List Mgmt. AFLW List Management, Trades, Draft, Expansion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Current status of players

Eb Marinoff - emphatically said she is staying

Erin Phillips - has left for Port Adelaide

Anne Hatchard - staying, confirmed

Sarah Allan - seemed to indicate she'd stay (employed by Crows)

Angela Foley - is leaving

Last edited:

Firewalker

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Apr 20, 2009
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide

Interesting part of that article;

“Due to Morphett being drafted last year, it's expected that Sydney will have to negotiate a trade with its crosstown rivals – rather than sign her as a free agent – in order to complete the deal.”

Hadn’t heard that before, wonder if that applies to all 2021 draftees or just GWS.

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC

Presparkis and Gee headed to Essendon, Huge blow to Carlton two of their top 5 players

Is she really getting 150k there's no way any of our players are getting even half that from our club

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2007
Arcadia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks
Leigh Montagna mentioned the other day Adelaide won't just lose players to Port Power, but there are players moving interstate.

Jan 31, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
It’s absolute horse s**t that Port Power can grab Anne Hatchard and Erin Phillips and pay them $150,000 each and the actual club not hand over 1 single cent.

The AFL has turned into such a corrupt league, it’s totally ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 31, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Who are we paying our marquee player money to?

I’m not 100% sure, but I suspect Ebony Marinoff after St Kilda’s approach last year and Chelsea Randle, but I’ve heard small whispers the are going to offer Chelsea that assistant coaching role and spread it between the AFLW as well as use her leadership skills with Dan Jackson in the mens side.

IddyBiddy

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Celtic, Seahawks, MCWFC, Thorns
Port have put offers to 15 Adelaide players and expect to land at least half of them. We’re going to be hard hit folks, it’s just the reality. Buckle up.

Apr 20, 2001
Adelaide Oval / Anfield
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd,Liverpool, WWT Eagles.
Port have put offers to 15 Adelaide players and expect to land at least half of them. We’re going to be hard hit folks, it’s just the reality. Buckle up.
I sort of don't mind as they have to get players from somewhere. Hatchard will be a big blow though. Hopefully we can fill up with young talent.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Isn't there a limit to how many players an expansion side can take from an existing club?

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide

Kind of. We are able to lose up to eight players to expansion clubs. That doesn't mean each expansion club can take eight players - but you'd assume that most of our losses would be to Port.

Beyond those eight, other players can also choose to move but would require trades.

I don't mind if Port takes a bunch of our players, as long as they're not the important players. We can afford to lose some of our depth or fringe players, and those would be the ones with the most to gain by moving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back