Game Day 2022 AFL Draft - Round 1 tonight! Coverage starts 7PM AEDT - Picks from 7:25

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did lol at swans being giant pains in the ass with bids to buy time and then drafting the player in the pool who best resembles a pain in the ass (konstanty). Great irony.

Like what the eagles have done.
Giants must be furious with sydney im surprised they didnt try to trade some picks out before they matched the bid. They looked almost sad when they matched it.
Dont really understand weddle for hawthorn.
The Giants had pick 18, so if they traded out 15 (or whatever it was after bids) then 18 would have just been swallowed up instead, or 19 after that.

By matching with 15 they at least kept 18 and 19 intact, whereas trading out 15 meant they displace two first rounders (15 and 18). Was a genuine lose-lose situation.

If it helps, Weddle has real defensive nous. Tackles to hurt, and talls and smalls alike both named him as the hardest guy to play on.
I thought that was the Adelaide FS? Either way, Weddle is a good pick up. 2km in 6 minutes for a 92kg kid is outstanding

Essendon should trade 25 and their F3 for GWS 21 to get a player in before Davey Jnr bid.
We're looking for a small forward. I'd say we'll bid

I dont mind the Weddle pick in isolation. A defensive group of of Weddle, Day, Grainger-Barass, Sicily, Hardwick, Scrimshaw and Blanck will be lit in 2-3 years or so. People seem to remember their 2013-15 run for their offence but Gibson won their BnF in 2013 and 2015 and Lake won the Norm in 2013, Hawthorn tend to build from the back to front.

My problem is they essentially gave up 27, ~20 and ~38 to get him. That is a big price to pay for any player, let alone a 7th defender. His talent isn't in question, just the price to get him for mine.

I thought that was the Adelaide FS? Either way, Weddle is a good pick up. 2km in 6 minutes for a 92kg kid is outstanding

Michelanney is also a good lockdown type, but Weddle’s the one who got namedropped as the toughest to play on. Genuine defender.

Day 2 here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back