Women's Footy 2022 AFLW Season Discussion (now Player Movement)

Remove this Banner Ad

Our first confirmed exit:

Thought it was rough for us to drop her after she had a great game for us this season. She'll for sure get consistent games at one of the new clubs!
She gives her all, but probably doesn't quite have the tricks that others do. I think it as probably between her and Zanchetta to get cut at the end of last season. I think she's better suited as an in-and-under type, and probably not quite suited to the emphasis on speed we had in the forward line. Good luck to her.

She gives her all, but probably doesn't quite have the tricks that others do. I think it as probably between her and Zanchetta to get cut at the end of last season. I think she's better suited as an in-and-under type, and probably not quite suited to the emphasis on speed we had in the forward line. Good luck to her.
Zanchetta is already gone. She should get another go elsewhere.

The Lions can afford for her to depart and she should be handy depth or better at a new club based on her best footy a few years back at Brisbane.
I think she is better than a depth player, just stuck behind a talented midfield. But i think she can only play inside mid.

Our first confirmed exit:

Thought it was rough for us to drop her after she had a great game for us this season. She'll for sure get consistent games at one of the new clubs!
So as i said more than rumour, i dont know what Anderson is doing but i know she was approached.

So as i said more than rumour, i dont know what Anderson is doing but i know she was approached.

I can't see Anderson going anywhere for the same reasons as Bates, well established team chemistry and on the verge of a 2nd flag. And besides who the * would want to play for essendon?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you think of this?

View attachment 1396427

Jesus this pisses me off. Expansion clubs can go and GET ****ed. Why would any of our senior team leave for starters and 2ndly, Sydney have their own academy so why are those pricks trying to steal players??

Really wish the AFL had strict rules about foundation clubs getting targeted over & over. Not our problem that they didn't give a stuff right from the start and now are way behind us. Not our ******* problem!!

Jesus this pisses me off. Expansion clubs can go and GET f’ed. Why would any of our senior team leave for starters and 2ndly, Sydney have their own academy so why are those pricks trying to steal players??
Because they cant field a team of 18 year olds, they will get slaughtered.

But keep in mind Qld under 18s smashed the best of the Allies (nsw,act,tas,nt) a couple of weeks ago. And beat Vic Country. The 9 or so eligible for the draft from the lions should at least get a look.

Can't see it. Those girls mentioned aren't backwards in their admiration for Starce, especially Grider and Ellenger.
Unless McFadyean gets cut or moves to Sydney because isnt he engaged to Grider? Local girl, i doubt it.

We had to expect expansion clubs were going to offer $$$. It's a young but experienced side, that has a good environment. That's attractive to expansion clubs.

Because they cant field a team of 18 year olds, they will get slaughtered.

But keep in mind Qld under 18s smashed the best of the Allies (nsw,act,tas,nt) a couple of weeks ago. And beat Vic Country. The 9 or so eligible for the draft from the lions should at least get a look.

So even our academy players are up for grabs despite Sydney having their own?

What's the point of them even having an academy if they need to steal from another clubs academy?

So even our academy players are up for grabs despite Sydney having their own?

What's the point of them even having an academy if they need to steal from another clubs academy?
As far as the draft goes, I am pretty sure that the girls can still nominate a state they would like to be drafted to, so you would imagine most will choose Qld so both us and Gc would have first access but in the case of a few who might be a bit further down the order they may nominate other areas hoping to get on a list and Sydney might be a good option for those girls.

Orla to Carlton watch, hope she stays.

Good news on Grider staying as well.

As far as the draft goes, I am pretty sure that the girls can still nominate a state they would like to be drafted to, so you would imagine most will choose Qld so both us and Gc would have first access but in the case of a few who might be a bit further down the order they may nominate other areas hoping to get on a list and Sydney might be a good option for those girls.

Yes this is right they can pick what state they want to go to. Tarni White was in the Lions academy nominated Victoria for the draft and went to St Kilda.

Orla to Carlton watch, hope she stays.

Good news on Grider staying as well.

Why would Orla waste her talent with that rabble? 🤣
She'd be better off (like all our players who've been approached by other clubs) sticking with a team on the verge of another flag not going all the way back to square one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back