Women's Footy 2022 AFLW Buddy Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Our second buddy draft of the year ahead of the season kicking off tomorrow. Think most of us are familiar with how this works, but for those who aren’t we have a mini draft to determine which player is our ‘buddy’, who you’ll support, stick up for, and be willing to be the number 1 fan of the player on the board when necessary.

Please express your interest in being involved, I’m aiming at doing the results around midday Saturday, if you don’t sign up in time this is no issue, you can claim any leftover players after the draft on a first in first serve basis.

The draft order will be determined once signups close, and I’ll then sort through people’s preferences after that and release the results.

How to sign up:

List your seven (or more!) top picks for who you would like in the draft, in order right here in this thread.

Example:
1 - E.Antonio
2 - Cain
3 - Roux
4 - Strom
5 - Tighe
6 - Morrison
7 - Franklin
Ebony would be picked first, unless she is unavailable in which case Cain would be picked.

There will be multiples of the total list numbers depending on the number of people involved. Multiples of 32 (think that’s how many’s on our list). So if we have 33 people sign up for the draft we will have 2x33=66 players available to be picked.

1. Mim Strom
2. Roxy Roux
3. Mikayla Hyde
4. Gemma Houghton
5. Aine Tighe
6. Mikayla Morrison
7. Hayley Miller

As her previous buddy, I am beyond stoked that McMahon is debuting in the derby!

How Dockery is it to not regain your buddy as soon as they recover from a bung knee? Ah well, have all my fingers crossed for Aine, and stoked to have someone from a good Souths family as my new buddy.

CARNA SARAH!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love it! Missed the game so watching now on delay. Liked McMahon’s tackles

No one took our new skipper? Well, I had juddy last year, so I'll keep the skipper vibe going. Can I have Miller?

Sorry - been preoccupied with work and family stuff over the last 3-4 weeks. Great game on Saturday and great atmosphere at Freo Oval.

My daughter and I moved around the ground a bit and in the last quarter sat next to a couple of old school Eagles fans (probably in their late 60s). They literally complained about something every time the ball was touched by a Docker or about the umpiring (at least three 'that's holding the ball', a couple of 'they threw it' and they were raging about our last goal and literally said 'I know she dropped it but that was a mark!!!).

Anyway - I think Cuthbertson is still available so I'm happy to take her on - if not then I'll have Roxy please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back