List Mgmt. 2022 AFL Draft & Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Given where talent is generally ranked in this draft, a slider in Busslinger or Hayes at our 1st pick makes sense, then taking a non tall with our 2nd pick. Even though he isn't an immediate need, I would even be happy if we took Jefferson at our 1st where he has time to develop

If we take a Hotton type with our 1st, guys like Hayes, Barnett would be gone with our 2nd, then given we may lose our 3rd for Acres, we would be looking to take a tall 4th round or beyond, but there are a handful that I like late, as project types

As for Phillipou, IMHO he isn't a Bont, Fyfe type, he is a forward first and foremost at the next level, but could work well in round the ground stoppages, not centre bounces. The kicker with him, would be if he grows a little more then he actually becomes a KPF

Your comments on Phillipou are interesting, when you say at AFL level he would be a forward, like what type of forward? Stringer type or Gunston type? We are drying out for either, yet you still don’t seem too interested.

Similar with Jefferson, can he play in the same forward line with Harry and Charlie? If not, I really don’t see why we would pick him, if he’s a third tall type or if he could play the second ruck role then sure, I just don’t see a need for that type.

Your comments on Phillipou are interesting, when you say at AFL level he would be a forward, like what type of forward? Stringer type or Gunston type? We are drying out for either, yet you still don’t seem too interested.

Similar with Jefferson, can he play in the same forward line with Harry and Charlie? If not, I really don’t see why we would pick him, if he’s a third tall type or if he could play the second ruck role then sure, I just don’t see a need for that type.

Just talking talent, and I will share my thoughts on about 30 odd players soon

Phillipou reminds me more of a Fritsch at this stage. While I understand the fascination of people thinking most forwards or defenders can play further up the ground due to doing stints or even large portions of time through the middle, many aren't able to translate that aspect at AFL level.

I stated earlier in regards to Jefferson that he is and will be a player that warrants a top 12 pick, despite not being a priority need, so I would take others I rate at a similar level, that are more needs based.

Jefferson is a Harrison Jones type, you could let him develop naturally in the VFL and when ready, play as a 2nd KPF, with Charlie as a 3rd tall

But again, at our 1st pick, I would take Busslinger if he slid, or either Hotton or Hayes.

Hotton is perfect need based, quick, sharp, breaks lines, kicks goals

Busslinger or Hayes develop as KPDs in the VFL and or play 3rd tall at AFL level like Gibcus. Once ready to hold down a KPD role with Weitering, you could play Young forward/chopout ruck

Plenty of viable options

I’ve been a big fan of needs over best available within the span of a couple of picks. It’s ‘the opportunity‘ to get a best 22 spot that is the best development route for a young player. Setterfield is a decent player with no opportunity killing his career. So needs picking within reason offers a solution to this problem . Stocker another example. Kennedy under Teague.

Having said all of that, in the 2022 draft this year I’m all for best available. Our list has reached a state of class on every line. If not class then young class about to step up (TDK/Mirkov and Motlop/Durdin). For the wingers we have Acres and if we want Walsh. All class there. Every other line has strong players.

For this Year pick best available. For next year repeat except for the player type picked this year and so on for the next 4 years.

From the main board.....I think PMBangers is on the rookie me central team - which is a great resource - as well as publishing the AFL DRAFT GUIDE. This is his latest phantom, although he does qualify it with 'best fit' to clubs, and of course this order will change during the trade period.

Going by the media commentary, you'd imagine that the top 10 or so are almost locked in - although the exact order may change - but suggests that players like Humphrey, Hotton, Jefferson, Hollands and Hewett etc could be available around our first pick along with a potential slider.

Anyway, I reckons it'd have Arr0w and Forty3 pretty chuffed with our two picks if this came to be.

Personally I'd love to grab Humphrey if he was still available at our pick, looks like he could be a real game changer.

i-hate-doing-pahntoms-man-png.1518197

From the main board.....I think PMBangers is on the rookie me central team - which is a great resource - as well as publishing the AFL DRAFT GUIDE. This is his latest phantom, although he does qualify it with 'best fit' to clubs, and of course this order will change during the trade period.

Going by the media commentary, you'd imagine that the top 10 or so are almost locked in - although the exact order may change - but suggests that players like Humphrey, Hotton, Jefferson, Hollands and Hewett etc could be available around our first pick along with a potential slider.

Anyway, I reckons it'd have Arr0w and Forty3 pretty chuffed with our two picks if this came to be.

Personally I'd love to grab Humphrey if he was still available at our pick, looks like he could be a real game changer.

Love Weddle, would be gutted to see Hewett go to the Pies though!

He would also get some reasonable club mail, so not surprised with Hotton and I do like him

Would love Barnett to drift a couple more spots, reminds me of Ben Miller

Hayes that late? Can't see it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really like Weddle, would like him even more if he grew a little.

Hewett is a strange one, had a great back end to his junior year, but has been a little "off" this year and not sold on his disposal
Hewett had some real battles with his lungs after covid this year. If he gets that sorted out someone is getting a steal. If…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back