Game Day 2022 AFL Grand Final Geelong vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Dear Port,

Jeremy Cameron, Isaac Smith, Tyson Stengle, Konig etc - THAT’S how you bring in “missing pieces” to get your team a flag *

* Helps if you have “outside assistance” to, shall we say, “supplement” players..
err..benefits..

Dear Port,

Jeremy Cameron, Isaac Smith, Tyson Stengle, Konig etc - THAT’S how you bring in “missing pieces” to get your team a flag *

* Helps if you have “outside assistance” to, shall we say, “supplement” players..
err..benefits..
and have family members paid well by Geelong supporters.:think:

At least Dawson would be feeling slightly better that he didn’t miss out on a flag just yet.

That was my main thought for the day - he ended up missing one of the most lopsided boring grand finals in the past 30 years. Lots of teams haven’t come back from those kinds of beltings for years

Sydney will be an interesting watch next year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That was my main thought for the day - he ended up missing one of the most lopsided boring grand finals in the past 30 years. Lots of teams haven’t come back from those kinds of beltings for years

Sydney will be an interesting watch next year

They have far too much talent to go too far away but they need McDonald to come on.

Really makes you wonder why we get such stick for 2017. We were winning half way through the second quarter and missed a couple easy chances.

Said the same thing today. Since our loss two of the top 5 all time VFL/AFL grand final margins have occurred. The GWS one went pretty well under the radar. Will be interesting to see the fall out from this one

One of the unheralded things Geelong did excellently to build for this flag was drafting in good mature age players that could have an impact on the fringe of the team.

They drafted Stewart, Kelly, Atkins and Close with later or junk picks who all filled important roles in their side. Kelly was so valuable his currency was used to land Jeremy Cameron. They also had Menegola in the squad and Darcy Fort (now at Brisbane)

Compare that to our track record. Rowe, Strachan, P. Wilson, Beech, Hunter, A. Wilson. Our strike rate of getting a best 22 mature age player is basically zero

One of the unheralded things Geelong did excellently to build for this flag was drafting in good mature age players that could have an impact on the fringe of the team.

They drafted Stewart, Kelly, Atkins and Close with later or junk picks who all filled important roles in their side. Kelly was so valuable his currency was used to land Jeremy Cameron. They also had Menegola in the squad and Darcy Fort (now at Brisbane)

Compare that to our track record. Rowe, Strachan, P. Wilson, Beech, Hunter, A. Wilson. Our strike rate of getting a best 22 mature age player is basically zero
I think Keath and Greenwood were good pick ups and would look a lot better had we not mismanaged every other part of the side. We also gave them up for nothing.

I think Keath and Greenwood were good pick ups and would look a lot better had we not mismanaged every other part of the side. We also gave them up for nothing.
It was a fire sale after the infamous CM, clubs knew we weren't going to keep these experience players end of 2019 (had to get rid of them).

Geelong don't give a s**t about picks and will trade them for quality in a heartbeat. Also don't give a damn for potential, deliver or you can leave a la Clark.

Seem to rate performance in the state leagues highly as well, unlike many.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Said the same thing today. Since our loss two of the top 5 all time VFL/AFL grand final margins have occurred. The GWS one went pretty well under the radar. Will be interesting to see the fall out from this one
GWS have not really recovered yet

Hoping Sydney disintegrate after this, maybe the final act of the Tippett curse

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The trade was a *ing disgrace.. we lost a player that was a key pillar in what would've been a serious run at multiple premierships.
Absolute disgrace..
We essentially swapped Danger for piss weak Milera.
One of the worst trades in afl history. Certainly the worst for us

I don't like it. Not happy for a Geelong win despite them deserving it. Sick of those old campaigners.

Gee they played well though. Sydney looked like north Melbourne today and that was because Geelong were that good (for the most part). Sydney had a bunch of players completely disappear on the day. Heeney, Blakey, Gulden, Mills, Papley all went AWOL (and more). Blakey had a shocking two weeks imo and I really rate him.

Shocking loss for the swans. Dismantled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back