or the Aints.
At least a few will get onto training gigs at clubs, play a bit of VFL/WAFL/SANFL and be the next good videos stories in years to come. Best wishes to them and I hope one or two end up doing it at Carlton!

Overall i think a pretty solid crop of new blues. Cowan looks the real deal. I don't quite agree with the Binns selection but wish him well and back him in of course. Hollands i reckon will be a ripper for us.
I'm a little perplexed :think:we now seem to have a surplus of wingers, especially with LOB and Cottrell coming on and the aquisition of Acres.
Now Hollands & Binns, there's only two wing positions, perhaps Cottrell can work into a HFF role ?
Don't quite get it, we've really gone all in on the two way run, endurance side this draft. Perhaps to the detriment of depth in other positional needs.
Interested in others thoughts on this.
Cheers and of course, Go Blues !

I disagree. You can play with 3 wings with 1 rotating of the bench. Possibly a 4th as the sub. When you take into consideration that Hollands and Binns are 1st year players, with form and injuries you really need 5 on your list

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Goodness me!
In April...

The 199cm talent has drawn comparisons to St Kilda champion Nick Riewoldt for his blonde mop, contested marking ability and leading patterns, as he contends for top pick favouritism.

Adding to that...

Adding a degree of physicality to his game would go a long way in helping him successfully make the transition to AFL football.

My belief, can run, can kick, knows the game, but needs to build up strength (upper body still seems light, but he is only 18), and with good mentoring, development, and attitude, he will make it...

In April...

The 199cm talent has drawn comparisons to St Kilda champion Nick Riewoldt for his blonde mop, contested marking ability and leading patterns, as he contends for top pick favouritism.

Adding to that...

Adding a degree of physicality to his game would go a long way in helping him successfully make the transition to AFL football.

My belief, can run, can kick, knows the game, but needs to build up strength (upper body still seems light, but he is only 18), and with good mentoring, development, and attitude, he will make it...
There’s a bit to work with

I wouldn't go that far, I'd argue that Hollands and Binns were mentally locked in from their earlier planning. That's exactly who they wanted. Then they were hopeful of a trade, and of Lemmey.

As I've stated repeatedly I would have gone a different direction, but that's what you're seeing play out on the night. My real issue with this is that our interest in all of these players and moves was known pretty much as soon as the trade period kicked off to us, so earlier still to clubland. That's a problem.

How is that a problem. They know what they wanted and they got it done without hesitation. Your opinion in from your armchair. Our recruiting team has been tracking them every weekend for 2-4 years. They do plenty of research, interviews etc.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He is not a forward
Maybe not, but in the last half of last season Cottrell seemed to find himself on the forward line quite a bit and was very adept at kicking goals when needed. Seemed to be late in games and presumably when he had run his opponents off their feet. Added a bit of variety to the forward line. Can see him doing this more in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back