AFLW 2022 AFLW Player Sponsorship Kaitlyn Ashmore and Aileen Gilroy

Remove this Banner Ad

I can attest to this. He is one of the good blokes šŸ˜Š

Is this like adopt-a-dolphin, youā€™ll send me a photo or an update? Will they wrote me a letter about their progress?

Welcome Joe, good to have you on board!

Yes anyone is welcome to pledge as long as they pay up when payments are needed.

I love you guys, but 5:30pm in Australia is 2:30am here so unless I jump on the local produce, thereā€™s no chance I will be on the hook-up.

Ok folks we have the first of our prize give aways, and it looks like a good one. Thereā€™s still time to jump into the ladies sponsorship program if you havenā€™t already.

Good evening all,

We are excited to announce the Player Sponsor pre-season event with our amazing AFLW team has been confirmed.

As excitement ramps up for the season the team will be playing an intra-club practice match on Saturday 4th December at our Arden Street home. Player Sponsors will receive a VIP experience at this event for you and a guest including a meet and greet with your player, gourmet hamper and picnic rug to enjoy the match in style, post-game debrief with an assistant coach and ability to join the team photo.

Further details are outlined below with a formal invite to follow:

Date: Saturday 4 December, 2021
Time: 10.00am arrival (10.30am match time)
Includes: Player meet and greet, gourmet hamper for two, picnic rug, post-game debrief and access to the team photo

Please note that the invite to join the team photo is for the player sponsor only. Due to the current AFLW player protocols any person joining the team photo will need to adhere to the below, which is a necessity in order to make the event possible:

Proof of double vaccination status
PCR Test ā€“ All attendees are required to get a covid PCR test 48hrs before they attend (need to do the test by Thursday 2nd December) and return (proof) their negative result before attending. Note ā€“ they will not need to isolate whilst awaiting result.
Rapid Test ā€“ All attendees require rapid testing on the day. There is a location at the club that will allow for this to occur and we will work you through the process on the day.
Masks ā€“ We ask that all individuals keep masks on (even when outdoors) when interacting with players. They will not need their mask on when having the team photo.

Anyone interested please state so in the thread I have created...

...so far I have Kool Kangas. Please note to get in the team photo you need to get a Covid test prior to the event :)

I need to get names into the club by Monday so the first comp will have to be drawn Saturday so I can chase down your details. If you are interested enter in the competition thread I started...

I need to get names into the club by Monday so the first comp will have to be drawn Saturday so I can chase down your details. If you are interested enter in the competition thread I started...

Did we make the required amount?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a great day watching the match sim. Was really impressed with the transition skills and commitment from players. They will not be left wondering if today is anything to go by.
It was also interesting to hear from Crock that we would prefer the AFLW season to run closer to the AFL season, with double fixtures and possibly a November/December finish.
Great day!

Had a great day watching the match sim. Was really impressed with the transition skills and commitment from players. They will not be left wondering if today is anything to go by.
It was also interesting to hear from Crock that we would prefer the AFLW season to run closer to the AFL season, with double fixtures and possibly a November/December finish.
Great day!
Yeah I hope that happens with the season. It pretty much already does with the VFLW. The really short seasons are too unforgiving for a patch of bad form or injuries.

I had a lovely day catching up with Luke and others, and getting a sense of where things are going this year.
The takeaways for me were:
  • With all the new teams coming in they see the next drafts as being highly compromised so took 5 picks this year and cut back a bit more that might otherwise (Gillespie-Jones, Saadā€¦)
  • They then needed more height up forward, so Rennie to take a big ruck role to leave Emma King up forward. Also Tahlia Randal to spend more time up forward with (I think) Slender to play back.
  • Gibbo to be more up forward this year
  • They were absolutely stoked to get Tess Craven at pick 9 as she was very very high on their board. Has had foot stress fractures so will need to look after that.
  • Gilroy a bit late into training with some hamstring / spider bite(?) issues. Duffin also just 2 weeks in due to cricket and didnā€™t play.
  • Daisy Bateman is looking really sharp, powerful, smart and poised. Just classy.
  • Ash Riddell uses colourful language with every miskick.
  • Alice Oā€™Loughlin, no.6 and drafted a pick 22 in 2020 is still raw but looks like a really focused individual who is absolutely doing everything she can to make it. Might be a surprise packet in 2022.
  • The girls seem really happy with Crocker. There were a few mentions of how there was a lot of ā€˜coreā€™ things that needed a lot of work at the start of last year, so expecting to be able to build more this year.
  • As mentioned, the season timing is a bit strange ā€“ middle of summer. Would seem to be better to run it concurrently with the men, with as many double-headers as possible.
  • Picnic hamper was grouse.
  • Nobes was there. I gave him a wave. He waved back.

TV ratings are decimated when it overlaps with the men's, and broadcasters would prefer 9 games per week in winter+summer than 18 games per week in just winter. Other key factors like membership and match day revenue, which are rapidly increasing, will take a huge hit if a standalone season was replaced by double-headers with men's games.

Players will never earn a professional wage if the league isn't given a chance to maximise the money it brings in--i.e. via a TV deal enticing broadcasters, games at traditional venues enticing supporters. Hence the season is moving earlier each year (likewise the VFLW to align with it), continuing to extend in length but always ending mid-March (from next year onwards) so the GF can be played at the MCG, Adelaide Oval etc.

I had a lovely day catching up with Luke and others, and getting a sense of where things are going this year.
The takeaways for me were:
  • With all the new teams coming in they see the next drafts as being highly compromised so took 5 picks this year and cut back a bit more that might otherwise (Gillespie-Jones, Saadā€¦)
  • They then needed more height up forward, so Rennie to take a big ruck role to leave Emma King up forward. Also Tahlia Randal to spend more time up forward with (I think) Slender to play back.
  • Gibbo to be more up forward this year
  • They were absolutely stoked to get Tess Craven at pick 9 as she was very very high on their board. Has had foot stress fractures so will need to look after that.
  • Gilroy a bit late into training with some hamstring / spider bite(?) issues. Duffin also just 2 weeks in due to cricket and didnā€™t play.
  • Daisy Bateman is looking really sharp, powerful, smart and poised. Just classy.
  • Ash Riddell uses colourful language with every miskick.
  • Alice Oā€™Loughlin, no.6 and drafted a pick 22 in 2020 is still raw but looks like a really focused individual who is absolutely doing everything she can to make it. Might be a surprise packet in 2022.
  • The girls seem really happy with Crocker. There were a few mentions of how there was a lot of ā€˜coreā€™ things that needed a lot of work at the start of last year, so expecting to be able to build more this year.
  • As mentioned, the season timing is a bit strange ā€“ middle of summer. Would seem to be better to run it concurrently with the men, with as many double-headers as possible.
  • Picnic hamper was grouse.
  • Nobes was there. I gave him a wave. He waved back.
Missed this, thanks for the report. I believe our official practice match is against the Doggies but I canā€™t remember the time and date.

Great to see you and Lomas and our girls looking good. Poor bloody Elisha King canā€™t buy a trick.

Last edited:
We will sponsor Flynn Perez again and ideally one other. If we can hit the target from last it would be a silver tier player. If not maybe we go another younger guy. I am leaning towards Aaron Hall as he is a genuinely great bloke.

My wife and I are in for sponsoring Perez to the tune of 260,000 COP or a series of hydrotherapy classes if required.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back