List Mgmt. 2022 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wouldn't Michaelanny qualify as a F/S for Port if he and his Dad played for Norwood, as they are one of our aligned clubs?
Bit like Borlase was tied as an NGA to the Croms cos he was in Sturt's zone.
adelaides zone, and his dad played 211 games I think with a bunch disallowed under the afls and sanfls different games counts fiasco. The afl recognised count was something like low 190’s if I recall correctly so pretty close.
The Sa clubs really got screwed by the *up.

Joshua Tweedale sounds like a string bean, James Van Es like a block of flats.
Saw van es in a game a fair while back and was impressed based on that small sample size. He’s a very good size, good build long arms and natural defender with some good traits. Keen to see how he develops.

adelaides zone, and his dad played 211 games I think with a bunch disallowed under the afls and sanfls different games counts fiasco. The afl recognised count was something like low 190’s if I recall correctly so pretty close.
The Sa clubs really got screwed by the fu**up.

Saw van es in a game a fair while back and was impressed based on that small sample size. He’s a very good size, good build long arms and natural defender with some good traits. Keen to see how he develops.
He played 177 eligible games. He was injured too often and missed out. From a post I put in the potential father son player thread 2 years ago

He played 3 games in 1985 and Port between 1986-96 played
24+24+24+25+25+23+24+25+26+25+26 = 271 games.
So he played 174 of those 271 games to go with the 3 he played in 1985 to get to 177 eligible games.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
The Sa clubs really got screwed by the fu**up.

HeraldSun seem to think the 211 games is AFL legit:

Father-son guns Will Ashcroft and Max Michalanney headline a talented AFL Academy squad for 2022 which features a host of familiar names.

Michalanney’s inclusion is another indicator the Crows have access to one of the top talents in next year’s pool, after father Jim played 211 SANFL games for Norwood before Adelaide entered the AFL in 1991.

AFL site too:

Highly rated defender Max Michaelanny also earned selection in the squad and could join Adelaide under father-son ruling given his father, Jim, played over 200 SANFL games for Norwood in the 20 years immediately before the Crows' AFL inception.

Feb 7, 2014
reynella
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea FC , Boston Red Sox/celtics

Father-son guns Will Ashcroft and Max Michalanney headline a talented AFL Academy squad for 2022 which features a host of familiar names.

Michalanney’s inclusion is another indicator the Crows have access to one of the top talents in next year’s pool, after father Jim played 211 SANFL games for Norwood before Adelaide entered the AFL in 1991.

AFL site too:

Highly rated defender Max Michaelanny also earned selection in the squad and could join Adelaide under father-son ruling given his father, Jim, played over 200 SANFL games for Norwood in the 20 years immediately before the Crows' AFL inception.

Why the * do crows get norwood players under f/s rules

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Last edited:

Jojay

PISS BLASTERS "RS"
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

AFL site too:

Lol Darryl Borlase played 246 games for us including captaining the 98 flag. Crows can have first dibs on his son too haha this league's putrid

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

AFL site too:

Yeah it’s a weird one.
I’m positive I read a story a while back when Michealnanny was playing under 16s that while his dad had played 211 sanfl counted games but the regular season count the afl recognised was just short of the 200 at 190 something, thereby robbing the crows of access to him.

it would also be very irregular for the preseason and cup games to be added to all sanfl tallies but to not apply in this case and 211 somehow equals 211.

I know 6+ months ago that Michealnanny was not listed as a crows father son anywhere as they also made note of it (in a long and pretty thorough discussion) on the crows board and were questioning why, and if he indeed should be.
There was a push on their board to officially contact the club and chase it up.
so according to all information available at the time, he wasn’t a crows father son.

1 article said he wasn’t eligible (very old article that I can’t even recall who it came from)
there was nothing from the afl or crows listing him as a crows father son in the many articles talking about father sons (until recently)
the crows board assumed that he wasn’t listed as a crows father son as they couldn’t find anything about him, and someone involved in sanfl juniors I spoke to said they were not aware of him being a crows father son (this was around a year ago I posed that question)

If he is now, something has changed. Someone on the main board reckons Norwood count sanfl games differently? I have my doubts.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Yeah it’s a weird one.
I’m positive I read a story a while back when Michealnanny was playing under 16s that while his dad had played 211 sanfl counted games but the regular season count the afl recognised was just short of the 200 at 190 something, thereby robbing the crows of access to him.

it would also be very irregular for the preseason and cup games to be added to all sanfl tallies but to not apply in this case and 211 somehow equals 211.

I know 6+ months ago that Michealnanny was not listed as a crows father son anywhere as they also made note of it (in a long and pretty thorough discussion) on the crows board and were questioning why, and if he indeed should be.
There was a push on their board to officially contact the club and chase it up.
so according to all information available at the time, he wasn’t a crows father son.

1 article said he wasn’t eligible (very old article that I can’t even recall who it came from)
there was nothing from the afl or crows listing him as a crows father son in the many articles talking about father sons (until recently)
the crows board assumed that he wasn’t listed as a crows father son as they couldn’t find anything about him, and someone involved in sanfl juniors I spoke to said they were not aware of him being a crows father son (this was around a year ago I posed that question)

If he is now, something has changed. Someone on the main board reckons Norwood count sanfl games differently? I have my doubts.

The info I've seen on Jim's career mentions him playing in the Ardath Cup winning team in 1977 and playing in the reserves GF in 1986, so who knows how many night games and reserves games are included in that 211 - need to get our Ferret to ferret out the truth!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Anyone know what this is about? I just cancelled my subscription as well lol

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The impact of an AFL draft change will be laid bare to Adelaide next year if it loses access to a promising prospect considered one of SA’s top 2022 talents.
North Adelaide forward/ruckman Isaac Keeler is viewed as a chance to be taken in the opening two rounds and is in the Crows’ Next Generation Academy, but he will be up for grabs inside the first 40 selections.

A member of the 2022 SA Talent Hub, is a smooth-moving, high-leaping, athletic, 197cm Indigenous prospect in the mould of St Kilda’s Paddy Ryder. The Port Augusta product booted 25 goals and averaged 14.3 disposals, as well as 6.1 score involvements, from 15 under-18 games as a bottom-ager this year.

Keeler also kicked two majors and gathered 11 touches for SA against WA in an under-17 championship match. Roosters coach Craig Brooks told News Corp Keeler had long shown plenty of potential.

Brooks did not expect Keeler would be available after pick 40 next year but said there was a long way to go and he needed to improve his ruck craft and workrate.

jabba5114

Premiership Player
Jan 23, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The impact of an AFL draft change will be laid bare to Adelaide next year if it loses access to a promising prospect considered one of SA’s top 2022 talents.
North Adelaide forward/ruckman Isaac Keeler is viewed as a chance to be taken in the opening two rounds and is in the Crows’ Next Generation Academy, but he will be up for grabs inside the first 40 selections.

A member of the 2022 SA Talent Hub, is a smooth-moving, high-leaping, athletic, 197cm Indigenous prospect in the mould of St Kilda’s Paddy Ryder. The Port Augusta product booted 25 goals and averaged 14.3 disposals, as well as 6.1 score involvements, from 15 under-18 games as a bottom-ager this year.

Keeler also kicked two majors and gathered 11 touches for SA against WA in an under-17 championship match. Roosters coach Craig Brooks told News Corp Keeler had long shown plenty of potential.

Brooks did not expect Keeler would be available after pick 40 next year but said there was a long way to go and he needed to improve his ruck craft and workrate.
Cheers mate legend

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Relativity

Premiership Player
Oct 28, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port

They should be able to get him with their pick 1.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
The year of big players in the top 20 including those from S.A.

HARRY LEMMEY
Club:
West Adelaide/South Australia
Position: Key forward
Size: 199cm, 93kg

ISAAC KEELER
Club:
North Adelaide/South Australia
Position: Key forward-ruck
Size: 197cm, 83kg

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
The year of big players in the top 20 including those from S.A.

HARRY LEMMEY
Club:
Position: Key forward
Size: 199cm, 93kg

ISAAC KEELER
Club:
North Adelaide/South Australia
Position: Key forward-ruck
Size: 197cm, 83kg

Preferably a key forward is what we need, I would go for Lemmey.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Another SA big fella:

Harry Barnett
22/01/2004 | 202cm | Ruck/Forward

It is the land of the giants over at West Adelaide in 2022, and Barnett is one of many viable tall forward options at the Bloods’ disposal. For a player who measures up at 202cm, the Westies bigman moves incredibly well and can carry the ball forward, while also posing an obvious aerial threat.

davesnothere

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Another SA big fella:

Harry Barnett
22/01/2004 | 202cm | Ruck/Forward

It is the land of the giants over at West Adelaide in 2022, and Barnett is one of many viable tall forward options at the Bloods’ disposal. For a player who measures up at 202cm, the Westies bigman moves incredibly well and can carry the ball forward, while also posing an obvious aerial threat.

Is he the lad that did work experience with us?

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Sounds like there are a dozen or so talented talks this year to choose from.

Smalls are around too, viz D'Aloia, Sheezel, Ryan, Hollands, et al.

Hope we deal for some early picks.

Key forward (life after Dixon)
Midfielder (more depth)
Small forward (Robbie Gray, Fantasia, Motlop, Farrell and McEntee no certainties going forward)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back