List Mgmt. 2022 AFL Draft & Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Matty Lloyd gave Ollie Hollands a massive wrap on Trade Radio. Around being able to tag at school level as opposed to it being prohibited in NAB league, and his tenacity and ability to work through. Quoting 13 tackles in a game levels and still getting 30 possies. Did suggest perhaps needing to tidy disposal, which personally I don’t see. Playing inside in the kids comp and under constant pressure. Early seasons at top level would be more outside. His technique and vision are excellent. I don’t see an issue, particularly when compared to his contemporaries.

So based on Cal Twomeys phantom draft Hollands and Hewett fall into our range with Hotton a little further back.

Hollands is a Victorian,Hewetts from WA,could be considered in our thought process if choosing between them.

Hollands 71kg
Hewett 84kg

Huge difference in weight.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

After having locked in runners O’Brien, Cotterel and most likely Acres, I’m thinking Hayes. This kid is a great size, mobile, has mongrel and is a excellent long kick.

Im also a fan of George at 28. If we get him in we can rehab him properly, he gets into the system still, comes out more AFL ready in a year and could be that Greene, DeGoey type hybrid player. With no real position, we can develop him into the type we need on the mend.

So based on Cal Twomeys phantom draft Hollands and Hewett fall into our range with Hotton a little further back.

Hollands is a Victorian,Hewetts from WA,could be considered in our thought process if choosing between them.

Hollands 71kg
Hewett 84kg

Huge difference in weight.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
From what I’ve seen it hasn’t hurt Hollands much at all.

Doesn’t get rag dolled

We know Twomey gets good info in who clubs are looking at, but any changes to early selections and or clubs trading early picks, will change the course of the draft
Also I think that this list us more based on how he sees them.

His final one released just prior to the draft matches more how the individual clubs see the draftees, along with the updated draft positions. So even if he thinks Busslinger is the 14th best player available if he hears that essendon will take him at 4 that's where he will be ranked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Twomey has Phillipou at 11 - dare to dream...🙏
He has certaintly made some changes to his order from a month ago, Humphrey has moved up dramatically & Phillipou has moved down to 11.
The other one Busslinger he now has at 14, he is normally quite accurate in his predictions, be interesting to see in a month's time.

He has certaintly made some changes to his order from a month ago, Humphrey has moved up dramatically & Phillipou has moved down to 11.
The other one Busslinger he now has at 14, he is normally quite accurate in his predictions, be interesting to see in a month's time.
He had Phillipou at 11 in August, has moved Hollands ahead of Hewett and Busslinger this month.
Also, this is his rankings, not his phantom draft.

Hollands for me.

I think people are getting too sucked into his frame. Doesn’t effect him at all in my belief. It would if he was timid at the contest which he isn’t.

But I do think whoever we get at our pick will be a good player for the club
Hollands is a great player, but I hope we don’t take him. He’s adding to more of what we have, more inside than outside midfielder who does his best work around stoppages, he’s a very good runner, but serious question marks on his ball use.
High possession, slightly lower impact player. I think he could find himself stuck in our 2s for a couple of years as I don’t believe he would have the ability to play a hybrid role early on in his career and midfield spots are hard to come by at the moment.

I’d love us to try move up a little and get Mackenzie. Finds time and space a little like Pendles and his ball use is smart and damaging.

Otherwise Hewett would be my pick, whilst he’ll have a great career as a midfielder, he’s the type of player that could have an impact playing forward whilst developing and waiting for a spot to open up in our midfield.

Hollands is a great player, but I hope we don’t take him. He’s adding to more of what we have, more inside than outside midfielder who does his best work around stoppages, he’s a very good runner, but serious question marks on his ball use.
High possession, slightly lower impact player. I think he could find himself stuck in our 2s for a couple of years as I don’t believe he would have the ability to play a hybrid role early on in his career and midfield spots are hard to come by at the moment.

I’d love us to try move up a little and get Mackenzie. Finds time and space a little like Pendles and his ball use is smart and damaging.

Otherwise Hewett would be my pick, whilst he’ll have a great career as a midfielder, he’s the type of player that could have an impact playing forward whilst developing and waiting for a spot to open up in our midfield.
Any inkling as to who/what type of player we'll be hoping for at our pick?

Any inkling as to who/what type of player we'll be hoping for at our pick?
Very hard to say at this point.
There is obviously going to be a lot of changes to the draft order with the players that have nominated trades.
On top of that there are a few clubs looking to move up, and several looking to move out for more points.
It also looks like this year teams are going to draft a lot more based on needs than the traditional best available. So phantom rankings could be way off. Especially with interstate sides having a lot of the earlier picks.

Isn't Hollands a balance mid/winger?

Isn't Hollands a balance mid/winger?
Depends who does the write up.

I’m just speaking in my own opinion here.
I see him more as a Serong styled midfielder. Does his best work inside. Elite two way runner and plays with a hard edge, which I like.
But on a needs basis I think he plays a position we have great depth in, and what he lacks is xfactor and front half damaging possessions.

Depends who does the write up.

I’m just speaking in my own opinion here.
I see him more as a Serong styled midfielder. Does his best work inside. Elite two way runner and plays with a hard edge, which I like.
But on a needs basis I think he plays a position we have great depth in, and what he lacks is xfactor and front half damaging possessions.
Fair enough...
I'd like Phillipou or Humphrey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back