AFL 2022 AFL Round 6

Line Winners?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So we're now over a quarter of the way through the home and away season! Pretty happy with the way I'm going after a slow start. A massive round in the rear window always makes things feel better.

The following images are bets I have tipped on the forum with unit recommendations. At times I'll have fun bets or follow tips made by you guys, but I haven't included those so I can strictly track my own progress.

Anyways keep up the good work and the top banter guys, it's always a pleasure! Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 6.45.15 pm.png

4 for the Waterman train paid 38-1

Celebration GIF by Booksmart

Did you post your bet on Finnigan before the match? If so, well done 👍

Haw vs Syd

Ronke 1u each 3+ 4+ 5+ ($14, $51, $296, sb)

Moore 1u each 3+ 4+ ($4, $10, pb)

Multi 1u Ronke 2+ Moore 2+ ($10, pb)

Multi 1u Ronke 3+ Moore 3+ ($51, sb)

Outlay: 7u

Ess vs Coll

Baldwin 1u each 3+ 4+ ($21, $67, pb)

McCreery 1u 3+ ($13, pb)

Multi 1u Baldwin 2+ McCreery 2+ ($22, pb)

Outlay: 4u

Haw vs Syd +7u

Moore really letting me down bigtime this weekend.

Ess vs Coll -4u

McCreery, I honestly did not see him in the first half, figured he might have been replaced in the team.

Young players will have shocking returns sometimes, it happens.

GC vs Bris -6.5u wipeout.

---

Stk GC -4u

Foots vs Ade -4u

Port vs WC +18.5u

Freo vs Carl -2.5u

Rich vs Mel no bet

---

RTD: +1.5u

Round 6 review

GC vs Bris -6.5u

Stk GC -4u

Foots vs Ade -4u

Port vs WC +18.5u

Freo vs Carl -2.5u

NM vs Gee -10u

Rich vs Mel no bet

Haw vs Syd +7u

Ess vs Coll -4u

Net: -6u

---

YTD (evidence)

Round 1: +350u
Round 2: +65u
Round 3: +9u
Round 4: -4u
Round 5: -30u
Round 6: -6u

YTD Net: +384u

Three red weekends in a row does not look good.

But one more goal to about half a dozen different players across the weekend could have turned Rd 6 green.

For one example, Ronke kicks 4 instead of three, the round ends +45.

It was the same thing with Moore last weekend. Four goals in the first half, nothing after half time.

Just one more goal would have meant another +50u.

That's punting.

This shows the importance unit management.

Despite three negative weekends in a row, I still have most of my Rd 1/2 winnings in the kitty.

As far as goal trains go, all of the low hanging fruit has been picked, the easy money is long gone.

Same every year. Rounds one and two are golden. After that, the screws are tightened at Bookie HQ.

There will still be occasional diamonds in the rough over the course of the rest of the season.

Hope most of you had a good round on the punt, now on to Round 7 :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Round 6 review

GC vs Bris -6.5u

Stk GC -4u

Foots vs Ade -4u

Port vs WC +18.5u

Freo vs Carl -2.5u

NM vs Gee -10u

Rich vs Mel no bet

Haw vs Syd +7u

Ess vs Coll -4u

---

YTD (evidence)

Awesome work

You should consider R4 and R6 as acceptable losing rounds.

R5 being a bit rough.

Round 6 review

GC vs Bris -6.5u

Stk GC -4u

Foots vs Ade -4u

Port vs WC +18.5u

Freo vs Carl -2.5u

NM vs Gee -10u

Rich vs Mel no bet

Haw vs Syd +7u

Ess vs Coll -4u

---

YTD (evidence)

Three red weekends in a row does not look good.

But one more goal to about half a dozen different players across the weekend could have turned Rd 6 green.

For one example, Ronke kicks 4 instead of three, the round ends +45.

It was the same thing with Moore last weekend. Four goals in the first half, nothing after half time.

Just one more goal would have meant another +50u.

That's punting.

This shows the importance unit management.

Despite three negative weekends in a row, I still have most of my Rd 1/2 winnings in the kitty.

As far as goal trains go, all of the low hanging fruit has been picked, the easy money is long gone.

Same every year. Rounds one and two are golden. After that, the screws are tightened at Bookie HQ.

There will still be occasional diamonds in the rough over the course of the rest of the season.

Hope most of you had a good round on the punt, now on to Round 7 :thumbsu:
This is the key to remember. Is always value early with new players / new positions.. really dries up from here on in... don't go chasing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome work

You should consider R4 and R6 as acceptable losing rounds.

R5 being a bit rough.

100%.

I punt for fun, this is a hobby for me. So even if I b/e at the end of the year, it has been a good year.

If I can walk away with a few extra grand in the bank, that's just a bonus.

Most peoples hobbies cost them money, and if you enjoy a hobby, it is worth spending money on it.

The good (and bad*) thing about punting is that it is a hobby where you can make money.

*Bad because it can be so addictive. I have seen punting ruin a few lives in my time.

Rd 5 was rough, you are right, that was when Moore was paying $51 for five goals.

He kicked four in the first half and I thought I was home, a handy +50u coming my way.

Wasn't to be. The thrills and spills of punting :thumbsu:

I am hoping that next year we might see a few more regulars on this board track their punting.

It would be very interesting to see if our ups and downs tend to fall on similar rounds.

Might also be intriguing to note which punters are taking from the bookies and which are giving, like bizzaro Robin Hoods.

Bizarro punters.jpg

Whoever tipped Ginnivan is a legend. Think I'm going to start going with more 2/3+ for speculator goal kickers and multi them with good value AGS.

Back