Women's Footy 2022 AFLW Season Discussion (now Player Movement)

Remove this Banner Ad

HereIam86

Club Legend
Jun 5, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
La lakers Brisbane Heat
Round 10 against the Pies says TBC on the AFLW site says its at Metricon. Few home games at the Gabba return to Moreton Bay and one home game at Metricon.

169905CD-073A-46B9-B2B3-F36458349E92.jpeg
A8F9D7A1-93A8-4306-9DA4-A88AC7A95BC3.jpeg

Last edited:

HereIam86

Club Legend
Jun 5, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
La lakers Brisbane Heat
Their hoping Springfield will be ready for the Finals.

The Brisbane Lions AFLW side will kick off their season against Fremantle at the Gabba on Sunday 28 August.
This will be the first of two games to take centre stage at The Gabba, with the Gold Coast Suns traveling up the highway two weeks later, on Saturday, 10 September.
Exciting news for our Victorian fans, we'll be travelling to Melbourne four times in Season Seven to face Melbourne, Richmond, North Melbourne, and expansion side Hawthorn for the first time.
We will take on reigning premiers, the Adelaide Crows, in a Round 8 Friday night blockbuster, at Metricon Stadium.
Brisbane's home grounds for Season Seven will be The Gabba, Burpengary and Metricon Stadium.
Brighton Homes Arena was scheduled to be ready for a November pre-season ahead of Season Seven which was originally set to be played late in 2022/start of 2023.
With Season Seven pushed forward to begin in August, we ramped up construction of our state-of-the-art training and administration centre.
Unfortunately, the unprecedented wet weather in Brisbane over the past six months hasn’t allowed us to accelerate laying the turf at Brighton Homes Arena.
We are endeavouring to have it ready to be played at during Season Seven finals.
We will keep Brisbane Lions members and fans updated – stay tuned to lions.com.au for further information.

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Did we pick up any tallish defenders in the off-season......our achillies heal I believe.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Bummer.....that makes it a tad harder.
Personally, I would like to see Dakota moved to defence, as I believe, from our group of tall forwards, she has the most attributes to succeed as a defender. Plus I just know she would run through opponents, and scare the beejeebus out of them.

HereIam86

Club Legend
Jun 5, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
La lakers Brisbane Heat
Personally, I would like to see Dakota moved to defence, as I believe, from our group of tall forwards, she has the most attributes to succeed as a defender. Plus I just know she would run through opponents, and scare the beejeebus out of them.

With Harmer being put on the inactive list can the club sign a player to replace her?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back