Other Teams
Arsenal, Chicago Bulls
Last edited:

the Ziebull

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pick 2: best player available (Ashcroft, wardlaw, Tsatas, Lemmey, busslinger, keeler etc)
Priority pick 3: best KPP

Then cooper Harvey matched with our late picks

Mav

Premium Platinum
Mar 29, 2009
kangaplace
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Has passed Lemmey.

Wardlaw, Busslinger, Scully.

Should happy with any of these as of right now.

I'm huge on Keeler too but he's behind these 3 at this stage. He had his best game of the season today with 21 touches, 6 marks and 4.2. Big second half of the season and he could put his name up there.

I've said it before, Keeler is the most talented player in this draft and has the highest ceiling. All comes down to his application and whether it clicks for him and he work hard enough to fulfil his potential.
Keeler was brilliant yesterday. Glenelg had 14 players out, North 11, due to School footy starting. Keeler lifted himself and led from the front.

As mentioned early Rypstra can play.

the Ziebull

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Will Ashcroft 29 touches in the vfl today as a 17 year old

Still not confirmed he will nominate father son

the Ziebull

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Playing VFL for the Brisbane Lions. I’m tipping if he didn’t want to go there he wouldn’t be interested in playing with their VFL side.
I could see it still happening

With no nab league he gets more out of vfl than school footy, may as well utilise connections to his benefit

Agree it leans in their direction but still up in the air

Sphynx

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You aren't passing up on a guy the same size as Bontempelli, a 193cm 88kg midfielder that tackles and kicks goals if he keeps up that sort of production.

Especially one that has been described as having abnormally good footskills for a tall midfielder and capable of kicking goals from 55.....

He had 27 and kicked 3 against Eastern in Rnd 1 and kicked 4 goals in the first half on the weekend against a weakened, but all be it representative side.

He was a half forward in 20/21 that has moved into the midfield and has instantly transition into becoming a 30 disposal per game destroyer.

No matter how dire our KPP situation is, you can't not, not take a guy like this when sides like Fremantle have been waltzing the ball out at will.

If Jai Culley continues like that, you can't not pick him at his size.

With the Bergman injury and Tom Lynch, there's no reason why we might not be able to get Culley & Tyrece Lieu/El Nour

Last edited:

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You aren't passing up on a guy the same size as Bontempelli, a 193cm 88kg midfielder that tackles and kicks goals if he keeps up that sort of production.

Especially one that has been described as having abnormally good footskills for a tall midfielder and capable of kicking goals from 55.....

He had 27 and kicked 3 against Eastern in Rnd 1 and kicked 4 goals in the first half on the weekend against a weakened, but all be it representative side.

He was a half forward in 20/21 that has moved into the midfield and has instantly transition into becoming a 30 disposal per game destroyer.

No matter how dire our KPP situation is, you can't not, not take a guy like this when sides like Fremantle have been waltzing the ball out at will.

With the Bergman injury and Tom Lynch, there's no reason why we might not be able to get Culley & Tyrece Lieu/El Nour
Our list management is incompetent. They'll probably hold off bringing them in because they wore pink boots to training once... yes it was to celebrate mothers day.

Sphynx

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Our list management is incompetent. They'll probably hold off bringing them in because they wore pink boots to training once... yes it was to celebrate mothers day.

Culley is this years Newcombe, in fact, I'd argue the fact he's over 6"4 and his ability to kick goals and his footskills, makes him a better prospect than Newcombe.

If we draft Culley, he will play over 8 games this season barring injury.

I'd play him against Port if I could....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nicko74

Premiership Player
Nov 29, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Sorry but who are you referring to?

DesertRoo

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

If we truely are building from the midfield out, you take him.
we need to cycle thru as many players as possible to find players that are going to take that next step. Only pressure for positions builds this.
once you’ve got a dominate midfield group then you fill in the holes.

Last edited:

Sphynx

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sorry but who are you referring to?
Jai Culley.

19 year old, 193cm 88kg onballer for the Stingrays who kicked 4 in a half from midfield for the Young Guns (19-20 year olds) vs Vic Metro on the weekend.

He's been one of the best in the NAB League also.

He was a half forward during the lost 2 years of Covid, but has become a center square midfielder this season (The same size as Bont) and dominated. He had 27 and kicked 3 against Eastern in Rnd 1.

He's also an excellent 55m+ kick... 2 of his 4 first half goals on the weekend came from outside 55...

1652065523439.png

1652065541763.png

DesertRoo

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jai Culley.

19 year old, 193cm 88kg onballer for the Stingrays who kicked 4 in a half from midfield for the Young Guns (19-20 year olds) vs Vic Metro on the weekend.

He was a half forward during the lost 2 years of Covid, but has become a center square midfielder this season (The same size as Bont) and dominated. He had 27 and kicked 3 against Eastern in Rnd 1.

He's also an excellent 55m+ kick... 2 of his 4 first half goals on the weekend came from outside 55...

View attachment 1396154

View attachment 1396155
Culley, JHF, WPH and Powell is a pretty impressive under 20 midfield..

roos_fanatic08

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jai Culley.

View attachment 1396154

View attachment 1396155

He was crazy dominant in the all stars game, particularly in the first half. I reckon if WC have the first MSD pick they’d be taking him.

As much as I’d love a key position player, I wouldn’t be unhappy if we picked Culley. Outside of Ashcroft, Tsatas and Wardlaw he is the most dominant midfielder at NAB level.

Sphynx

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He was crazy dominant in the all stars game, particularly in the first half. I reckon if WC have the first MSD pick they’d be taking him.

As much as I’d love a key position player, I wouldn’t be unhappy if we picked Culley. Outside of Ashcroft, Tsatas and Wardlaw he is the most dominant midfielder at NAB level.

I think they will be pretty temped with a home grown KPP like Derksen personally.

I think both would be top 25 picks at the end of the year at this stage. I'd have Culley in the top 20.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad