Arsenal, Chicago Bulls
Last edited:

roos_fanatic08

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Good to see Clark rated that highly, deservingly so. Same goes for Cadman.

Personally I can’t justify having Sheezel or Jefferson that high, but I do understand their potential upside. Sheezel has won a few games off his own boot at NAB league so I’m really interested to see how he goes at the champs.

Adam D’Aloia, Lachie Cowan & Oliver Hollands are well and truly in the top 20 mix inside for mine.

I haven’t seen enough of Brayden George or Steely Green to make comment.

Last edited:

roos_fanatic08

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Doesn’t rate tall guys

Still a lot to play out with the talls. Lots of questions that haven’t been answered regarding how they’ll step up to better quality football.

Lemmy - form has been poor. Didn’t have much of an impact at senior level in the SANFL and was dropped to reserves where he hasn’t been in amazing form. Failed to have a real impact in the academy game.

Scully - SANFL under 18’s form has been incredible, but he is a 204cm player often playing against kids who are lucky to be 190cm. Showed some signs in the Academy game but his champs form will dictate where he goes in the draft.

Busslinger - WAFL colts form has been A Grade, but there aren’t many gun KP forwards in the colts. Like Scully his champs form will dictate where he lands.

Cadman - Big growth spurt, not a heap of games as a genuine KP. NAB form
Has been good.

Jefferson - Unreal athlete. NAB form has been consistent.

Keeler - Concerns about his work ethic and consistency. More suited to playing Key forward but has been playing a fair bit in the ruck in the SANFL under 18’s.

Mav

Premium Platinum
Mar 29, 2009
kangaplace
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Keeler - Concerns about his work ethic and consistency. More suited to playing Key forward but has been playing a fair bit in the ruck in the SANFL under 18’s.
Keeler is working super hard on his work ethic. Writing little notes on tape around his wrist and really pushing himself when he makes a mistake.

I want this kid, he’s taken a step up this year and could be absolutely anything. He will be a crowd puller, and as we improve he’ll be all over the media with us playing every second Friday night.

roos_fanatic08

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Keeler is working super hard on his work ethic. Writing little notes on tape around his wrist and really pushing himself when he makes a mistake.

I want this kid, he’s taken a step up this year and could be absolutely anything. He will be a crowd puller, and as we improve he’ll be all over the media with us playing every second Friday night.

His form on the weekend suggested he is busting his backside. 23 disposals playing in the forward line and ruck. You’d be hard pressed to find a better athlete.

Can’t wait to see how he goes at the champs. With some good form I could easily see him pushing the top ten.

Mav

Premium Platinum
Mar 29, 2009
kangaplace
AFL Club
North Melbourne
His form on the weekend suggested he is busting his backside. 23 disposals playing in the forward line and ruck. You’d be hard pressed to find a better athlete.

Can’t wait to see how he goes at the champs. With some good form I could easily see him pushing the top ten.
If he gets picked!

Souup

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Said it before and I'll say it for the rest of the season, he's the most talented player in this draft and has the highest ceiling.

It's a crime that he's rarely if ever mentioned as even a top 10 prospect in this draft.

Probably my favourite prospect in this draft alongside Busslinger and Munkara.

LB2Snake

Premium Platinum
Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Who does he play like kangatime ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

roos_fanatic08

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
And this is last year
I’ve seen people compare him to Paddy Ryder, but I don’t think he is anything like him. More buddy like with his ability to pick up a ground ball.

I think someone in this thread said it best when they compared him to Jarrad Waite.

giantroo

Bleeding Blue and White
Sep 23, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Chicago Bulls
I’ve seen people compare him to Paddy Ryder, but I don’t think he is anything like him. More buddy like with his ability to pick up a ground ball.

I think someone in this thread said it best when they compared him to Jarrad Waite.
Souup compared him with Adam Goodes earlier in this thread. Sphynx with Waite.

1. George Wardlaw 18/07/04 - Oakleigh Chargers - 181cm Balanced Mid
Brief description: Very athletic balanced mid with excellent ball use and composure. Moves through traffic with real energy and his vision is very impressive.

Plays like: Hard one. More athletic/explosive Andrew Brayshaw who's better inside?

2. Harry Lemmey 30/01/04 - West Adelaide - 199cm Key Forward
Brief description: In the mould of Joe Daniher. Excellent long shot on goal, very good hands and works hard when the ball hits the ground. Natural forward who times his leads well and has good leading patterns. Really looking forward to seeing what he does this year at SANFL Seniors level. Started the year nicely.

Plays like: Joe Daniher

3. Anthony Munkara 188cm (Small Forward - stylistically)
Brief Description: Explosive small forward with a ton of agility. Great composure under pressure. Applies excellent defensive pressure and knowns when to fly and when to skirt a pack for the crumb. He's 188cm tall so it seems a little silly to describe him as a 'small' forward, but stylistically he plays like the perfect small forward. Might confuse some but hopefully that makes sense.

Plays like: Taller Kosi Pickett

4. Isaac Keeler 23/04/04 - North Adelaide - 197cm Ruck/Forward
Brief Description: Running gait like Naitanui. Very good footskills on both sides and strong hands in the air. Needs to apply more defensive pressure and work on goal kicking. Personally I would play him as an Adam Goodes type role where you let him roam around the ground.

Plays like: Adam Goodes

5. Jedd Busslinger 11/03/04 - East Perth - 195cm - Key Defender
Brief Description: Reads the ball exceptionally well coming into defense. Strong hands, very composed with ball in hand and bloody good right foot kick.

Plays like: Jeremy McGovern

6. Elijah Tsatas 18/10/04 - Oakleigh Chargers - 184cm Balanced Mid
Brief Description: Great acceleration and vision. Solid footskills and isn't afraid to take risks. Needs to work on becoming more of a 2-way player as he is doesn't apply much defensive pressure.

Plays like: Another hard one. Maybe a right footed Josh Kelly.

7. Jackson Broadbent 02/12/04 - Peel Thunder - 202cm Ruck
Brief description: Excellent kick on the preferred and opposite is competent. Works hard from contest to contest. Great hands in tight.

Plays like: Sean Darcy

8. Will Ashcroft 06/05/04 - Sandringham Dragons - 183cm Midfielder
Brief Description: Ball magnet. Super fast hand to foot when needed. Works hard from contest to contest and gets 1-2's this way. Very good by hand but a little too handball happy. Struggles a little with getting separation in the contest due to no noticeable athletic point of difference. Footskills a little shaky.

Plays like: Lachie Neale?

9. Jhye Clark 23/07/04 - Geelong Falcons - 180cm Midfielder
Brief Description: Excellent mark overhead for his height. Makes good decisions by foot and hits targets at a good rate. Needs to find more of it around the great and improve his clearance work.

Plays like: Josh Dunkley at a similar age.

10. Sam Gilbey 14/05/04 - Claremont - 185cm Rebounding/3rd tall defender
Brief Description: Got that beautiful looking kick on the left that hits targets consistently. Very good intercept mark and composed ball use in defense. Does not look out of place in congestion. Needs to find more of the footy.

Plays like: Bailey Dale/Hayden Young?
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Should note that I'm almost definitely placing Munkara higher than anyone will throughout the whole season but it's for a very deliberate reason. I've got him so high because he's a bloody good 'small' forward, and there are very few standout 'small' forwards in any draft class from year to year. I should mention that 'small' forward is a stretch as he is actually quite tall, but I want to classify him this way because he plays like a small forward and has all the traits of one. He plays the position to perfection and is the standout small forward in this draft class. I'd be doing whatever we can to get a pick high enough to grab him.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tier 1:
George Wardlaw

Tier 2:
Harry Lemmey
Anthony Munkara
Isaac Keeler
Jedd Busslinger

Tier 3:
Elijah Tsatas
Jackson Broadbent
Will Ashcroft
Jhye Clark
Sam Gilbey

Jarrad Waite imo.

Looked like he was going at half rat power for most of his career, barely seen the inside of the gym, jogging around, yet every few games when he looked like he could be arsed he would kick a bag or win a game off his own boot.

King Corey

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
3. Anthony Munkara 188cm (Small Forward - stylistically)
Brief Description: Explosive small forward with a ton of agility. Great composure under pressure. Applies excellent defensive pressure and knowns when to fly and when to skirt a pack for the crumb. He's 188cm tall so it seems a little silly to describe him as a 'small' forward, but stylistically he plays like the perfect small forward. Might confuse some but hopefully that makes sense.

Plays like: Taller Kosi Pickett

o_O

Where do I sign?

Souup

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Due to how this draft is shaping up with midfielders generally rising to the top of boards (Wardlaw, Ashcroft, Tsatas, Szybkowski, Jhye Clark, Hewett and Sheezel who's more a forward but is rated highly across the board)

I feel we should genuinely look to trading our first rounder this year for two top 12 picks if possible. This is extremely simplistic but the crux of it being:

Our first rounder
for
Two top ~12 picks

There would almost definitely be some other picks or players thrown around to make it just right for clubs involved, but depending on our perspective of how other clubs rate particular players, I would without a doubt be exploring this option very seriously. There will be clubs who are desperately into midfielders like Wardlaw, Ashcroft (if he doesn't nominate, although I think he will), Tsatas and Hewett, and with midfielders not being a desperate need of ours, we can afford to trade back and try make the most of our position.

The whole point of this would be with an aim at nabbing two of Busslinger, Munkara, Lemmey, Scully, Keeler and Cowan who fit needs and are very good prospects.

Last edited:

Sphynx

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Due to how this draft is shaping up with midfielders generally rising to the top of boards (Wardlaw, Ashcroft, Tsatas, Szybkowski, Jhye Clark, Hewett and Sheezel who's more a forward but is rated highly across the board)

I feel we should genuinely look to trading our first rounder this year for two top 12 picks if possible. Something like:

Our first rounder
for
Two top ten picks

The above is a bit simplistic, and there would almost definitely be some other picks or players thrown around to make it just right for clubs involved, but depending how our gauge of how other clubs rate particular players, I would without a doubt be exploring this option very seriously.

I'd then be aiming to nab two of Busslinger, Munkara, Lemmey, Scully, Keeler and Cowan who fit needs and are very good prospects.

100% agree.

The best play this season is getting Munkara plus Keeler/Lemmey/Scully/Busslinger

A mid first round PP would be a bit of a game changer if it happened, you could possibly get 3 of them.

roos_fanatic08

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I feel we should genuinely look to trading our first rounder this year for two top 12 picks if possible. This is extremely simplistic but the crux of it being:

Our first rounder
for
Two top ~12 picks

There would almost definitely be some other picks or players thrown around to make it just right for clubs involved, but depending how our gauge of how other clubs rate particular players, I would without a doubt be exploring this option very seriously. There will be clubs who are desperately into midfielders like Wardlaw, Ashcroft (if he doesn't nominate, although I think he will) and Tsatas, and with midfielders not being a desperate need of ours, we can afford to trade back and try make the most of our position.

The whole point of this would be with an aim at nabbing two of Busslinger, Munkara, Lemmey, Scully, Keeler and Cowan who fit needs and are very good prospects.

Only problem is (at this stage) is that no club has multiple top 15 picks. Could look to trade futures though. If we could split pick 1/2 for a top 5 pick and a future first + change (like the offers we got last year), then we could potentially end up with 4 picks inside the 30 (assuming we get a priority pick at the end of the first round).

As you said we could then look to go with a couple of talls and either a small forward (Munkara) or half back (Cowan, Hagan ect).

In saying that though, it would have to be the right combination of players. A midfield of Wardlaw, JHF, LDU, Phillips and Powell is bloody appealing.

Last edited:

shinboner magic

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
Only problem is (at this stage) is that no club has multiple top 15 picks. Could look to trade futures though. If we could split pick 1/2 for a top 5 pick and a future first + change (like the offers we got last year), then we could potentially end up with 4 picks inside the 30 (assuming we get a priority pick at the end of the first round).

As you said we could then look to go with a couple of talls and either a small forward (Munkara) or half back (Cowan, Hagan ect)
Or a club gets a first round compo pick for losing a FA or a trade - giants the usual suspect

Souup

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

As you said we could then look to go with a couple of talls and either a small forward (Munkara) or half back (Cowan, Hagan ect)
Yeah I thought this would come up. I was going to specify that while no club currently has two top 12 picks, if a club was particularly high on a Wardlaw, Tsatas etc. they would move to make it happen.

Essendon, Hawthorn, Collingwood and Richmond are 4 clubs who would kill for top-end midfield talent like Wardlaw. I could see them seriously considering packaging something like this year's second rounder (if they have one, Collingwood don't but could find a way) + future first for another pick inside the top ~12. Again, it might not be that simple and there would likely be more pieces move but it's something we need to explore very seriously and see if clubs are willing to do this.

In affect they'd be losing: 2nd rounder (pick ~20-25), future first (pick ~10 depending how well their club does in the future), present day first (pick ~5-10)
To gain: Pick 1 or 2 and gain an elite midfielder in Wardlaw.

Last edited:

roos_fanatic08

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah I thought this would come up. I was going to specify that while no club currently has two top 12 picks, if a club was particularly high on a Wardlaw, Tsatas etc. they would move to make it happen.

Essendon, Hawthorn, Collingwood and Richmond are 4 clubs who would kill for top-end midfield talent like Wardlaw. I could see them seriously considering packaging something like this year's second rounder (if they have one, Collingwood don't but could find a way) + future first for another pick inside the top ~12. Again, it might not be that simple and there would likely be more pieces move but it's something we need to explore very seriously and see if clubs are willing to do this.

In affect they'd be losing: 2nd rounder (pick ~20-25), future first (pick ~10 depending how well their club does in the future), present day first (pick ~5-10)
To gain: Pick 1 or 2 and gain an elite midfielder in Wardlaw.

Hope the offers come thick and fast. We desperately need as many high end picks as possible to fast track this rebuild. The one to two picks inside the top 30 will keep us middle of the road.

I said it last year aswell (because I really rated last years draft crop) but we really need to get aggressive this year. These kids will be a bit less covid impacted compared to the previous two drafts, and I think this draft is deep until about pick 40.

roos_fanatic08

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone else having issues with the NAB league App? Trying to access the stats from the 3 games on the weekend and it keeps coming up with an Error 500 code. Annoying as.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad