Other Teams
Arsenal, Chicago Bulls
Last edited:

the Ziebull

Hall of Famer
Nov 14, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I appreciate that Ashcroft seems ungettable due to the Lions situation… but if Wardlaw and Ashcroft were equally available, I’m running to the podium to pick Ashcroft.
Still hasn’t nominated father son so seems still gettable

If he wants to stay in Melbourne and we tell him we’d pick him that would get it done

Mav

Premium Platinum
Mar 29, 2009
kangaplace
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Still hasn’t nominated father son so seems still gettable

If he wants to stay in Melbourne and we tell him we’d pick him that would get it done
ha ha ha, not at the moment. Sure-fire way of sending him to Qld.

or are you saying it would get him to nominate for father son?

Rooboys Rool

Club Legend
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Seems Phillipou is highly rated. How do guys on here think he would suit our midfield mix?

Have to see what other trades happen, but if, for example, Richmond’s pick 10 ended at GWS, I’d consider trading pick 1 for picks 4 & 10. Go with something like:

4 - Phillipou
10 - Busslinger
19 (PP) - Keeler

Also trade our later / future late picks to get ahead of the Harvey bid and take another KPD. Then obviously Harvey.

Would be happy with a draft haul like that.

roos_fanatic08

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My Top 50 as it stands. I’m tipping a lot of this will change by the time the champs roll around. This also doesn’t include players who I think will go in the MSD (D’Ambrosio, Culley, Derksen ect), all of which would probably feature in my top 50.

1. George Wardlaw
2. Will Ashcroft
3. Tom Scully
4. Jhye Clark
5. Jed Busslinger
6. Mattaes Phillipou
7. Elijah Hewett
8. Elijah Tsatas
9. Oliver Hollands
10. Harry Lemmy
11. Isaac Keeler
12. Anthony Munkara
13. Adam D’Aloia
14. Aaron Cadman
15. Mitch Szybkowski
16. Jed Hagan
17. Lachlan Cowan
18. Harry Sheezel
19. Jackson Broadbent
20. Brayden George
21. Kane Bevan
22. Luke Teal
23. Sam Gilbey
24. Jaspa Fletcher
25. Matt Jefferson
26. Oliver Northam
27. Jakob Ryan
28. Jonti Schuback
29. Henry Barnett
30. Henry Hustwaite
31. Bailey Humphrey
32. Jason Gilbee
33. Lewis Hayes
34. Will Dowling
35. James Van Es
36. Lloyd Johnstone
37. Hugh Bond
38. Rye Penny
39. Cam McKenzie
40. Cooper Harvey
41. Taj Campbell-Farrell
42. Alwyn Davey Jnr
43. Seth Campbell
44. Charlie Clark
45. Jackson Binns
46. Nick Sadler
47. Ted Closhey
48. Blake Drury
49. Jovan Petric
50. Noah Bradshaw

Some significant changes in my top 50. Particularly with Lemmy dropping down the order and Sheezel flying up the order. I had concerns about Sheezel being a genuine mid at AFL level, but he has well and truly proven me wrong with his last 6 weeks of football, there is a huge amount of upside there. Broadbent falls down the pecking order a bit while Harry Barnett rises. Both Lewis Hayes and James Van Es have impressed me which reflects in there updated standings. Adam D'Aloia and Blake Drury improve their standings every time I watch them play.

1. Will Ashcroft
2. George Wardlaw
3. Matteas Phillipou
4. Harry Sheezel
5. Jhye Clark
6. Jedd Busslinger
7. Elijah Tsatas
8. Isaac Keeler
9. Elijah Hewett
10. Aaron Cadman
11. Adam D'Aloia
12. Oliver Hollands
13. Harry Barnett
14. Tom Scully
15. Lachlan Cowan
16. Mitch Szybkowski
17. Anthony Munkara
18. Harry Lemmy
19. Henry Hustwaite
20. Lewis Hayes
21. Cam Mckenzie
22. Jed Hagan
23. Jakob Ryan
24. Bailey Humphrey
25. Jonti Schuback
26. Will Dowling
27. Brayden George
28. Matt Jefferson
29. James Van Es
30. Blake Drury
31. Kobe Ryan
32. Kane Bevan
33. Sam Gilbey
34. Luke Teal
35. Jackson Broadbent
36. Oliver Northam
37. Nick Sadler
38. Lloyd Johnstone
39. Jason Gilbee
40. Alwyn Davey Jnr
41. Cooper Harvey
42. Charlie Clark
43. Seth Campbell
44. Taj Campbell-Farrell
45. Jaspa Fletcher
46. Max Michalanney
47. Jacob Konstanty
48. Rye Penny
49. Nick Madden
50. Angus Anderson

On the Fringe (in no particular order): Hugh Bond, Tom McCallum, Jaxson Binns, Jovan Petric, Ted Clohesy, Noah Bradshaw, Kelsey Rypstra, Callum Verell, Mutaz El Nour, Paul Pascu, Finn Emile-Brennan, Steely Green, Jed Rule, Harry Rowston, Casey Voss, Brodie Tuck, Luke Lawrence, Euriah Hollard, Beau Tedcastle, Ryan Eyers, Blake Hansen, Noah Long, Max Clohesy, & Jaiden Magor.

the Ziebull

Hall of Famer
Nov 14, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
ha ha ha, not at the moment. Sure-fire way of sending him to Qld.

or are you saying it would get him to nominate for father son?
As in if Ashcroft wants to stay in Melbourne he will only not nominate father son as long as we guarantee we pick him otherwise he may end up in WA

roos_fanatic08

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We get an end of first round PP (Pick 19)

Future 2nd & Future 3rd to GC for 26, 30 & 44 (They don't need the picks due to list spot squeeze)

Leaves us with 1, 19, 26, 30, 44, 55 & 64.

Then trade 26,44,55 to Brisbane for Pick 16 which they'll lose when they big on Ashcroft.

Gives them an additional 235ish points for both Ashcroft & Jasper Fletcher and we promise not to bid on Ashcroft which saves them another 460 odd points (the difference between pick 1 & 2)

We go to the draft with Pick 1,16,19,30,55 & 64

Pick 1,16,19,30. 55 & 64 eaten up with Cooper Harvey Bid

Pick 1: George Wardlaw
Pick 16: Lemmey/Keeler/Cadman/Scully (one of them will surely be available)
Pick 19: Munkara/Cowan/Hustwaite
Pick 30: Hayes/Van Es/Schuback/Johnstone
Pick 55: Cooper Harvey

Get best mid, best available KP, then either a KP/small forward or half back distributor, then another KP & a half forward/wing mid in Cooper Harvey.

King Corey

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone

Future 2nd & Future 3rd to GC for 26, 30 & 44 (They don't need the picks due to list spot squeeze)

Then trade 26,44,55 to Brisbane for Pick 16 which they'll lose when they big on Ashcroft.

Gives them an additional 235ish points for both Ashcroft & Jasper Fletcher and we promise not to bid on Ashcroft which saves them another 460 odd points (the difference between pick 1 & 2)

Get best mid, best available KP, then either a KP/small forward or half back distributor, then another KP & a half forward/wing mid in Cooper Harvey.

When can you start?

hellas_johnny

Club Legend
May 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas

trading future 2nd and 3rd puts us in the exact same position the next year with only our first and 4th. not a chance

roos_fanatic08

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
trading future 2nd and 3rd puts us in the exact same position the next year with only our first and 4th. not a chance

Honestly, it’s what needs to be done. We simply cannot go into a draft with one pick (potentially two with a PP) inside the top 50 when we are only 2 years into a rebuild.

Melbourne and Richmond have done an excellent job leveraging their future picks in current drafts, they have continually traded into the current draft using future picks. It’s how they managed to nab Luke Jackson & Kozzie Pickett in the one draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shermanator

2+6+9+12+21+24+26+29+31+40 = The future
Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
I know we aren’t the Gold Coast but I also know we need to make some noise about our disastrous situation and that the AFL are obligated to help us.

From about round 20 onwards the hard facts listed below need to be tweeted, re-tweeted, re-tweeted again, re-tweeted again, over and over and over to pressure the AFL into compensating us adequately. We need it to grow legs..

If we continuously highlight the disgustingly lopsidedness of their handouts for the expansion teams over their traditional sides, then we might end up with something half decent.

When sticking up for your beloved NMFC during the weekly pile on from friends, family, work colleagues, etc make sure you make some noise about the mind blowing handouts below, make sure we really ramp up the noise heading into the finals series too.

We need the media (yeah crazy right) and even more-so opposition supporters of traditional clubs to get behind us because one day their club will be in our situation and they could use our compensation in 2022 as leverage for their own assistance.

For your viewing pleasure..

GC 2016 to 2018 = 11 wins
NM 2019 to *2022 = 7 wins

Gold Coast Suns 2018 assistance package includes priority picks at the AFL draft for the next three years starting with gifting them;

2019 ND - Pick 2
2019 ND - Pick 11

Additionally, the Suns will receive expanded academy player access for three years, including the provision of the Darwin region as an academy zone, the ability to pre-sign academy players without bidding and an increased rookie list up to 10 players.

shinboner magic

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
I know we aren’t the Gold Coast but I also know we need to make some noise about our disastrous situation and that the AFL are obligated to help us.

From about round 20 onwards the hard facts listed below need to be tweeted, re-tweeted, re-tweeted again, re-tweeted again, over and over and over to pressure the AFL into compensating us adequately. We need it to grow legs..

If we continuously highlight the disgustingly lopsidedness of their handouts for the expansion teams over their traditional sides, then we might end up with something half decent.

When sticking up for your beloved NMFC during the weekly pile on from friends, family, work colleagues, etc make sure you make some noise about the mind blowing handouts below, make sure we really ramp up the noise heading into the finals series too.

We need the media (yeah crazy right) and even more-so opposition supporters of traditional clubs to get behind us because one day their club will be in our situation and they could use our compensation in 2022 as leverage for their own assistance.

For your viewing pleasure..

GC 2016 to 2018 = 11 wins
NM 2019 to *2022 = 7 wins

Gold Coast Suns 2018 assistance package includes priority picks at the AFL draft for the next three years starting with gifting them;

2019 ND - Pick 2
2019 ND - Pick 11

Additionally, the Suns will receive expanded academy player access for three years, including the provision of the Darwin region as an academy zone, the ability to pre-sign academy players without bidding and an increased rookie list up to 10 players.
Isn’t one of the Tassie nga kids next year suppose to be a gun

I’d be happy with a top 10 pp and a second pp at pick 20 - access to top two state league players.
Would say free access to our nga players but there’s usually none worth taking

Shermanator

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
I expect that we will get a late round 1 would be astonished if we receive anything better.
We need to publicly guilt trip the corruptAFL to actually giving us something half decent otherwise they get away with being the charlatans they are..

Shermanator

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The issue is we need the media on board with this - the only one on our side is kingy and he’s against the idea of getting help
That’s the problem mate, we’ve all given up before we’ve started… it’s too hard, the AFL hate us anyway..

No, what the AFL hate is bad media, if we get some traction on the socials to prove how lopsided the assistance is toward GC & GWS then they have no choice but to be publicly pressured into giving us something half decent.

We just need it to gently grow legs and then come finals time ramp it up to being a major talking point in amongst the Dangerflag wristo-fest..

Only Forwards

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 14, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I completely agree Shermanator. The stats and comparisons speak for themself unless we magically win a few more games.

I do not see what could possibly change to arrest the malaise we are currently in.

Last year at least for parts of games we were competitive and we built on that to actually have some wins.

This year we are a mess from start to finish every week. We are stagnant with ball in hand and apathetic with out it.

We are staring right now at a collective 8 wins in 3 seasons.

The first back to spoons since Melbourne in 09, when you discount the plastic fantastics that played a bunch of 18 year olds for a few years.

There is a pretty big dose of victim mentality around here, however if there is not meaningful assistance coming from the AFL now there never will be.

gokangas

Premium Platinum
Jan 16, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Storm - Victory
Just to clarify - what is our second pick this year (approx). We will get one or two the way we are shaping - what's next?

Phillyroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles Baby
Just to clarify - what is our second pick this year (approx). We will get one or two the way we are shaping - what's next?
Haha, is this a serious question??
It’s in the top of each page in this thread…

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
122AB2D1-ADB4-4C73-8DF3-779C9887103A.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad