2022 All Aus Predictions and Rolling teams

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s all good and well, but I wasn’t the Carlton supporter coming on here quoting an article that said Weitering is the premier one-on-one defender…

One-on-one is still important as for the best tall defenders, despite zones, they still have four or five of those contests a game. Much less important than 20+ years ago though.
We had the best one then as well 😂

We had the best one then as well 😂
I’m assuming you mean Silvagni?

It’s interesting, commentators saying Weitering is best, but the stats show that’s not true. I wonder if SOS was actually statistically the best, or just the most revered by the media.

Very good player though, imagine May or Andrews or Weitering being thrown forward and snagging 10 goals. Outrageous.

I’ve watched him lose almost a third of his contests. Doesn’t feel very premier to me.
So you may have seen him lose some contests out on a wing... so what?

It's near goal where it's most important - especially when the game's on the line. That's the only contest that matters.

Where does Will Brodie sit for non-freo supporters? anywhere near it?

So you may have seen him lose some contests out on a wing... so what?

It's near goal where it's most important - especially when the game's on the line. That's the only contest that matters.
So, I’m agreeing that Weitering shouldn’t be selected on the wing.

Check the stats, these aren’t going to be on the wing given who is racking them up.

I’m throwing Callum Wilkie into the mix, he’s been building and playing great footy the last 6-7 weeks but he gave Tex a bath last night who’s been very good himself

Also Jade Gresham I think would have to be around the mark too as that small FWD/MID vs Bolton

FB: Stewart - May - Siciliy
HB: Short - Weitering - Sinclair
C:Langdon - Cripps - Gus Brayshaw
HF: Bolton - Curnow - C Cameron
FF: Heeney - Hawkins - King
R: Gawn - Oliver - Petracca

I/C: Witts, Macrae, Neale, Miller.

Updated Team
B: Sicily May Stewart
HB: Sinclair Weitering Docherty
C: Langdon Cripps (C) Brayshaw
HF: Petracca Curnow Bolton
F: Cameron Lynch Hawkins
OB: Gawn Oliver Neale
IC: Short Mills Smith Witts

It’s a shame Jack Higgins is injured. He was tracking along very well when he was playing. 30 scoring shots from eight games.
Should hopefully come back in this round, and against North so should get plenty of looks. Although given its his 2nd concussion in 6 or so weeks I could see him resting this week and coming back after the bye

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My team so far. Obviously a couple of injuries will shake things up from this point forward.

Stewart - Andrews - Siciliy
Short - May - Sinclair
Langdon - Neale - Bolton
Dunkley - Curnow - Bailey
Heeney - Lynch - Cameron
Gawn - Oliver - Petracca

Miller, Cripps, Hawkins, Weitering.
Andrews?
He is probably having his worst season. Wouldn't even be in the top 10 key defenders this year.
Strange selection.

The premier defender
The brownlow favourite
The coleman leader

Has a team ever had this before?
Essendon in 2000 actually had all three. Carlton have two of them.

Gawn (c), Oliver, Petracca, May, Langdon & Brayshaw from us
Would be interesting and unprecedented if two Brayshaws receive AA, one form Melbourne and the other from Freo.

Would be interesting and unprecedented if two Brayshaws receive AA, one form Melbourne and the other from Freo.
I think the Cornes brothers both got AA one year maybe 2005 or 07

Essendon in 2000 actually had all three.
No, they didn't.

Kouta was the raging Brownlow favourite for the entire 2000 season with McLeod, Buckley and West the next fancied.

I don't think there was anyone from Essendon who was tipped to poll many votes, such was their evenness that year.
Hird enjoyed a pretty good comeback season, but he also missed too many games to be in Brownlow/MVP contention.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back