Game Day 2022 AFL Grand Final Geelong vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah same for me. Not usually a big fan of his, but he was sensational today. In fact, Robbie was my highlight of the whole day, given how rubbish the match was.

With the Killers in 2017, he would be the best pregame entertainment the AFL has had.

The keys to this are:
  • well known melodic songs
  • upbeat songs (no sad dreary wispy vocals)
  • someone with a bit of stage presence who can work the crowd and take the p*ss a bit.
Word

Yeah same for me. Not usually a big fan of his, but he was sensational today. In fact, Robbie was my highlight of the whole day, given how rubbish the match was.

With the Killers in 2017, he would be the best pregame entertainment the AFL has had.

The keys to this are:
  • well known melodic songs
  • upbeat songs (no sad dreary wispy vocals)
  • someone with a bit of stage presence who can work the crowd and take the p*ss a bit.

Lionel Richie probably rounds out the top 3 of pre match entertainment.

Is it petty of me to purely be barracking for Patrick Dangerfield not to become a premiership player?

Because that's literally the one thing I care about here

All these experiences as a Crows fan have changed me. I've become more cynical, more bitter, more jaded.

I think so. Danger put everything in while he was here - jealously only that he has gone to the Cats and had success

If any anger needs to be vented it’s at Noble for the easy deal

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think so. Danger put everything in while he was here - jealously only that he has gone to the Cats and had success

Could never fault his on-field commitment to us, was always giving 100% even when he knew he was going home.

I think the best thing about Geelong winning the flag is they didn't spend five years or longer rebuilding. To me one of the biggest problems with the comp is the constant rebuilding.

People ignore the win/loss ratio for about a third of the comp as it's all about development. Makes for a fairly boring comp in my view.

I'm convinced 119 will forever be safe after that, What an absolute smashing

Richmond could/should have beaten it in 2019 against GWS, but they took their foot off the pedal in the 3rd quarter.

I think you're right though that there's a good chance it will never be beaten.

Could never fault his on-field commitment to us, was always giving 100% even when he knew he was going home.

I used to take my kids to the family days at West lakes. Even from an early age he was out and about with the members , great with the young ones and nothing like his figjam media persona

Was so far our best player in his last game - lost final re Hawks.

One of the greats of our club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most annoying thing about Dangerfield was the circus around him staying / going. I would of preffered he just said he was leaving half way through the year rather than the whole charade but that's the industry. As a player he gave everything.

I'm happy for him.
Ironically he did- to -nil Walsh the night before he was killed

who knows how that would have played out publicly or within the club.
after that, how do you think it would have gone down to publicly say I’m leaving?

(and I’m no danger fan- despite my name- since he left)

It was only minuscule amount over the cap, hardly Carlton's level of those brown paper bags. They get lucrative 3rd party jobs for their partner......;)
I would love an AFL / ATO investigation on total income trends (over multiple years and esp after moving clubs) earned for AFL players, partners, parents, siblings and other close associates. If I am a Company patron with hundreds of million and involved with numerous companies - directly and indirectly and with many friends owing me favours - how hard is it too inflate partners or parents salaries in new roles with large % increases - that can’t be directly linked back. Some can be commission earned even to “prove” they deserve this new high level of income.

As a Stockbroker myself - and if you had sufficient means the (dodgy) willingness to do this - it would be VERY easy to run player portfolio acccounts to ensure they receive generous returns each year. Winning trades book to players accounts. Losing trades, move elsewhere or absorb yourself etc

Theres lots of ways I believe the system can be compromised. Unfortunately after Tippett we will always be under the pump and risk averse in this manner..

after that, how do you think it would have gone down to publicly say I’m leaving?

It wouldn't of gone down well but lying the whole season is not what the supporters want either. Like I said I don't blame him and plenty of others have done it. I just think it tarnished the end with us, I am sure he was uncomfortable with it.

Hopefully the industry matures.

Last edited:

Correct, under the circumstances can you blame him for keeping it quiet especially as that’s the culture in AFL.

does anyone think he really regrets moving back home? Not for a moment.

B&F in his last year, gave his all, attended the B&F. Left in the right way. Like a man.

The trade was a *ing disgrace.. we lost a player that was a key pillar in what would've been a serious run at multiple premierships.
Absolute disgrace..
We essentially swapped Danger for piss weak Milera.

Much better players than these two missed out on premierships.
Much better players have never even gotten to play in, and experience everything that comes with, a grand final..

Wobbie Grey is one straight off the top of my head..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back