Player Watch 2022 AFL National Draft Discussion - read the pinned post

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn selecting with their first pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
National AFL draft Monday November 28(first round only).
All other selections to be held on Tuesday November 29.
The pre-season and rookie drafts will then take place at 3pm (AEST) on Wednesday November 30.

Last edited:
J. Lawrence(father son) did a couple of nice things early when I was watching in the young guns game. Kicked a goal and took a couple of marks.

Lawrence has at least 2. I have tuned out a couple of times, but he took a nice mark deep forward with some body use and kicked another.

has been involved a few times and has something to work with. Will look good in brown and gold.

CaptainWorpedo

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Jerome Lawrence in action marking the footy today. #YoungGunsVMetro #3goals

Screenshot_20220507-190659_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Here’s a Hawks connection…Ty Elliot was a Hawthorn supplementary player in the late 90’s, his brother Matt the Vic opener.

Will Elliott
11/06/2004 | 200cm | Ruck/Forward
Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro

Elliott is the son of former Australian cricketer, Matthew. He provides great versatility and upside at 200cm, able to play on each line but looking most comfortable as a ruck/forward. He’ll be among Oakleigh’s very promising tall fleet in 2022 and could improve rapidly as he continues to fill out.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Is that the son of Steve - 1991 premiership ruckman and sex therapist.
You missed and fellow South African like myself. In his playing days my grand father (also a mad Hawk) used to see him around Box Hill a fair bit and he always stopped to have chat the old guy. Stephen is a very smart and successful man.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
For those interested. The first podcast of road to the draft is available now.

Learnt something new. Harry the big cheezel is a manic hawks supporter!

Bring him home!

He's the first player I'm really into from this draft.

It's fraught with danger becoming attached to players, but it's also fun.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
You missed and fellow South African like myself. In his playing days my grand father (also a mad Hawk) used to see him around Box Hill a fair bit and he always stopped to have chat the old guy. Stephen is a very smart and successful man.

Would be a lekker choice

schmikhawk

Debutant
Apr 13, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool, Celtic
I think Sheezel is the big ticket.

There were a lot of reasons why we picked Ward don't get me wrong, but I think we steered clear of Rachele and Erasmus because Wards position was just a little bit higher on the priorities list and we thought we could get a couple more years out of Bruest and Chad.

But now that our engine room is packed with talent of all ages and has a bit of variety, now the priority is the finisher. Someone who will kick the bullshit goals once Punky and Chad bow out. Pure forward.
Pretty sure rachele was already taken

Full disclosure , have no real idea on the draftees so get my info from everyone here . Thanks btw 🙂

Was chatting to someone re Lawrence today . Reckons he has improved a lot in the last 12 months and on a decent upward curve .
Think he is a potential steal if we can nab him late f/s
He looked quite good in the young guns game last week.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Elijah Tsatas is my number 1

Currently looking like Ashcroft, Tsatas, Wardlaw, George Lemmey, Scully, Sheezle at the point end (from the admittedly limited research I've done so far). May have missed 1 or 2.

The way our season is currently tracking we look every chance of getting at least one (aside from Ashcroft).

I still believe a perfect outcome this season is an 8 win record and a finish around 13th/14th. Just enough wins to build confidence and a great spot to start on draft night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back