Player Watch 2022 AFL National Draft Discussion - read the pinned post

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn selecting with their first pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
National AFL draft Monday November 28(first round only).
All other selections to be held on Tuesday November 29.
The pre-season and rookie drafts will then take place at 3pm (AEST) on Wednesday November 30.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wardlaw won't make it past West Coasts pick.
I read yesterday that he has had 4 hamstring injuries this year. He is a risk. His whole game is based on his explosiveness. We will see I suppose. Definitely think there is a chance.

He kicked 4. Yes one was a downfield and the other a chopping arms free he was a bit lucky to get. Did some absolute class things. Sounds like you are in the Brighton camp.

There isn't a lot of him very small. Very smart and super clean and quick. He is year 11 so has another year to hopefully grow a bit more. Goes into the middle for ball ups but didn't spend time as a mid.
I have no allegiance to either school so I feel like I have a non bias view of the game.

I really like Cadman as a KPF for us (not that I think we get the chance now) because he actually accumulates footy up the ground. He regularly gets 20+ disposals. For a KPF to get up and support in the scoring chains is super valuable and he obviously works hard enough to get back involved with multiple shots on goal. We need better than 8 disposals a game from our CHF

I really like Cadman as a KPF for us (not that I think we get the chance now) because he actually accumulates footy up the ground. He regularly gets 20+ disposals. For a KPF to get up and support in the scoring chains is super valuable and he obviously works hard enough to get back involved with multiple shots on goal. We need better than 8 disposals a game from our CHF
I still believe Cadman is a chance to be our selection. Yes, the elite performances he's putting together mean it's getting more and more enticing for clubs to select him, but clubs may have greater needs. Despite that, if he's to get through to our selection, it will be very tough for us to pass up the chance to select him. We need an elite partner for Lewis, and he would be exactly that. He's a hard worker up the ground who provides great leads and can take a contested mark. He's mainly kicked big bags, being held goalless only on one occasion this season. His only issue is accuracy.

I still believe Cadman is a chance to be our selection. Yes, the elite performances he's putting together mean it's getting more and more enticing for clubs to select him, but clubs may have greater needs. Despite that, if he's to get through to our selection, it will be very tough for us to pass up the chance to select him. We need an elite partner for Lewis, and he would be exactly that. He's a hard worker up the ground who provides great leads and can take a contested mark. He's mainly kicked big bags, being held goalless only on one occasion this season. His only issue is accuracy.
The biggest thing about Cadman I like is his competitiveness which can be lacking in big forwards. He has that in spades….we need competitive beasts with mongrel….we are lacking this big time

Sadly I think the scum will take him ....

I think GWS would be keen at pick 3. They have no genuine KPP except Sam Taylor.
Himmelberg and Hogan can play good games, but they need more.
Cadman would suit them well.

Essendon's pick will be interesting. They need someone like Busslinger, but Dodoro will like the excitement of Tsatas.

He actually sounds very similar to Lewis, given Lewis’ work rate has grown exponentially. Does he have enough of a pint of difference?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched a couple championship games and really like McKenzie, he Would be a real point of difference in our midfield.

Darcy Jones from WA is also someone I hope we target, smaller mid but pace and super elusive . It's Hard to compare anyone to shai Bolton atm jones definitely has similar traits.

Last edited:
Watched a couple championship games and really like McKenzie, he Would be a real point of difference in our midfield.

Darcy Jones from WA is also someone I hope we target, smaller mid but pace and super elusive . It's Hard to compare anyone to shai Bolton atm jones definitely has similar traits.
I also really like Jones at our second pick. Very zippy and has great skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back