AFL 2022 AFL Finals - Week 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know we do this every year spell doom and gloom for the first qualifying finals losers, but I have real concerns about my dees... Brisbane get back Rayner and Ainswerth and getting the monkeys finals off their backs will do them wonders, the blowout the other week is nearly irrelevent in my books and Petracca is going to play injured if he plays at all.... they can play the MCG as evidenced by a 42 point lead on Richmond so I am not buying into that narrative either

I am confident in Pies though... think Freo have played their grand final... it will be a high intensity low scoring grind but I feel pies have more match turners

I’m anticipating another upset this week, and if there was to be one I think it’d be Brisbane beating Melbourne. I think the Lions have discovered their mojo.

I’d really like to see the Pies go all the way, the noise and atmosphere would be phenomenal.

How have the Lions all of a sudden found their mojo by lucking themselves a win against 7th having been belted by 10 goals by Melbourne the week before?

Last edited:
How have the Lions all of a sudden found their mojo by lucking themselves a win against 7th having been belted by 10 goals by Melbourne the week before?
A lot can change in a few weeks with mindset and stuff, I'll be targeting Viney to go big in the middle coming off a bit more of a quiet game, Petracca injured, Oliver sure to get the tag.Neale to get have attention from Brayshaw and a bit of Harmes maybe, Viney looks the solid bet

Lions came in to the game 3 men down and mentally had to overcome a team that recently beat them after trailing 42 points down. They didn’t go foetal, instead they went back to playing their brand of footy, not the faux tough guy brand which cost them a fortnight ago.

It’s footy and anything can happen. I’m expecting an upset and (ffs it’s just an opinion) it might be this game.
Tigers we’re favourites last week and look how that turned out.

I’m playing it safe and hedging my bets.

I guess my point is this is the same thing that happens most years

WEEK 1 WINNER - they are back!!!
Week 1 loser - they look totally gone!
yeh we get that and I cited that in my first post we tend to overreact but I feel like with Petracca Hobbled and dees forward line very hit and miss.. if Brisbane can exert just a tad more pressure around the ball this time and now having Robertson to at least curtail Oliver a bit and stop him constantly feeding it out , then this is a genuine coin flip match... they would of learnt a lot from the GABBA disaster and focus on what they do naturally this time.. I doubt Kozzie thrashes Starcavich again too..

yeh we get that and I cited that in my first post we tend to overreact but I feel like with Petracca Hobbled and dees forward line very hit and miss.. if Brisbane can exert just a tad more pressure around the ball this time and now having Robertson to at least curtail Oliver a bit and stop him constantly feeding it out , then this is a genuine coin flip match... they would of learnt a lot from the GABBA disaster and focus on what they do naturally this time.. I doubt Kozzie thrashes Starcavich again too..
Dev has to play and do his very best to stay with Oliver, a very big ask but have to play Dev over Lyons. Matho has to smash Viney, tall forwards have to spread maybe even one sacrifice their own game to separate Lever and May. And hopefully the backline learnt from r23 game and are more accountable with 1 v 1, rather than handing over and playing zones.
It wasn't just Starc on occasions it was Answerth on Kozzie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See no reason why the Dees line isn't one of the bets of the season, you're getting $2 to clear a 3 goal line on the side theyve beat by 10 goals twice this season who are going in without their first choice Ruck.

What’s GOOD degens something about griffin logue at sb are giving 5.10, 19, 91 multiples. Can this big goof of s**t show up at odds? I'm on for 4, he's too much of a s**t campaigner to full train for mine, but I'll trust him for 4 LOL

See no reason why the Dees line isn't one of the bets of the season, you're getting $2 to clear a 3 goal line on the side theyve beat by 10 goals twice this season who are going in without their first choice Ruck.
LOL ruck is overrated and you think Fort is any less capable than BIG O?? not much at all, lessons are learned from heavy losses, the attitude brisbane went in with last time at gabba wasn't condusive to playing to their strengths... it'll be a very tight game, I am normally very accurate tipping results of my team.

damn didn't realise the dees/swans last qtr only had 2 goals:( it cancelled out the 3 goals every qtr every game bet at 7.00, even the 4 goals every qtr every game hit in all 4 games except that last qtr:( at 67.00!! could be a costly last qtr As I'd expect 4 goals a qtr to get up in bris/dees even with a bit of weather... I kinda hope now Freo/pies have a real low quarter so the bet wouldn't of mattered anyway... my 2 goals every qtr/every game at 2.00 is still alive thankfully!

What’s GOOD degens something about griffin logue at sb are giving 5.10, 19, 91 multiples. Can this big goof of s**t show up at odds? I'm on for 4, he's too much of a s**t campaigner to full train for mine, but I'll trust him for 4 LOL
Speaking of big goof.

Uncle Joe is OUT for the Lions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back