List Mgmt. 2022 AFL Draft & Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a valid hypothesis, but I think his papers are stamped.
I thought his papers were stamped a long time ago, but I also had Fog on that list. Both guys are showing more than in any earlier time in their careers. We might be having second thoughts.
Then again, a couple of guys HAVE to go: no choice.
[1] Ed Curnow will probably retire, but he was a rookie this year.
[2] O'Brien is gone - will probably be traded for next to nothing. But he does free up a spot on the senior list.
[3] Jack Carroll is probably on thin ice, but he isn't that old.
[4] Plowman is probably gone; not being able to break into the seniors, even when we've had injuries suggest his papers are stamped. However, should we offer him a spot as major player for the 2nds. he is a great player still at that level and our 2's do lack experience. Still, another senior spot freed up.
[5] Sam Philp - he just hasn't been able to get on the park. Another senior spot available.
[6] Josh Honey - I think Honey is working a lot harder these days than when he started. But he just doesn't get Enough ball and he doesn't hurt teams with his disposal.
After that it isn't easy picking guys who are certain to go. Big Durds, for example, hasn't played much, but we have only him and Young as back up tall defenders.
It is going to be a very interesting discussion about who is going to go, and very few are certain any longer.

I thought his papers were stamped a long time ago, but I also had Fog on that list. Both guys are showing more than in any earlier time in their careers. We might be having second thoughts.
Then again, a couple of guys HAVE to go: no choice.
[1] Ed Curnow will probably retire, but he was a rookie this year.
[2] O'Brien is gone - will probably be traded for next to nothing. But he does free up a spot on the senior list.
[4] Plowman is probably gone; not being able to break into the seniors, even when we've had injuries suggest his papers are stamped. However, should we offer him a spot as major player for the 2nds. he is a great player still at that level and our 2's do lack experience. Still, another senior spot freed up.
[5] Sam Philp - he just hasn't been able to get on the park. Another senior spot available.
[6] Josh Honey - I think Honey is working a lot harder these days than when he started. But he just doesn't get Enough ball and he doesn't hurt teams with his disposal.
After that it isn't easy picking guys who are certain to go. Big Durds, for example, hasn't played much, but we have only him and Young as back up tall defenders.
It is going to be a very interesting discussion about who is going to go, and very few are certain any longer.
Prob a discussion for the 2023 thread rather than rezzing this one. But LOB & Carroll are contracted for 2024. Unless we find a trade for either, they're on our list next year.

O'Brien is contracted. Who do you think will trade for him? Also, he's on the rookie list, not the senior list.
Carroll also contracted. Seriously doubt he's on thin ice this year.

O'Brien is contracted. Who do you think will trade for him? Also, he's on the rookie list, not the senior list.
Carroll also contracted. Seriously doubt he's on thin ice this year.
Swans might do a late pick swap for LOB if they still rate him, not sure there would be much interest elsewhere.

You can delist contracted players if you have the salary cap room.

Just saying...
Will repeat what I have said previously in greater detail. Unless LOB can find a suitor this year, I would elevate him to the main list. Other players are more likely to be retained long term, and we are going to have to meet our quota of three main list changes next year with virtually no “expendable” out of contract players.

We will have a couple of years of some changes/moves that are going to perplex the casual observer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back