List Mgmt. AFLW List Management, Trades, Draft, Expansion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all, sorry for the intrusion.

Really annoyed we've lost Niamh. She's great to watch and takes the game on. You'll have fun with her on your side.

Not too fussed about Ward, though she's solid enough.

What can you tell me about Sedunary? Cheers.
She was a personal trainer previously. Known for her speed. She's obviously very strong bodied. Last I heard, she was training with Olympic cycling team or something. Haven't seen her play in a while. She was at St Kilda for a bit. Hasn't really played much footy lately.

Hi all, sorry for the intrusion.

Really annoyed we've lost Niamh. She's great to watch and takes the game on. You'll have fun with her on your side.

Not too fussed about Ward, though she's solid enough.

What can you tell me about Sedunary? Cheers.

Fit, fast and strong, but questionable decision-making. Her favourite "trick" in the 2017/18 seasons was to receive the ball somewhere in the front half of the ground, and just take off running towards goal, trying to get around defenders or break through tackles. It was spectacular when it came off, but it rarely did. She would probably need to play a bit smarter nowadays.

It's not clear to me whether she will actually be available this year. She was taking time off for Olympic commitments, I don't know how long those will go for.

Niamh Kelly and Amber Ward join the Crows in exchange for pick 43 and Jessica Sedunary.

Nikki Gore to Freo for picks 40 and 75.

We also gave pick 60 to Fremantle. So the upshot for our trade period is:

Gained: Kelly, Ward, Pick 40, Pick 75
Lost: Gore, Sedunary, Pick 43, Pick 60.

Picks 40 and 43 are interchangable for us since Port doesn't have a selection in between. Picks 60 and 75 are slightly different since Port has pick 63, but it's not clear if they will go that deep in the draft given all their earlier picks. Either way, at worst we have moved back one selection in the draft order, while swapping Gore for Kelly and Ward. Sedunary comes off the inactive list anyway so she isn't really a loss (we would have had to delist somebody anyway to put her back on the active list).

Phillips, Mules and Gore go out from our active list. Foley and Sedunary from the inactive list. Meanwhile, Kelly and Ward come in. In terms of our active list, that's three out, two back in. Could we get away with only taking one more player at the draft? Is it like the men's where you are required to make three changes but it doesn't matter whether they are trades or draft selections?

From the perspective of our state pool, we have selections 5 and 8. I guess if we take both we have to delist one more player. You'd have to imagine that the delistee would be one of Dowrick, Simmons, or Cox. Or possibly Hewett?

We also have to decide what to do with Metcalfe and Varnhagen. There was talk of Varnhagen going to Port, I guess if we delist her it may still happen. As far as I know, the vaccine mandate will continue next season for AFLW, so either way it seems unlikely she will play this year. Meanwhile, is there any word on how Metcalfe is going with her ACL? Surely we wouldn't carry both her and Hewett on the active list?

From the perspective of our state pool, we have selections 5 and 8. I guess if we take both we have to delist one more player. You'd have to imagine that the delistee would be one of Dowrick, Simmons, or Cox. Or possibly Hewett?

We also have to decide what to do with Metcalfe and Varnhagen. There was talk of Varnhagen going to Port, I guess if we delist her it may still happen. As far as I know, the vaccine mandate will continue next season for AFLW, so either way it seems unlikely she will play this year. Meanwhile, is there any word on how Metcalfe is going with her ACL? Surely we wouldn't carry both her and Hewett on the active list?
I believe it is 2 to delist and required to take 3 Draft Picks. Metcalfe I believe was employment with Defence not ACL reason for being Inactive. Varnhagen can play SANFLW in 2023, but still not eligible for AFLW.

She's been on inactive list due to Navy commitments. ACL was a few years back.

Fit, fast and strong, but questionable decision-making. Her favourite "trick" in the 2017/18 seasons was to receive the ball somewhere in the front half of the ground, and just take off running towards goal, trying to get around defenders or break through tackles. It was spectacular when it came off, but it rarely did. She would probably need to play a bit smarter nowadays.

It's not clear to me whether she will actually be available this year. She was taking time off for Olympic commitments, I don't know how long those will go for.
Apparently she's been back in the SANFLW after finishing up with cycling (link), so the decision to move her on might be more that Adelaide don't have a spot for her.

So that would mean we need to delist two players, or three if we want to reinstate Metcalfe.
Does that mean we wait for a farewell message from the Crows for 2-3 players wishing well and not resigning or do they say nothing until list lodgement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is 5 signed on now for 22 more

Randall
Marinoff
Hatchard
Kelly
Ward
As at 10 Jun 22 is 10 players with 17 TBA

Anne Hatchard
Ebony Marinoff
Chelsea Randall (signed until 2023)
Sarah Allan
Teah Charlton
Eloise Jones
Danielle Ponter
Stevie-Lee Thompson
Niamh Kelly
Amber Ward

Crows have announced that Deni Varnhagen will remain on Inactive list and is pregnant. No mention of Metcalf. 7 days away from preseason training.

Crows have announced that Deni Varnhagen will remain on Inactive list and is pregnant. No mention of Metcalf. 7 days away from preseason training.

I thought Preseason started on Tuesday! Maybe we're taking an extra week off after having made the GF?

Congrats to Deni! I guess when you've taken yourself out of contention to play or work, it's a good time to try for a kid.

Interesting. I would've thought she'd sign with Port, but if she's pregnant, it's always easier to stay with the original club. Honestly, her career may well be over though as she will be 31 next year before she can be back playing again.

Interesting. I would've thought she'd sign with Port, but if she's pregnant, it's always easier to stay with the original club. Honestly, her career may well be over though as she will be 31 next year before she can be back playing again.
Reckon she even cares? She could land a job at the Alex Jones cracker factory to wax conspiracies at unsuspecting strangers walking by with her dial-a-pizza box detailing the top 10 things you're being lied to about; and number 4 will shock you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back