Game Day 2022 AFL Draft - Round 1 tonight! Coverage starts 7PM AEDT - Picks from 7:25

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your courage will pull you through.

I just realised
Sam=Ash
Mitchell=Ketchum
Sam Mitchell is more Giovanni than Ash, wash your mouth out.

Look that was even hard for me to say it. I felt rather Pewter after typing that.
I'll boulder badge you over in a minute if you don't stop

They could have traded the pick though you are given a few minutes. It seems they were unprepared for any bid in the first round
Except GWS had picks 17, 20, 21 and 33 they would have needed to trade out.

It's not they were unprepared, they were painted in to a corner. Nor were they likely to receive commensurate value if they had traded out pick 17.

It was a d!ck c**t move by Sydney. And I rarely, rarely, rarely use such language.

Except GWS had picks 17, 20, 21 and 33 they would have needed to trade out.

It's not they were unprepared, they were painted in to a corner. Nor were they likely to receive commensurate value if they had traded out pick 17.

It was a d!ck c**t move by Sydney. And I rarely, rarely, rarely use such language.

GWS should have anticipated it and spread the assets around. It was a free hit from us bid on a player with no go home at all. Could have easily pushed 17 to the future at worst.

They should have had ready to go trades though...
To trade out of the whole draft, and pick a bunch of kids late.

What you're suggesting was more than likely not possible, and actually stupid for GWS to do.

What GWS should have done was let Sydney have the kid, rather than matching.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Herald Sun has confirmed the picks traded to Sydney from Hawks are linked to the Hawks.

Sydney handed the Hawks No.18 in exchange for No.27 plus second and third-selections in the 2023 draft.

Those future selections are both tied to Hawthorn, meaning if the Hawks finish 13th again in 2023 it will be picks 27 (this year) and picks 24 and 42 (next year) for Weddle.

That would be the equivalent of Sydney gaining No.21 for free under the AFL’s points system.

Next year’s draft is rated extremely highly, with some experts rating the talent likely to be available in the 20s and 30s similarly to this year’s late first-rounders

To trade out of the whole draft, and pick a bunch of kids late.

What you're suggesting was more than likely not possible, and actually stupid for GWS to do.

What GWS should have done was let Sydney have the kid, rather than matching.
No what I'm suggesting is GWS should have had options ready to trade out their picks for futures, then trade back in as needed... where they could have pulled the trigger if need be.

unknown.png

unknown.png

anyway here's Ponderball

Not followed the draft much this year - but can someone confirm whether Dodo won the night again?

Crafty bugger always seems to dominate
Kinnear Beatson pipped him tonight, but if a Davey bid comes after our next pick and Munkara slips to beyond 40 then he might finish second

Didn’t take Sydney and Footscray long to return serve to Adelaide and Brisbane respectively.
What goes around comes around …

View attachment 1563302
Didn't hurt us at all, with the trades we made at the beginning of the draft. Exactly the same as what both Collingwood and Bulldogs did at the start of last years draft.

We matched both Ashcroft with Fletcher with picks in this draft, don't have a draft deficit to carry over to next year's draft. Still have a future second round pick, a third round pick, and a fourth round pick in next years draft.

Never had plans to pick a third kid in this years draft.

We'll redraft Cockatoo and Lester, and pick up McKenna as a SSP with our last list spot. And add Darryl White jr as a Cat B rookie, and will add an academy kid or one of our VFL top ups as a Cat B rookie through our QLD zone selection rules.

Didn’t take Sydney and Footscray long to return serve to Adelaide and Brisbane respectively.
What goes around comes around …

View attachment 1563302
How so to Brisbane?

Clueless champ.

1. We have no more list spaces 2. We weren't using any more picks this draft 3. We had more than enough draft points to not go into deficit next year 4. we didn't lose any thing, I repeat, we did not lose a thing with the Dogs bidding on Fletch.

That's not to mention we recruited one of their best player in the trade period and finally, they are basically saying to Busslinger they would have preferred someone else.

Geez, the Dogs really returned serve to the Lions.:rolleyes:

Probably been pointed out already but I just realised Phillipou said he was built for the big stage, big crowds etc, and he has just been drafted by St Kilda.

I laughed thinking the exact same thing when the Saints picked him.:thumbsu:

If he can help get us back to playing finals then he will be playing on the big stage in front of big crowds, that should be one of the motivations for him.

No what I'm suggesting is GWS should have had options ready to trade out their picks for futures, then trade back in as needed... where they could have pulled the trigger if need be.
To do that with one pick is hard enough. To do that with 4 picks and have potential trades with 8 teams organised is not possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back