Prediction 2022 AFL Predictions

Where will Hawthorn finish in 2022?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Who rises:
Hawks under Sam Mitchell revitalise their game plan and jump back into the 8, slicing teams off the half back with their run and skill

Who falls:
Geelong maintain a winning record due to games at GMHBA, but fall on the back of some comprehensive losses away from home and bow out first round - prompting tough calls on the future of Chris Scott and his men

Full ladder:
1. Lions
2. Dees
3. Giants
4. Bulldogs
5. Tigers
6. Hawks
7. Power
8. Cats
9. Swans
10. Bombers
11. Saints
12. Blues
13. Dockers
14. Eagles
15. Kangaroos
16. Crows
17. Magpies
18. Suns

Brownlow:
Sam Walsh becomes one of the youngest Brownlow medal winners in a bright spot of a dim year for Carlton

Coleman:
A resurgent Lance Franklin regains his Coleman medal and breaks the AA record with a return to his best form

Premier:
Brisbane Lions time their push to perfection, with Hugh McCluggage taking out the Norm Smith against an injury impacted Melbourne
I'm gonna stick to mine save for shifting Gold Coast up a considerable amount and dropping others, definitely optimistic on the Hawthorn front but I feel I've worked well around them. I can see Port, Geelong, Sydney all dropping due to key players regressing.

Full ladder:
1. Lions
2. Dees
3. Giants
4. Bulldogs
5. Tigers
6. Hawks
7. Power
8. Cats
9. Swans
10. Bombers
11. Saints
12. Blues
13. Dockers
14. Suns
15. Eagles
16. Kangaroos
17. Crows
18. Magpies

Ladder:
1. Melbourne
2. Western Bulldogs
3. Brisbane
4. GWS
5. Carlton
6. Sydney
7. Essendon
8. St Kilda
9. Fremantle
10. Richmond
11. Geelong
12. Port Adelaide
13. Collingwood
14. Gold Coast
15. Hawthorn
16. Adelaide
17. North Melbourne
18. West Coast

Premier:
Brisbane

Brownlow:
Jack Macrae

I've picked a few big sliders, namely Geelong, Port and West Coast - and maybe Richmond too. I think last year was a false dawn for Port and that their style doesn't stack up, as evidenced by the prelim loss to the Dogs. Cats, admittedly, could potentially play finals but I can't see them challenging top 4 with their list profile, especially with other teams that will rise up. West Coast kind of speaks for themselves, if they have only a few more injuries then they're toast.

Big riser for me will be Carlton. I think getting in Hewett and Cerra to help out Walsh and Cripps in the midfield is massively underrated. If McKay has another Coleman season with a few other contributers then they should win enough games to rise up the ladder.

Season 2022 predictions

Ladder
:
Post your full ladder.
Who rises? I think Carlton
Who falls? Hopefully Geelong
Brownlow: Bont
Premier: Doggies

Random predictions:
(1) Tassie will get an AFL side which will start in season 2025.
(2) An AFL player will openly 'come out'
(3) A present AFL coach/assistant coach will reveal the extent of his gambling addiction that they have now or had in the past.

Still struggling with 25% of people thinking we will finish 5 - 8.

Are you folks serious or got the brown and gold shades on?

547307_1613464773493.jpg
You could always post your own predictions?

Still struggling with 25% of people thinking we will finish 5 - 8.

Are you folks serious or got the brown and gold shades on?

547307_1613464773493.jpg

crazy things can occur in such an even comp

key injuries to top 8 teams can suddenly have them dropping down the ladder. Tigers last year for example

most coaches would go into R1 expecting to win and i assume Sam will be no different – helps we're playing North too. from there anything can happen

I'm gonna stick to mine save for shifting Gold Coast up a considerable amount and dropping others, definitely optimistic on the Hawthorn front but I feel I've worked well around them. I can see Port, Geelong, Sydney all dropping due to key players regressing.

Full ladder:
1. Lions
2. Dees
3. Giants
4. Bulldogs
5. Tigers
6. Hawks
7. Power
8. Cats
9. Swans
10. Bombers
11. Saints
12. Blues
13. Dockers
14. Suns
15. Eagles
16. Kangaroos
17. Crows
18. Magpies

WOW

This ladder is a weighted average of all 10 models from Squiggle, AFL lab, Live Ladders, Wheelo, AFLalytics, Zaphbot, GR, The Footycast, PlusSixOne, Elo Predicts.

View attachment 1340439
Following the aggregate ladder of all 10 algorithms.

The breakdown of where each has Hawthorn.

The Squiggle has us the lowest, and this may or may not be on the fact that the Squiggle doesn't consider Gunston or Sicily to be additions worthy of impacting our fortunes, due to the amount of games they've missed.

preseason ladder 2022 hawks.jpeg

Yeah we dont really have the cattle to come much higher. At least we have a young list now

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Yep. No quality talls in this side and when teams get a jump on us we’ll struggle to get back into the game. Incredibly tough first job for Sam it’s a horrid list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Brisbane
2. Melbourne
3. Doggies
4. GWS
5. Richmond
6. Sydney
7. Port
8. Carlton
9. Freo
10. Essendon
11. Gold Coast
12. Geelong
13. St Kilda
14. Hawthorn
15. West Coast
16. Collingwood
17. North Melbourne
18. Adelaide

Premier: brisbane
Coleman: McKay

Rising Star:
Daicos
Ward
Hollands
Newc
Macdonald

s**t headline we see about us: trade period disaster, stars under perform after club tries to shift them off

Good headline we see: Hawthorns young brigade have the making of a future dynasty

4 Small things I want:
1. Day/finn to get through 75% of the season. I think Day needs to stay on the park as much as possible and I think Finn will play to the grade, just needs the chance
2. Ward plays every game bar one or two
3. Butler and SMitch to play a few games each as I think both could be long term options for us.
4. Brocky to find more fight.

5 Big things I want:
1. Us to have another big off season of moving people out/on, at least two additional picks inside the top 25 again
2. One of Mitchell, Worpel, JOM to be moved out. Seems unlikely that we can make them function as a unit and seems less likely that all three will be there for our next cup push
3. Upping our media engagement and transparency. The more we put ourselves out there, the more we as a club will benefit
4. Hawks to have a record year of rising star nods.
Ward, Newc, Butler, Mitchell, Long, Downie, Finn, DGB, Saunders, Callow, Jeka, Morris, Serong, O'Hara all eligible. I expect two (Ward and newc) but I think we have six who can push for it if given a consistent run.
5. A new rivalry. Right now, I don't feel the same vehemence or importance about playing any side as I did against Essendon in the 2000s, or geelong in the 2010s. I get the feeling that us v North/Collingwood has potential on this front, but it needs to start with an impact game.

It's going to be a fun year! Can't wait to argue about players and semantics and tone this season- a lot of good heading our way!

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who Rises - Carlton

Who Falls - Geelong

Premier - Bulldogs

Brownlow - Lachlan Neale

Coleman - Max King

Rising star - Josh Rachele

1 Melbourne

2 Bulldogs

3 Brisbane

4 Port

5 GWS

6 Richmond

7 Carlton

8 Essendon

9 Sydney

10 Geelong

11 Fremantle

12 Saints

13 Gold Coast

14 Adelaide

15 Collingwood

16 North

17 West Coast

18 Hawks

Who Rises - Richmond
Who Falls - West Coast
Premier - Demons
Brownlow - Petracca / Bontempelli Tied
Coleman - Harry Mckay
Rising star - Diacos

Demons
Swans
Dogs
Lions
Giants
Tigers
Power
Blues
Cats
Dons
Dockers
Saints
Pies
Suns
Eagles
Crows
Kangaroos
Hawks

Difference between what we want and what the reality is. I'd love you to be right and we finish 6th, but I dare say it's a pipe dream.
You had Sydney 4th, up two spots with a tougher draw, and key players in Rampe, Kennedy, Franklin, Parker, Hickey all regressing from their prime as footballers.

You had Sydney 4th, up two spots with a tougher draw, and key players in Rampe, Kennedy, Franklin, Parker, Hickey all regressing from their prime as footballers.

Kennedy wasn't a huge factor last season tbh, I think he will give similar output. Franklin is just a freak he'll still likely give you 50+.

Lets see in 6 months, will the swans be closer to 4th or the Hawks closer to 6th ?

Kennedy wasn't a huge factor last season tbh, I think he will give similar output. Franklin is just a freak he'll still likely give you 50+.

Lets see in 6 months, will the swans be closer to 4th or the Hawks closer to 6th ?
My point is that if you examined every other club with the same cynicism and critical eye as you do your own, you'd realise that perhaps things aren't that bad.

Back