Player Watch 2022 AFL National Draft Discussion - read the pinned post

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn selecting with their first pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
National AFL draft Monday November 28(first round only).
All other selections to be held on Tuesday November 29.
The pre-season and rookie drafts will then take place at 3pm (AEST) on Wednesday November 30.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as we all would love Sheezal, there’s a bunch of talls that we’d be looking very hard at in the top 10.
Seems to be a nice mix of talls and mids this year just maybe someone we rate high will slip through if teams lean on needs. I can see someone like Tsatas slipping to 4-5 in the open draft

Hearing Ashcroft doesn't wanna leave Melbourne.

Problem is if goes into a open draft if he doesn’t and with WC and North holding the bottom to spots at the moment he could end up in WA I’d rather go to Brisbane probably or depends if North are bottom if that’s what he wants to do.

North supporters already saving up to purchase the $500 limited edition signed Ashcroft #1 Draft Pick jumper.
Becomes an invaluable collectors item when he doesn’t re-sign in 2 years time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do not use a top 10 pick on a tall. They take years (if at all, see McCartin, Schache) and you can pick up a better mid at that top end who has better odds of success.

Do not use a top 10 pick on a tall. They take years (if at all, see McCartin, Schache) and you can pick up a better mid at that top end who has better odds of success.

Imagine if we took a mid like Tambling over Franklin.

Now I agree that we should be looking at midfielders over talks KPP's in this draft, but your reasoning is not right.

There’s probably 3-4 talls that will be taken in the first 6 picks at this stage because that’s where they’re rated and the clubs down the bottom this year need talls.

We need to find a way to get both Harry Sheezel and Brayden George. All of a sudden our forward line looks and dangerously dynamic!

They can probably roll through the middle too, I don't think we'd be sacrificing too much midfield power by getting them into the rotations.

Both look bloody next level vs. their contemporaries in what's available online... damn!

This article lists the AIS Academy players for the match against Collingwood VFL tomorrow. It looks like a very strong squad with many boys of great interest.

Some mids can take years too. Some talls (particularly those taken in top 10) can come on as quickly as the mids also.

There’s probably 3-4 talls that will be taken in the first 6 picks at this stage because that’s where they’re rated and the clubs down the bottom this year need talls.

If that's the case we need to get our hands on another first rounder (I know we say it every year).

That could push someone like Wardlaw or Tsatsas to our pick. And with another first we could land a Sheezel or George, two players that offer something that we could really use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back