List Mgmt. 2022 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft has been locked in for Wednesday, June 1 falling between rounds 11 and 12. Currently there are five clubs with one list spot free (and three others that can be activated) but more will open up before the draft.
@AFLcomau

You think lemmey would be available that late?

I would have thought he would go in the top 5?

Hes the highest rated kf imo (tho I haven’t watched Jefferson yet so can’t speak about him)

Love to hear your thoughts on lemmey (and any other prospects.
Any thought of players being put in an order this early in the season is comical.
Ok I have seen Harry come through the ranks from under 12s. The kid is very very good and always has been. The one thing he lacks to be taken top 3 is the intensity at the contest that talls need. Now by the end of the season I may say he has it, something he will need when standing 196cm backmen . No question about skills and athleticism. The question is does he have it. Having it is the difference between pick 3 and sliding to pick 15.
I have no idea how he ranks nationally because I have no idea on the other 6 talls that will go in the top 20.

Intensity is a key. People soiling themselves about those Keeler highlights above need to relook at them with intensity as their focus.

But Mitch Robinson would’ve gone #1 if intensity was the only focus. Athleticism and footballing are other key components- Lemmey has these and it is not too early to rank him and Keeler highly because of these.

Tom Scully a lazy 4.1 this week.

Lemmey listed on the bench for West tomorrow. Covid protocols keeping him out last week and round one but round 2 against the Bulldogs booted two goals from nine disposals and five marks in a 20-point loss.

I’m very much in Philthy’s camp of go hard at this draft. If we landed Lemmey it would be excellent. Somehow get a KPD and a ruck - perfect! Then hold anything we can to make a play for JHF. Luko is good, you would take him, but not sell the farm good. Also not sure where he plays for us but that’s not a bad problem to have.

Can’t split lemmey and Busslinger atm. Probably need lemmey more, busslinger putting up stupid numbers though. Early days still, just got to hope we don’t finish in that 14-8 range

Ok draft dodgers, sorry draft watchers, who are the 2 best WA kids and where are they likely to go in the draft??

WCE has to seriously consider tanking and getting a top 3 pick.

FFS 6 to 15 changes every week because McGowan refused to open up WA to the rest of the world and when he did its on the eve of the footy season, they have no hope of putting a decent side out there until well after bye rounds.

At the moment they don't need to tank, but in the second half of the year it has to be a serious consideration.

They have the money and are bullet proof to probably 4 years in a row being in the bottom 4. They can't do anything useful this year. Sure Simpson wont want to give up if he is going to get sacked,

I just don’t watch wafl football so i haven’t seen tonnes of vision of these kids.

There’s a few wa posters on the port board and they seem to watch a bit so hopefully a few of them can comment more.

I saw Elijah hewett in a match last year, he’s a great prospect. Looked a very balanced mid.

Ok draft dodgers, sorry draft watchers, who are the 2 best WA kids and where are they likely to go in the draft??

WCE has to seriously consider tanking and getting a top 3 pick.

FFS 6 to 15 changes every week because McGowan refused to open up WA to the rest of the world and when he did its on the eve of the footy season, they have no hope of putting a decent side out there until well after bye rounds.

At the moment they don't need to tank, but in the second half of the year it has to be a serious consideration.

They have the money and are bullet proof to probably 4 years in a row being in the bottom 4. They can't do anything useful this year. Sure Simpson wont want to give up if he is going to get sacked,
Hewett top 5
Buslinger top 10

SANFL Player Focus: Tom Scully (West Adelaide) - Aussie Rules Rookie Me Central

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sams Brother @ Eastern Rangers

Draft Central notes.

Lewis Hayes.

April 26, 2022

“A unique prospect at 197cm, Hayes continued his promising form in defence before spending some time on the wing. He looked arguably more comfortable with ball in hand than when defending, making great decisions and executing his skills well by both hand and foot. He took up aggressive positions behind the ball and looked to help Eastern lock it in the front half, but not quite having the same intercept impact as previous weeks.”

April 13, 2022

“Along with Watson, Hayes is another player who defies his size – only in a much different sense at 197cm. The top-ager worked high up the ground from his defensive post, helping Eastern set up a formidable wall when attacking and being trusted to use the ball well in all areas. He was a useful intercept piece throughout the day and while he can certainly add some size to better compete in contested marking tussles, Hayes offers dynamism as a key defender.”

IMG_1354.JPG

It may take a while to fill out that frame but Lewis does get talked up a little and we probably need to stack up on a few KPDs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back