Arsenal, Chicago Bulls
Last edited:

Harris 10

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Best available in the MSD, hopefully we have a second pick that we can take a player on needs to have a look at.

National Draft best available with first pick, I fully expect we’ll get 11 as a priority and hopefully we can get creative with it to fill some needs.

Trade for needs, unfortunately can’t see us being able to attract any free agents at this stage.

Souup

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Been carrying on about him a bit lately but just got done with Keeler's most recent game. Disappointed that we're basically no chance at ending up in the range where he likely gets taken - he's probably my favourite player in this draft along with Busslinger. There's not a player in this draft's games that I look forward and enjoy reviewing more than Keeler's.

Every man and his dog will be raving about him, the way he moves and his offensively skillset when gets some games at AFL level.

Regarding Jai Culley - I think it's probably about right that he's going to be too hard to pass up. At best he's best 22 for the next 10 year's but the problem with this is we'll probably have some disgruntled players who'll be looking for trades in the future due to not getting enough midfield time. No idea who these players will be, but it's almost a certainty with someone like Culley coming on. An optimistic view is that this is a good problem to have - competition for midfield spots and the cream rises to the top.

It's a decent chance even without Culley that we lose one of our young midfielders.

Last edited:

Souup

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Should add that more relevant to us is the fact that Tom Scully is without a doubt a huge chance at going #1 overall in this draft.

What he showed on the weekend was very important. He kicked a number of snaps on the run (one off his opposite, albeit close to goal), weaved through opposition defenders and showed an excellent ability to be clean below his knees under pressure.

These are some key traits that haven't really been on display to this point this year, with most of his game coming from contested marks, marks on the lead and obviously his ability to kick goals from set shots.

On the weekend, he definitely showed there's a lot more to his game then just the basic mark-kick-goal stuff and as a result, he's firmly entrenched in the top 3 of this draft at worst for me.

Last edited:

Shermanator

2+6+9+12+21+24+26+29+31+40 = The future
Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
Here’s some random crap I made up to make me feel better about our very crap season, our very crap draft hand and our very crap near future..

PP - 19
Sleevo and 19 to GWS for 4 & 40
Bull & 40 to Freo for 17
Xerri to SK for 30

2, 4, 17, 30, 56, 65

2 - Scully
4 - Busslinger
17 - Running defender
30 - Harvey
56 - Nippy small forward
65 - State league ruck

Larkey Scully Curtis
Thomas Chom JHF
Scott Cunnington Perez
LMac Busslinger Hall
Corr BMac Goater

CCJ Simpkin LDU

Taylor Edwards Phillips Powell

Yes this won't even be close to reality, but eh, having a laugh at my expense feels like Im walking into work every Monday morning as a Roo supporter so Im immune to it now..

shinboner magic

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
Jai Culley.

19 year old, 193cm 88kg onballer for the Stingrays who kicked 4 in a half from midfield for the Young Guns (19-20 year olds) vs Vic Metro on the weekend.

He's been one of the best in the NAB League also.

He was a half forward during the lost 2 years of Covid, but has become a center square midfielder this season (The same size as Bont) and dominated. He had 27 and kicked 3 against Eastern in Rnd 1.

He's also an excellent 55m+ kick... 2 of his 4 first half goals on the weekend came from outside 55...

View attachment 1396154

View attachment 1396155

Get him in and kangalotto him

Should add that more relevant to us is the fact that Tom Scully is without a doubt a huge chance at going #1 overall in this draft.

What he showed on the weekend was very important. He kicked a number of snaps on the run (one off his opposite, albeit close to goal), weaved through opposition defenders and showed an excellent ability to be clean below his knees under pressure.

These are some key traits that haven't really been on display to this point this year, with most of his game coming from contested marks, marks on the lead and obviously his ability to kick goals from set shots.

On the weekend, he definitely showed there's a lot more to his game then just the basic mark-kick-goal stuff and as a result, he's firmly entrenched in the top 3 of this draft at worst for me.

Perfect for us but Scotty Clayton loves his mids

nicko74

Premiership Player
Nov 29, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well I think it would be gross negligence if we don't create at least one spot on our list for the MSD

Mr Lloyd Christmas

All Australian
May 5, 2022
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Here’s some random crap I made up to make me feel better about our very crap season, our very crap draft hand and our very crap near future..

PP - 19 - Yes please.
Sleevo and 19 to GWS for 4 & 40 - I would but it would be rejected. Sleevo wouldn't get a game at many clubs as he's lazy/soft AF.
Bull & 40 to Freo for 17 I'm backing Bull in. So no.
Xerri to SK for 30 Xerri is a shocking AFL footballer imo. Ultimate momentum killer. I'd be fine if we just delisted him to open a list spot.

2, 4, 17, 30, 56, 65 - happy days if so, great work on your ideas!!

2 - Scully
4 - Busslinger
17 - Running defender - Another KPP for mine. We have enough flankers
30 - Harvey
56 - Nippy small forward
65 - State league ruck - Yes

Last edited:

roos_fanatic08

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Does he ever have much of a run in the ruck Souup. I’m really excited to see this kid play!

Additionally it seems as though Lemmy is struggling at reserves level. Only had 2 disposals on the weekend or did he get injured?

Souup

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Does he ever have much of a run in the ruck Souup. I’m really excited to see this kid play!
Nah never, not that I've seen anyway.

They've got Harry Barnett who's a very handy ruck, who very quietly probably put on the best performance of any draftable player on the weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the Ziebull

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Rule 1 never draft a bloke named Tom Scully especially with a high pick

Handsome.B.Wonderful

Premiership Player
Jan 13, 2006
Bigfooty
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Is it just me or does he let his guard down a little bit here because he knows the interviewer is a young kid with not many viewers?

Seems to be very happy about living in Melbourne with his family and confesses that he barracks for Geelong.

Last edited:

giantroo

Bleeding Blue and White
Sep 23, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Chicago Bulls
PMBangers rolling mock draft

zRound 8 rmd.PNG

Busslinger's start to the season has been undeniably good, in a similar sense to Broadbent I really don't think they're gaining anything playing WAFL Colts anymore, unless they move positions there's not much more they can do at that level given the quality of opposition in comparison to them. A big reason for Busslingers 'rise' within the mock draft for me has more to do with the tiers of talent becoming a bit clearer than anything though, right now I think Wardlaw and Ashcroft are a clear top 2, with the next 6 players the next group. This comes with the asterisk of I'm still holding stocks on Lemmey, had a shakey start to the season but hopefully with some consistency in just playing games he starts to show us what he's about again

krakouers

Certified with Bonz Tick of Approval
Sep 13, 2011
People's Independent Republic of Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Claremont
PMBangers rolling mock draft

View attachment 1397108

Busslinger's start to the season has been undeniably good, in a similar sense to Broadbent I really don't think they're gaining anything playing WAFL Colts anymore, unless they move positions there's not much more they can do at that level given the quality of opposition in comparison to them. A big reason for Busslingers 'rise' within the mock draft for me has more to do with the tiers of talent becoming a bit clearer than anything though, right now I think Wardlaw and Ashcroft are a clear top 2, with the next 6 players the next group. This comes with the asterisk of I'm still holding stocks on Lemmey, had a shakey start to the season but hopefully with some consistency in just playing games he starts to show us what he's about again
Oh god, don’t you fall for that giantroo

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad