Draft 2022 AFLW Draft Analysis - Slice of Pie

Remove this Banner Ad

Vacuous Space

All Australian
Oct 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
The AFL isnt turning a blind eye to incentives, the system is designed to positively encourage incentives.

Its not a flaw, its a feature.
I'm genuinely surprised that a bunch of teams got together to complain to the AFL about a development that is obviously bad for those teams, but probably good for the competition as a whole. I wonder just how hard the league was laughing at them behind their backs after the meeting was over.

Pure_Ownage

Premium Platinum
Nov 26, 2008
PODS fan club office
AFL Club
Geelong
The AFL isnt turning a blind eye to incentives, the system is designed to positively encourage incentives.

Its not a flaw, its a feature.

And that i dont have a problem with but the u18 players should still have to nominate their state before trade week not a week before the draft so all clubs know what their picks are worth.

Arbiter

Debutant
May 9, 2022
AFL Club
Collingwood

Eardley over Clarke? Interesting. Jasmine Fleming doesn't surprise, she's the best pure mid available. Eardley of course is a top pick, but considering Hawthorns defensive stocks are packed to the rafters, you think they'd want to boost their midfield stocks. I know Black has her going to Essendon earlier, but could she slide to pick 8?

Pie 4 Life

Premium Platinum
Oct 5, 2003
Dragon Island
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dragons FFC

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad