AFL RDT 2022 AFL RDT Trades Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Forgot to mention this earlier but do you think you're chasing this week's matchup against eagles a bit too much?
Stanley is still in so Blicavs isn't going to going big like he was when he was number 1 ruck. 67 last week when Stanley came back
Guthrie is pretty cheap but maybe for a reason? I know he does quite a bit better when Danger is not in the side, and it looks like Danger is back next week. Also don't like his low TOG.

Parish will be fine next week and is a good hold. He was confident of playing when asked about it yesterday I think, so he couldn't have been too far off.
I think Blicavs is the best option to replace Gawn, even if he is pretty expensive. Guthrie is a bit of a gut feel selection, looking at his recent form and what he did last year, i think there is upside. As you said, Danger could be back next week so its something i need to consider.

I've traded Greg Clark to D'Ambrosio. Just to have 18 players. Then next week, Hinge out, Crisp back to defense, and a cheap rookie mid to come in, Judson Clarke perhaps. I will have plenty of money, though not many trades left to use it and a pretty thin bench. And if Zorko is still missing next week, I'll just use the money to get Docherty in.

As for Gawn, if Teakle scores ok, will hold Gawn and take his score. If Teakle is a flop, might get Gawn out, English to ruck, and Treloar in as originally planned.

No trades for me Butters can sit on my bench, will start my new recruit from last week Dylan Shiel, wouldn’t mind moving on Jake “The Dead Seagull” Loyd, but 4 trades left, and Lloyd worth peanuts now

No trades for me Butters can sit on my bench, will start my new recruit from last week Dylan Shiel, wouldn’t mind moving on Jake “The Dead Seagull” Loyd, but 4 trades left, and Lloyd worth peanuts now
Lloyd's worth peanuts for a reason. Now that he doesn't get his 30 points from kick ins, he will continue to score in the 50-60 odd range.
Reality is that he should actually be dropped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well with English now ruled out, I don't have to do Preuss -> English and field a rookie fwd.

Can now just downgrade Preuss -> Jackson

Use the cash for Butters -> Parker

Current team for Rd 15

D: Docherty, Sinclair, Hew, Short, Sicily, Daicos
M: Oliver, Neale, Macrae, Jelly, Touk, Cripps, Zerrett, Spudtracca
R: Witts, Jackson
F: Dunks, Parker, Coniglio, DCameron, Bont, Anderson

Will be down to 5 trades...and I need to use another 2 to do Jackson -> Gawn when he returns. So 3 trades left purely for injury trades....not going to even contemplate upgrading Daicos D6, Zerrett M7, Spudtracca M8, Witts R1, Cameron F5, Anderson F6. Stuck with all of them now. I hope 3 trades is enough for 8 weeks of potential injuries :drunk:

No trades for me, with only 4 left left, but if there is more carnage to come might have to, Boak better be out of HS protocols

At the moment this how my team will line up this week

Sicily Dawson Hewett Brayshaw Short Lloyd /SDK Wehr (e)
Macrae Neale Oliver Boak Wines Cripps Crisp Shiel /Butters Butler Hough (e)
Darcy Teake / Witts (e)
Bontempelli Treloar Coniglio Gresham Heeney N.Martin /English Curtis (e)

Tempted to offload Lloyd, but no cash

Teake will be my loophole if I need it

Last edited:
* it, Todd Goldstein time.

Rocking Kiddy Coleman at F6 this week with English out.

Zorko said he is likely to play this week…

Of course I trade out a guy with a one week hamstring injury. Watch him score 130 on return
Good news. Zorko is out this week. Now i just need Parish to play and i'll have peace of mind that i made the right call

My current rucks are English, Gawn and Preuss.
:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Mine are even worse. English, Preuss & Teakle.

Ranked in the top 30, but only 6 trades left. Going to go with 2 donuts and take the hit. Wasted too many trades during byes.

Preuss better be back next week and repay this frigging faith I've shown in him.

I thought Parish would be a lock to play after being close last week but apparently he is still a test for this week, and had bleeding in his calf
Yeah im pretty nervous given the 'test' talk. Must have been a really bad corkie and to have bleeding, yeah im not confident at all. If i had to guess i reckon he will miss.

I guess if your focus is on league wins its not the worst scenario given English & Preuss should be back next week! Your overall ranking probably takes a decent hit with 2 donuts though :(
I should have added that I also had Teakle to that trio.
There's little I can do about it as I'm already down to 7 trades. I'm up against one of the leaders in my cash league so a loss was likely anyway. My overall score this year has been very disappointing with far too many sideways trades earlier in the year which went as the name suggests - sideways.
Little option but to cop the two donuts and hope English and Preuss are back next week.
Surprised that there has been no word in the media as to how bad Preuss' injury is and will he only miss this one week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back