Preview 2022 AFL Grand Final, Geelong vs Sydney @ 2:30pm at the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Went to the Parade today with 2 grandsons, and could not believe how much red and white was around.
I'll repeat this, imo, very 50-50 game.
Only advantage I can see is their taxing game last Saturday.
The most positive you've been all year!

Went to the Parade today with 2 grandsons, and could not believe how much red and white was around.
I'll repeat this, imo, very 50-50 game.
Only advantage I can see is their taxing game last Saturday.
Genuinely interested why you think 42/47 experts across SEN/Age have picked Geelong and how they are at $1.45. You think all punters and speculators across the land are blinded by romanticism for the Cats? Or just badly misplaced analysis?

2009 was my favorite grand final...which was everyone else's?
11. I was copping so much from the ferals in the bay next door in that second quarter, it was amazing to be able to start to pay them back as we wore them down. only GF I made, tomorrow going again, wearing same cats beanie, same scarf

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A sense of doubt has come over me the past few hours.

Nothing compared to 09 and 11 and not even close to 07. Eerily similar to how I was feeling before 2020.
2020 I wasn’t nervous before the game
It’s being favorite that’s doing me

2020 at half time i felt sick
This isn't real, you're asleep, it is February 2014 and there is no footballer called Max Holmes.
Can it be Feb 2006 and there’s no such footballer as Max Rooke
It comes over you in waves.

This is how you know you are alive.

Some men die never having lived. You will not
I’ve been trying to stay away from tv and the forum but then I’ll see something on social media and I’ll feel sick.
I’m glad I like the draft and trade period so I can just go on there and talk crap

It comes over you in waves.

This is how you know you are alive.

Some men die never having lived. You will not
The nervous anticipation is all part of it. It's a bit simplistic to say "enjoy, embrace" because that's like telling a depressed person "be happy", but I would dread the day I no longer feel as invested in the result of a silly game of football. I'm fully prepared to be devastated or elated in triumph tomorrow, there will be no in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back