Player Watch 2022 AFL National Draft Discussion - read the pinned post

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn selecting with their first pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
National AFL draft Monday November 28(first round only).
All other selections to be held on Tuesday November 29.
The pre-season and rookie drafts will then take place at 3pm (AEST) on Wednesday November 30.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On what I saw today, he won his own ball, ran away from stoppages with pace, was able to run and receive the footy also and hit the scoreboard. It was a pretty complete midfield game. If we drafted him i'd be very happy on that performance.
Hewitt just showing the benefits of playing league footy. If he played under 18 Nab league he would run amok. Was stronger than everyone in todays match up. Pretty sure he has missed the last few weeks of footy aswell.

Last edited:

One of Hewitt, sheezel, tsatas, Wardlaw or Clark! We will definitely have a choice of two at the very least at the draft table .
İt is unfortunate that we don't have the colateral for another pick inside the Top 10! We need both inside and outside mids with scoring power and aerobic capacity to add to ward, McDonald, newcome and worpel to lead our midfield for the next 10 years!

Two of Hewitt, sheezel, tsatas, Wardlaw or Clark! We will definitely have a choice of two at the very least at the draft table .
İt is unfortunate that we don't have the colateral for another pick inside the Top 10! We need both inside and outside mids with scoring power and aerobic capacity to add to ward, McDonald, newcome and worpel to lead our midfield for the next 10 years!
Make it happen (0.0003% but we have to try something)

Really keen on Sheezel or Hewett. Both players fit a need for us. Given the recent results I think we will get one of them. If not, then Wardlaw would likely have slipped to us.
Would love either of them aswell. Think we are more likely to get Sheezel, as West Coast will take Hewitt. If Sheezel is gone, then Wardlaw, Clarke or Tsatas we get. Either way we are going to get a very good mid.

Why do you think we need an inside midfielder? (Newcombe, Mc Guinness,Nash,Long, Worpel and we have O’Meara,Mitchell,Ward and McDonald) who can also go inside!
We definitely need outside quick midfielders and in my opinion a goal kicking forward/midfielder.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Without trying to go too off topic. Our inside mids would be pretty much the worst in the league.

And the top of the draft is the best place to get inside mids. If you want players who can do it all. They generally go early.

Wardlaw or Ashcroft would be our best talent straight out.

Why do you think we need an inside midfielder? (Newcombe, Mc Guinness,Nash,Long, Worpel and we have O’Meara,Mitchell,Ward and McDonald) who can also go inside!
We definitely need outside quick midfielders and in my opinion a goal kicking forward/midfielder.

I think we need both, quality ones. A lot of the inside ones you listed bar Newcombe are either unproven, limited ceiling or over the hill.

We need both but no point having outside mids if you can’t win it at the coalface, we’ve been bottom two in the league for contested possessions and clearances for a few years now, ideally we land someone who can do abit of both

We need both but no point having outside mids if you can’t win it at the coalface, we’ve been bottom two in the league for contested possessions and clearances for a few years now, ideally we land someone who can do abit of both
Exactly. We need a ball winner. Someone who just smashes ground ball gets for breakfast! If we get more possession and higher contested numbers we play finals. That simple. Our side has done amazingly well considering the fact we rarely get it in our FWD line.

One advantage of our poor list situation is all the top prospects fit our needs. Best available will also fill a need.

Let’s not write off the talls as Mitchell has said we always go best available with the early picks.

Looking forward to the melts if we pick a tall with our first pick….

One advantage of our poor list situation is all the top prospects fit our needs. Best available will also fill a need.

Let’s not write off the talls as Mitchell has said we always go best available with the early picks.

Looking forward to the melts if we pick a tall with our first pick….

The way I see it, we have x amount of pieces yet to fill to 'complete' our puzzle. As long as we're acquiring those pieces.

There is something to be said about the order i.e. spine/talls first, similar to a puzzle and finding border pieces.

Pick 4 puts us in a good place.

Anyone of Wardlaw, Hewett, Sheezel, Clark or Tsatas immediately improves our midfield. Even the likes of Philippou (who I think would be a massive reach at this stage, but hard to deny his upside) would be an upgrade.

We all know North will * something up and we will hopefully make off like bandits.

Pick 4 puts us in a good place.

Anyone of Wardlaw, Hewett, Sheezel, Clark or Tsatas immediately improves our midfield. Even the likes of Philippou (who I think would be a massive reach at this stage, but hard to deny his upside) would be an upgrade.

We all know North will * something up and we will hopefully make off like bandits.
Agree. You'd think one tall lands in there too.

We'll get one of Sheezel, Phillipou, Wardlaw or Tsatas.

Likely Busslinger is mixed in somewhere.

Ashcroft bid.

You have a few different types there too, outside class who could move inside and develop, the ready made (would be one of the favourites for the rising star) with little weaknesses, seems similar to JHF, and imo the Bont of the draft from SA who can go forward aswell as his ability in the middle, and the forward who moved inside and has shown plenty and rising big time.

First was Tstas, 2nd was Wardlaw, 3rd Phillipou and 4th is Sheezel for those wondering.

Ashcroft bid.

You have a few different types there too, outside class who could move inside and develop, the ready made (would be one of the favourites for the rising star) with little weaknesses, seems similar to JHF, and imo the Bont of the draft from SA who can go forward aswell as his ability in the middle, and the forward who moved inside and has shown plenty and rising big time.

First was Tstas, 2nd was Wardlaw, 3rd Phillipou and 4th is Sheezel for those wondering.
Sheezel for me he looks like he is exactly what we need.

Ashcroft bid.

Why are you putting phillipou in that tier?

You said that about Goater last year.
Goater is still very talented, tho no idea where he's at and it's likely North have ****ed him.

Like they do everyone.

PS: I won't say it was a joke cause you don't like that and it "Triggers" you.

PS2nd: It was a sort of a running joke, names Goater, goat. Yknow. Plus i attached myself to him because of his athleticsm as a mid (we needed.)

PS3rd: Phillipou is a jet.

I'd be over the moon with a Sheezel/Tsatas creative mid/fwd type at our first pick and a big brute like a Daloia at our 2nd. Wardlaw just seems too good for North to pass on and I'm sure they wouldn't * this up but you never know.

I think our midfield will be best served with Duke playing as first receiver rather than wasting energy fighting for the pill.

Desperately need goals from midfield. We look completely lost when our route one kick it to Mitch strategy doesn't work as we saw on the weekend. Sheezel/Tsatas brings that class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back