Game Day 2022 AFL Draft thread.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We usually do a GD Draft thread to keep the stuff out if the Drafting and trading thread.

WE will close that one for now and reopen after the draft.

Ive copied the last 25 posts over to keep the chat going.

All Draft talk in here now please.

GO Catters

Last edited:
Henry, DeKoning and Kolodjashnij can all play KD and they're quite young still.

Oscar Murdoch also played FB at the Falcons for a lot of the season. He plays taller than his height indicates because he's quite strong and reads the play well..
Remember the game against the Saints a couple of years ago when King marked everything but didn’t kick straight, and this board went into meltdown about our lack of height in the backline. If SDK gets injured, Kolo and Henry will have their work cut out against the big boys.

Particularly as most posters regarded Kolo as hopeless for much of last season.

Remember the game against the Saints a couple of years ago when King marked everything but didn’t kick straight, and this board went into meltdown about our lack of height in the backline. If SDK gets injured, Kolo and Henry will have their work cut out against the big boys.

King will do that to anyone.

I've got faith in Ratagolea to play on the tall ones

I think Kolo can match it with most guys up to and around 196cm or 197cm... but can be tested a bit with those next gen +200cm forwards.

I've got faith in Ratagolea to play on the tall ones
I hope Sav can do it, but he will have to really concentrate on the basics in defence, as he is not a natural footballer despite his physical attributes. If successful, he will free up SDK.

Lynch, Cox, Daniher, Gawn all could turn a final should SDK and Henry be injured.

SDK is in our top 5 most important players, arguably top 3.

This is the AFL. Depth is hard to find for star players who can't be replaced. While you're right in saying that losing him could be costly, it's the same for 17 other clubs and their most important players. We're no different.

You simply don't have replacements for players who are the some of the best in their position. It doesn't exist. Players like SDK are so hard to find in the first place, to think you'd have a replacement running around in the ressies is ludicrous.

SDK is in our top 5 most important players, arguably top 3.

This is the AFL. Depth is hard to find for star players who can't be replaced. While you're right in saying that losing him could be costly, it's the same for 17 other clubs and their most important players. We're no different.

You simply don't have replacements for players who are the some of the best in their position. It doesn't exist. Players like SDK are so hard to find in the first place, to think you'd have a replacement running around in the ressies is ludicrous.
I never said a tall replacement defender would be as good as SDK or Henry. That is ridiculous. I was saying we needed to draft a tall defender for a break glass situation and to develop him for the future. We are well covered in all other positions.
Phillips was chosen as the most promising VFL player by good judges of footballers.

And i thought Kolo had his best year, did not make many mistakes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone have a theory on the long discussion before the Pheonix selection?

I remember a similar debate before the constable pick…

Also do you think they left a spot open in case of injury emergency? Eg lack of Tall def depth

Reckon that Mackie and Wells have done an outstanding job regenerating this list over the past few years. Seeing the next crop of young players come through fills me with a lot of optimism that we may well enjoy more success over the next 5 years or so.

There will be challenges replacing generational talents such as Selwood and Hawkins but I think we are on the right path. With the number of young promising midfielders we now have on the list it allows us to now start cherry picking positional gaps on our list such as another key forward and key back. There aren’t really though any glaring issues.

I know this is the 2022 draft thread but next year watch for Zekiah Davey at the Falcons. He was a bottom ager this year that had a knee injury and only played a handful of games. He struggled a little as a result both mentally and physically on his return. He has a lot of talent. Multiple B&F's and played seniors quite young.

An absolute gun at cricket too.

I know this is the 2022 draft thread but next year watch for Zekiah Davey at the Falcons. He was a bottom ager this year that had a knee injury and only played a handful of games. He struggled a little as a result both mentally and physically on his return. He has a lot of talent. Multiple B&F's and played seniors quite young.

An absolute gun at cricket too.

What is his local club ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back