Preview 2022 AFL Grand Final, Geelong vs Sydney @ 2:30pm at the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

But Menegola has already been told he's in if Max out
I haven’t spoken to menagola (!h😳😶) so can’t confirm. But I have heard a few times over past few weeks that he was in or sub and that has proven not to be the case. So I am backing Parf and MOC but still hoping for max!

Even you're being positive!
Went to the Parade today with 2 grandsons, and could not believe how much red and white was around.
I'll repeat this, imo, very 50-50 game.
Only advantage I can see is their taxing game last Saturday.

Really?

The news tonight said it would be O'Connor in if Holmes is out
Will let vdubs speak for himself but I took his reply as sarcastic.

An earlier post he said they wouldn’t go with menagola but another poster was very strong that he knew first hand that menagola had been told.

I don’t buy it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will let vdubs speak for himself but I took his reply as sarcastic.

An earlier post he said they wouldn’t go with menagola but another poster was very strong that he knew first hand that menagola had been told.

I don’t buy it

IF Holmes doesn't play, I'm going with the MC to go the total blindside with Ceglar coming in, Stanley to play on the wing & re-live his grand final sprint winning days

Its just dawned on me that tomorrow could very well be the last time we see Selwood run out for the Geelong Football Club, have been dreading this moment!!!
My take on his comments today is that if the club wants him to go on, he will. He's such a competitive and significant force I'd hate to see him end up helping another club.:(

I would still prefer Parfitt/Menegola to directly replace Holmes and MOC to remain sub.

Me too...against sydney i think you beef the mids up rather than another def in..i know moc could go half back and tuohy or duncan to wing but i prefer menegola or parfitt into the mids tactically.

Yep they will make the call.

Unfortunately for Max I think that will be not to take any risk. So he won’t play. I hope I am wrong but feel as gutted for him as I did when it first happened.

So my view is late change and Holmes out with MOC into 22. Parfait sub.

All the arguments for mena (while logical around wing role) I think are moot. He hasn’t played enough footy and we have smith and Duncan to cover wing and MOC and Parf are more flexible.

I wouldnt say parf is more flexible hes an inside mid whereas sam can play wing or hf. Moc is role flexible though agreed.

My take was the coach was more evasive than that. Three possibles as I took it.

He didnt say who would come in at all ch7 is putting a spin on it. Id say holmes wont play but all 3 emgs (not cegs) are a genuine chance to be the one depending on weather. To be moc is the inferior player of the 3 but hes also the one thats played most recently so it might go in his favour.

Major Q&A:

Q: 15 on the trot, must be due. A: why, shows good form and when you analyse the wins did it tough a number of times.

Q: Too old, too slow A: Experience on all lines, older players managed well and ready to go

Q: Sydeney pressure will prevail A: Cats can handle pressure and eventually get on top, as well as bring their own. Fitness elite across the board.

Q: Buddy etc A: great player in decline, Cats can get on top of him or still win if not

Q: Rely on the old guard A: younger players have stood up especially in finals - see last two games best players

Q: What if Stewart, Hawk, Cameron .................... are injured? A: We have shown we can cover personnel deficiencies all through the year, both planned and on the fly

Etc

IMO the only way we lose is if something extraordinary happens, including stupid umpire calls [but realistically if that is the difference then we do not deserve to win it].

If we lose the Club has already addressed our (BF) major concerns this year and some (including the game plan) so whilst disappointed I will not be pissed off.

Correct. Just getting sick of repeating it. He’ll play if Max isn’t right.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Any change to that from your mail guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back