Round 3 Sun 23 Jan v West Coast (Mineral Resources Park, WA) 4:40pm
Round 4 Sat 29 Jan v Melbourne (Norwood Oval) 12:40pm
Round 5 Sun 6 Feb v Carlton (Ikon Park) 2:40pm
Round 6 Sun 13 Feb v Western Bulldogs (Norwood Oval) 2:40pm
Round 7 Sat 19 Feb v GWS Giants (Blacktown, NSW) 2:40pm
Round 8 Sun 27 Feb v Brisbane Lions (Norwood Oval) 2:40pm
Round 9 TBC v Collingwood (Norwood Oval) 2:40pm
Round 10 TBC

Good to know the lights at Norwood Oval are just for show… 2:40PM in the afternoon in January 🥵

In terms of the other teams in the league Geelong still never having played against Melbourne is a bit stupid yet again.

Good to know the lights at Norwood Oval are just for show… 2:40PM in the afternoon in January 🥵

In terms of the other teams in the league Geelong still never having played against Melbourne is a bit stupid yet again.

12.40pm in January is just as good

Feels like a pretty tough fixture. We play every team from the top 9 (except ourselves), plus West Coast who finished 12th. We miss Richmond (10th), St Kilda (11th), Geelong (13th) and Gold Coast (14th), although I guess we'll get one of them in round 10.

By contrast, Brisbane somehow manage to play all of the bottom four sides. I get Gold Coast but did they really need to play St Kilda, West Coast and Geelong?

Last edited:
Feels like a pretty tough fixture. We play every team from the top 9 (except ourselves), plus West Coast who finished 12th. We miss Richmond (10th), St Kilda (11th), Geelong (13th) and Gold Coast (14th), although I guess we'll get one of them in round 10.

By contrast, Brisbane somehow manage to play all of the bottom four sides. I get Gold Coast but did they really need to play St Kilda, West Coast and Geelong?
That means it has the photential to be one of those seasons like last year where we aren't that high up on the table, but top spot is always in reach and if we can slug a few other top slides with a loss, we'll be right there at the pointy end.

I disagree that the fixture can necessarily be set in stone at the moment, Covid is still a live issue and things could come along that make that challenging.

However, she is absolutely correct that the season should start in October. I understand why it didn't start on time this year, but going forward we should absolutely have the season begin as soon after the AFL GF as possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back