2022 All Aus Predictions and Rolling teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty hard to leave May out looking at that

I must admit watching the second half of that game on Saturday night, May has such an aura about him - like obviously it didn’t work every week this year because a few teams got a hold of Melbourne to some degree but he’s a colossus. When we had Taylor at his peak - Scarlett was a better fullback but when the team peaked and played lots of finals his role became as much attack focused as defence - it was incredible watching games like the 2009 GF and these great players like Nick Riewoldt were just willing themselves to get to the ball and Taylor would just keep fronting up - that’s how May looks to me now in those big close games

Would be staggered if Stewart gets in. Missed one with illness, got concussed in another early, took a 4 week holiday and been shut down by taggers the past two weeks. Basically missed 8/22 games.

I wouldn’t be. They would want at least 1 from the best defence in the AFL.
If it’s not Stewart who is getting in?

Thats not how it works

It shouldn’t be but AA selectors are a weird bunch and I’m not braindead they will reward a Cats defender and whilst he’s missed games Stewart is going to be picked

I wouldn’t be. They would want at least 1 from the best defence in the AFL.
If it’s not Stewart who is getting in?
I don't think we get any and I think the only one who should be considered is Sam De Koning. He takes the most contested marks of any of the guys thrown up and is high up for intercepts despite playing as a genuine lockdown defender. Given the games Stewart has missed and not being at his best since returning he shouldn't be picked.

B: N Broad Barrass scicly
HB : D Rioli weitering saad
C: J daicos C Oliver C Mills
Hf : c petrraca T Lynch s bolton
F: c cameron c curnow j Cameron
R: witts l neale a Brayshaw
Int sinclair cripps blicavs bont
I credit you for actually putting out a team, unlike some other Richmond posters in this thread, but Broad and Weitering are awful, awful picks.

I credit you for actually putting out a team, unlike some other Richmond posters in this thread, but Broad and Weitering are awful, awful picks.

So in other words no worse than most AA teams then!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be staggered if Stewart gets in. Missed one with illness, got concussed in another early, took a 4 week holiday and been shut down by taggers the past two weeks. Basically missed 8/22 games.

Not sure how shut down he was last week - had 21 touches in a game where we took it inside 50 72 times to 42. I wouldn’t say he was at his Best but he was only down by 3 on his average for the season in a game where the ball wasn’t at his end very often.

Nonetheless I don’t think he should or will be picked

The 1st and 3rd quarter when we had Sicily in the midfield and Blanck, Jeka, and DGB (total of about 26 games) as our defenders pretty much opened the door to Richmond running goals in. And even then Hardwick still wasnt conceding goals.

I couldn’t go to the game so who was he playing on? I read that Maginess tagged Bolton. MRJ kicked 2, had 9 x SI’s and had his best game. Cumberland kicked 2.3 and had 9 SI’s. Edwards kicked 2 and had 9 SI’s. The other forwards would have been Jack and Lynch.

Do you know what his match-up was ?

I couldn’t go to the game so who was he playing on? I read that Maginess tagged Bolton. MRJ kicked 2, had 9 x SI’s and had his best game. Cumberland kicked 2.3 and had 9 SI’s. Edwards kicked 2 and had 9 SI’s. The other forwards would have been Jack and Lynch.

Do you know what his match-up was ?
Sicily was playing as an extra midfielder, started at about 6 CBAs, played off the wing and would be an extra at stoppage, no one really went near him.

He went back in the last quarter and i'd say curbed Lynch's influence pretty heavily, think it was 1 goal on him, which should've been fisted away by the third man in who missed.

Maginness tagged Bolton and super well.

Sicily was playing as an extra midfielder, started at about 6 CBAs, played off the wing and would be an extra at stoppage, no one really went near him.

He went back in the last quarter and i'd say curbed Lynch's influence pretty heavily, think it was 1 goal on him, which should've been fisted away by the third man in who missed.

Maginness tagged Bolton and super well.

Sorry, I thought we were discussing Hardwick…the comment was Hardwick wasn’t conceding goals, but all Tiger small-medium forwards (except Bolton) had really strong games, so I figured Hardwick was on one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sorry, I thought we were discussing Hardwick…the comment was Hardwick wasn’t conceding goals, but all Tiger small-medium forwards (except Bolton) had really strong games, so I figured Hardwick was on one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Oh my bad, thought it was Sic.

Dimma played on a few players, he moved from Cumberland, to Maurice, to Bolton (when he was deep fwd).

Not many if any were directly on him, though the players kicked goals.

Not normally my thing the AA team but with a bit of time to kill while watching the cricket, happy to have a bit of a crack at it, especially as unusually there are a few Tigers in genuine contention. I slotted them all into my team, Bolton is unarguable imo, Lynch and Rioli very genuine claims, but others have genuine claims for the same positions as well.

First, my squad.

Key Forwards Hawkins Lynch Cameron, Walker, Curnow all genuine claims.

Small forwards C Cameron Rankine

Mid-forwards Bolton Papley Petracca Bontempelli

Hybrid forwards T Greene Gunston

Pressure forwards Neal-Bullen

Rucks Gawn Witts Darcy English

Inside mids Andrew-Brayshaw Laird Oliver Neale McLuggage Miller Wines Prestia Mills Warner Liberatore Cripps Parish

Wingers B Smith B Ellis Amon Langdon

Key defenders Barass May Taylor

Hybrid defenders Stewart Dawson Docherty Sicily

Running defenders Redman Rioli Dale Saad (Edit: + Sinclair)

46 players.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My team:

Back 7

Barass May Taylor

Rioli Dale Dawson Sicily

Wing 3

B Smith McLuggage Warner

Mid 4

Miller(C) Oliver Petracca Bontempelli(V/C)

Rucks

Gawn(DVC)/English

Forward 7

Hawkins Lynch English/Gawn

Cameron Bolton Papley T Greene

Pretty happy with that team I think. Probably too many ball winners and not quite enough pressure, so if I wanted to spend more time over it I would probably try to correct that. The most unlucky to miss my team would be the 3 key forwards from the squad, Curnow, Cameron, Walker, all have undeniable claims, but I have gone for the score involvements of Hawkins and the contested marking of Lynch which look the two biggest standout stats from that group for me. You could argue switching Stewart for Barass but Stewart blotted his copybook badly knocking out Prestia and missing 4 games. The running half backs were a bit tricky, Rioli is stronger in goals + goal assists, Dale in disposals, Saad in contested possessions. Redman's ball use possibly has them all covered. Very tough to split those 4. I think Rioli has been the most damaging and Dale the best reader of the play. But you could form a decent argument for any 2 of the 4.

I have made Miller the Captain, could not rate his leadership higher. Bontempelli and Gawn also given leadership roles though in a real team situation you would probably have a leader in the backline and one in the forward line.

Edit: Apologies Saints fans, just realised Sinclair is very strongly in consideration for a running defender role.

Last edited:
B: N Broad Barrass scicly
HB : D Rioli weitering saad
C: J daicos C Oliver C Mills
Hf : c petrraca T Lynch s bolton
F: c cameron c curnow j Cameron
R: witts l neale a Brayshaw
Int sinclair cripps blicavs bont
Sammy Taylor in before Weitering or Barrass.

Here's where I'm currently at:

FB: James Sicily - Steven May - Callum Wilkie
HB: Jack Sinclair - Sam Taylor - Adam Saad
MF: Hugh McCluggage - Clayton Oliver - Callum Mills
HF: Christian Petracca - Tom Hawkins - Shai Bolton
FF: Jeremy Cameron - Charlie Curnow - Charlie Cameron
OB: Max Gawn - Lachie Neale - Touk Miller
IC: Andrew Brayshaw - Sam Walsh - Connor Rozee - Mark Blicavs

Not normally my thing the AA team but with a bit of time to kill while watching the cricket, happy to have a bit of a crack at it, especially as unusually there are a few Tigers in genuine contention. I slotted them all into my team, Bolton is unarguable imo, Lynch and Rioli very genuine claims, but others have genuine claims for the same positions as well.

First, my squad.

Key Forwards Hawkins Lynch Cameron, Walker, Curnow all genuine claims.

Small forwards C Cameron Rankine

Mid-forwards Bolton Papley Petracca Bontempelli

Hybrid forwards T Greene Gunston

Pressure forwards Neal-Bullen

Rucks Gawn Witts Darcy English

Inside mids Andrew-Brayshaw Laird Oliver Neale McLuggage Miller Wines Prestia Mills Warner Liberatore Cripps Parish

Wingers B Smith B Ellis Amon Langdon

Key defenders Barass May Taylor

Hybrid defenders Stewart Dawson Docherty Sicily

Running defenders Redman Rioli Dale Saad (Edit: + Sinclair)

46 players.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My team:

Back 7

Barass May Taylor

Rioli Dale Dawson Sicily

Wing 3

B Smith McLuggage Warner

Mid 4

Miller(C) Oliver Petracca Bontempelli(V/C)

Rucks

Gawn(DVC)/English

Forward 7

Hawkins Lynch English/Gawn

Cameron Bolton Papley T Greene

Pretty happy with that team I think. Probably too many ball winners and not quite enough pressure, so if I wanted to spend more time over it I would probably try to correct that. The most unlucky to miss my team would be the 3 key forwards from the squad, Curnow, Cameron, Walker, all have undeniable claims, but I have gone for the score involvements of Hawkins and the contested marking of Lynch which look the two biggest standout stats from that group for me. You could argue switching Stewart for Barass but Stewart blotted his copybook badly knocking out Prestia and missing 4 games. The running half backs were a bit tricky, Rioli is stronger in goals + goal assists, Dale in disposals, Saad in contested possessions. Redman's ball use possibly has them all covered. Very tough to split those 4. I think Rioli has been the most damaging and Dale the best reader of the play. But you could form a decent argument for any 2 of the 4.

I have made Miller the Captain, could not rate his leadership higher. Bontempelli and Gawn also given leadership roles though in a real team situation you would probably have a leader in the backline and one in the forward line.

Edit: Apologies Saints fans, just realised Sinclair is very strongly in consideration for a running defender role.
Rozee

Jordan Dawson seems a bit stiff lately, I'm finding it hard to fit him in myself but I have him just edging Saad. What am I missing?

Jordan Dawson seems a bit stiff lately, I'm finding it hard to fit him in myself but I have him just edging Saad. What am I missing?

That is the 50/50 call, you can add Sinclair and about 10 other running HB's too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back