Game Day 2022 AFL Grand Final Geelong vs Sydney

Captain Morgan

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah I know right. What were the driving forces for your disdain Morgs.?
Aside from the fact I cannot stand Sydney, just their complete failure to turn up on the day. I know we crows fans felt like we failed miserably in 2017 but Jeepers at least we were in the game until after half time.

Crow_Magnon

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2004
Regional VIC
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
No it's not. We were dominant through 2005 and 2006 also.
We were called the crowbots as we were so bloody hard to beat.
We'll get back up there again.
The way Geelong structured up reminded me of the Crowbots actually. Very even performance over the ground, with no standout stars I thought. They managed the senior players, esp Dangerfield and Selwood, very well throughout the season, so they weren't toast by GF day (as they were against Richmond in 2020), and the younger players all did their bit.

PCORF

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
The s**t we were copping around here during 2017 was way overblown. Richmond proved themselves to be the real deal. GWS, Dogs and Sydney were all worse in their GF appearances too.

I knew before the 2017GF that Richmond side was good. They were no joke.

Mr_Moogle

Brownlow Medallist
May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
I knew before the 2017GF that Richmond side was good. They were no joke.
I think a lot of Crows fan around here knew this. That was the reason we were all barracking so hard for GWS in the prelim.

Moonwatcher

Hall of Famer
Dec 14, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think a lot of Crows fan around here knew this. That was the reason we were all barracking so hard for GWS in the prelim.
Crows were between a rock and a hard place or between the GWS and Richmond fairytales. Our only chance was to play a non Vic side and it didn't pan out. Huge sliding doors moment for our club. Probably the biggest sliding doors moment in AFL history.

George Kramer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
I wasn’t paying too close attention to the GF, but I’m assuming Isaac Smith was playing wing? Can someone clarify please.

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
So is it just me that thinks that football players are pathetic when they turn up to mad Monday dressed as old people and somehow think it’s the funniest thing ever 🤨

happy_knackers

Club Legend
Sep 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
So is it just me that thinks that football players are pathetic when they turn up to mad Monday dressed as old people and somehow think it’s the funniest thing ever 🤨
Every year we are expected to fawn over what those wacky geelong lads do on mad monday.
FMD.

skam85

lick the stamp and send it
Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's good banter.
No need to a be miserable sour sob Kane Cornes about it.

I Lost My Keays

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 20, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Celtics , England FC
In an eighteen-club competition, where some have significant advantages, there is no guarantee of a premiership in any supporter's lifetime. Every premiership should be cherished as a once-in-a-lifetime event.

Sydney with the one of the most favoured team out them all. They get extended cap and players that was gifted to them such as Mills, Heeney, Blakey, Campbell and Gulden.

DJ75

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
At least they have (mostly) moved on from wearing dresses

DJ75

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Someone didn’t tell Danni Laidley
Awkward Episode 2 GIF by The Office