List Mgmt. 2022 AFL Draft & Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Silly hypothetical if Clark makes it to our pick.

Trade 1: We trade pick 10 (11) for *'s 2023 first rounder (we add steak knives?).
Trade 2: We trade our 2023 1st for Sydney's pick 14 (15) and change (steak knives > than what we give *)

Analysis:

Sydney get to recycle into next year's draft. TICK
* get the contested beast they need, a very bankable player and talent in the door a year sooner. TICK
Carlton moves back four spots this year and quite possibly still get its guy. TICK.
We also gain some net steak knives. TICK.
We get to death-ride * all of next year, looking at a possibly decent 1st round upgrade in a strong draft. BOOM!
Is there such a thing as a guarantee in this business?

What if we did the first trade and then 4 picks later Sydney decided against the second one?

Hollands on draft countdown now.

Based on his managers' comments Hollands will 100% be taken by Sydney if they trade for our pick 10. His dad lives in Sydney and he's from Wodonga anyway which is halfway to Sydney.

It's either us or them. Depends on what Sydney will cough up.

Allegedly only a few moving pieces left and this is one of them (unless something shocking or out of the Blue happens).

We should back Austin and co. Came here with a good record and hasn’t put a foot wrong yet.

I like Hollands as a player, looks a very safe pick, but if the Swans want to pay overs for him we should accept.

For me it depends on how high the overs being offered are. I definitely back us in to judge the relative value of a trade. I think I've just fallen in love with the idea that Hollands can fill an important hole in our 22 right away. My thinking is that we're in the window and should be taking needs into greater account with our draft picks to maximise our chances of success over the next 4/5 years.

Allegedly only a few moving pieces left and this is one of them (unless something shocking or out of the Blue happens).

I'll add that almost all of the talk is coming from beyond the club.

The tight lips policy is apparently in full force.

So is the one mentioned yesterday of 10 and F2 for 14 and 17 on the table?

If we are happy to let them have Hollands, that seems pretty reasonable. At least we keep F1.

Ol mate Facebook reminding me of better days…

b8bfbd3ddbf24aaee54d437a4906f4ad.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d take McKenzie comfortably. I love what Hollands brings to the team but on talent I haven’t really had them anywhere near each other all year.

So you're saying Holland is brilliant at finding space.... gotcha!

:p :p :p

For me it depends on how high the overs being offered are. I definitely back us in to judge the relative value of a trade. I think I've just fallen in love with the idea that Hollands can fill an important hole in our 22 right away. My thinking is that we're in the window and should be taking needs into greater account with our draft picks to maximise our chances of success over the next 4/5 years.

Maybe the club thinks Hewett or Hotton could be this player for us, with a tall in Weddle or Hayes as an added bonus.

Exciting times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back