List Mgmt. 2022 AFL Draft & Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks, this is more or less what I thought was the case based on what I'd read, though wasn't 100% sure if that was right.

Wonder why we were so keen to take Binns where we did. Perhaps someone just after us was keen on him too.
Probably imagining this, but Freo looked flat to me after we picked Binns, they would have gotten Davies with their next pick

The bonus with Young, Durdin and now Lemmey, all of them can switch to the other end of the ground if needed

Come the end of next year, I suspect, that we will add an extra spine player, once we clear a few OOC mid size players that are superfluous to needs

How long have you been trying to squeeze that one into a sentence?

ld argue that development started in the second half of last year via Power's efforts.

I wouldn't argue against that. I believe Power is one helluva coach. However, it takes an entire coaching staff to bring out the best in a player on the field. It doesn't matter if one coach gets a player up to scratch iif the rest of the coaching team - especially the head coach - doesn't capitalise on it. There's no doubt that Team Voss capitalised and got the best out of LOB.

You said that he tried to ditch him. That was BS.

The bonus with Young, Durdin and now Lemmey, all of them can switch to the other end of the ground if needed

Come the end of next year, I suspect, that we will add an extra spine player, once we clear a few OOC mid size players that are superfluous to needs

What did you think of our picks Arrow? Ignore Hollands, what about the rest, especially Lemmey?

What did you think of our picks Arrow? Ignore Hollands, what about the rest, especially Lemmey?
Posted this previously

"Okay, firstly, I wouldn't have picked any of those kids at those picks

What we have done, is added endurance and ball movement players, in Hollands, Cowan and Binns, all of who, win their own footy, which is very important

My concern, we really haven't addressed and or prioritised pure speed and footskills

Lemmey, COULD be the best tall of this draft, can play anywhere down the spine"

Bit more on Lemmey. Has really good hands, is sharp on a lead, great tank and is a beautiful kick, and adequate on the left.

He likens himself to Tom Lynch (don't think he has that level of aggression), but think he is more mobile than Lynch, perhaps more like Tom McDonald for me

Posted this previously

"Okay, firstly, I wouldn't have picked any of those kids at those picks

What we have done, is added endurance and ball movement players, in Hollands, Cowan and Binns, all of who, win their own footy, which is very important

My concern, we really haven't addressed and or prioritised pure speed and footskills

Lemmey, COULD be the best tall of this draft, can play anywhere down the spine"

Bit more on Lemmey. Has really good hands, is sharp on a lead, great tank and is a beautiful kick, and adequate on the left.

He likens himself to Tom Lynch (don't think he has that level of aggression), but think he is more mobile than Lynch, perhaps more like Tom McDonald for me

Out of interest Arr0w, who would you have taken at each of our picks that was available?
Hewett instead of Hollands?

I wouldn't argue against that. I believe Power is one helluva coach. However, it takes an entire coaching staff to bring out the best in a player on the field. It doesn't matter if one coach gets a player up to scratch iif the rest of the coaching team - especially the head coach - doesn't capitalise on it. There's no doubt that Team Voss capitalised and got the best out of LOB.

they would want to...and thankfully he got a lot better last year,just need Dow to also be serviceable in the AFL as well to also get Carlton some reward for effort in terms of what has been invested in him..

Out of interest Arr0w, who would you have taken at each of our picks that was available?
Hewett instead of Hollands?

For who was left on the board at each pick

Hewett, Hotton, Dowling.

Lemmy, happy with that selection

Was really hoping Burgiel was still on the board at our 2nd, going to be a jet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I might be conflating Setterfield's treatment with O'Brien's given what they both copped in 2021, but it did reach a point where they gave O'Brien the flick for 2 games after some of his best offensive output for the entire year.

We were also 3-1 at the time.

Hewett, Hotton, Dowling.

Agree with Hewett - we’re going to regret letting him past.
‘Hotton - just don’t rate him at all. Doesn’t surprise me he went so late. Cowan was a very solid pick there IMO.
‘Dowling - has definite merit over Binns, and there’s a few others that I probably would have taken also.
Lemmey - astute pick. Multi sport athlete who has significant skills for a big. No brained at that pick.

I think the selectors went for too much run. Needed more hurt factor IMO.

Hewett, Hotton, Dowling.

For mine, I would have flipped it on it's head....gone with the best tall with our 1st, then address outside run later in the draft.

Jefferson, Hotton, Binns.

Last pick - one of Campbell/Szybkowski/Phillips/Hagan/Sadler

Pom, can you please turn off that annoying psychedelic lamp in the background when filming.
Looks a bit like a patrol car parked in front of his window.
It's to clean up the lighting for the camera, otherwise it would just be illuminated from the monitor and directly over his head. Eventually I'm sure he'll get a key light and some other soft lights for the background.

Last edited:

Hewett, Hotton, Dowling.

Arr0w, could you please give me your thoughts on Lemmy v Scully…in your opinion did we take the better tall?

Arr0w, could you please give me your thoughts on Lemmy v Scully…in your opinion did we take the better tall?

It's a tough one, as they are different types

I think Scully will develop into a ruck first/forward second (a very good forward), essentially what Rory Lobb should have been, but is allergic to banging bodies in the ruck. Scully will just take longer to build a body, think Todd Marshall

Lemmey is a natural key forward, quick, athletic, great endurance for a big guy, with some short stints in the ruck as cover. If he does struggle, his fall back position will be CHB

Of the 2, I would still take Lemmey, purely on talent alone

Last edited:

Hewett, Hotton, Dowling.

I’m happy with the rest, but for list balance I would have preferred Hotton over Binns

Of course now that Binns is a Blues, he’ll go on to be a better player and have a much better career than Hotton :D

BTW Too early, but I’d assume we are likely aiming for talls next draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back