Player Watch 2022 AFL National Draft Discussion - looking ahead

Remove this Banner Ad

rei154

Club Legend
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We need to find a way to get both Harry Sheezel and Brayden George. All of a sudden our forward line looks and dangerously dynamic!
BG seems to be shaping up as a real challenger for the top 10 which is a bit of a shame.
Would be great if we could somehow nab him with a second rounder.

HappyHawk_1

Draftee
Oct 2, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not sure if this has been mentioned - but footy IQ and character is high up on the watchlist and apparently Sheezel has those qualities in spades.

Also FYI - apparently Sheezel & Ashcroft will be on AFL360 tonight- so will be interesting to see...

kenneje

Premiership Player
Apr 25, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
They showed two great photos, one of Harry Sheezel with Buddy as a young boy, and one with Sam Mitchell.

Robbo: 'Imagine if you end up at the Hawks, eh!'
Harry: (Massive grin on his face) 'Yeah, that would be awesome.'

Gerard mentioned that the photo with Sam would be a feature on draft night if we did draft him.

Will Ashcroft descriped Harry as a player similar to Rachele, just with a bigger frame. He has spent a lot of his playing time so far in the forward line, but is aiming to play more in the midfield this year.

Boys, l'm all in on the Sheezel train!

Hollow Knight

Imperfect vessel
May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Hearing Ashcroft doesn't wanna leave Melbourne.

Odd then that he would describe himself as a “Queenslander at heart” on 360 tonight, let alone spend multiple pre seasons here and weeks at a time playing for us in the VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The hands of stone

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Only highlights but from what I saw you would take either and be very happy

Ashcroft looks a ridiculous talent though , where would he likely go if he wasnt F/S ?

Blackhawk42

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Only highlights but from what I saw you would take either and be very happy

Ashcroft looks a ridiculous talent though , where would he likely go if he wasnt F/S ?

Number 1. Being hyped like Daicos was last season. Although he ultimately fell to 4 in the end.

danielG

Team Captain
Jun 27, 2009
richmond
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Would increase the likelihood of us getting Sheezal I'd say!
Surely would be a surprise if he wasn't available at our first pick...WC would have to be taking a local talent (Buslinger or Hewitt) or the best pure mid, North would have to take the best tall given their list, Crows just took Rachele so would be unlikely to take another forward, Bombers need talls and will get Davey. Giants are the smokey, think they'd take a mid-fwd hybrid given their list profile, but think they'll finish above us in any case. Sheezal is def an intriguing pick.. I'm on board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad