2022 All Aus Predictions and Rolling teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do the selectors need to watch every game? They could just read this thread and they'll be 95% of the way there already IMO.
Just need to put the Carlton supporters who haven't watched a real football team for most of the last 20 years on ignore first.
Toumpy...
The pressure of the unknown is building I see... (is Carlton better than Naarm?)

What is the acceptable amount of games someone can miss?
7+ is no chance
6 if you play an all time great season
1-3 is probably acceptable I would have thought if the rest are as good as someone who has played a whole year

Yeah in my mind, anywhere over 3 is unacceptable unless, as you said, it was a ridiculously good season. Like a key forward wins the Coleman despite missing a bunch of games.

For Smith, he'd be thereabouts currently but won't want to miss many more games and will need to finish strong to have any chance of making the team. He's currently 7th in AFLCA voting so would be bordering on selection using that as a rough guide

Harry McKay says hello. ;)

Effectively missed 4 games last season yet still won the Coleman and made the AA side.

What is the acceptable amount of games someone can miss?
7+ is no chance
6 if you play an all time great season
1-3 is probably acceptable I would have thought if the rest are as good as someone who has played a whole year

My opinion has been if it's more than 2-3, then the player has to have been clearly better than someone they're competing with in the position. If it's close or up for debate then you likely miss playing 18 or less. Certainly 16 would be the minimum to me, unless it's a lockett '91 type of season.

Heeney should drop out of most teams now. Been pretty average lately. Definately not playing at AA level.

Longmire might end up costing Mills. I would have him in the team still (just) but being tossed around might hurt his chances (not that swans fans will care if it helps them win).

I do love that you brought up disposal efficiency. Hewett handballs nearly twice as often as he kicks, whereas Mills has a 1.6:1 kick to handball ratio. That his DE% is within two of Hewett speaks to how much better of a ball user he is.

Hewett has been excellent, but Mills' balance as an inside-outside mid, who has also played more shutdown roles than Hewett this year, means he'd be the player I take first. Quite comfortably for that matter.
Hewett's the sixth highest rated player in the comp this season - Mills 11th.

Heeney should drop out of most teams now. Been pretty average lately. Definately not playing at AA level.

Longmire might end up costing Mills. I would have him in the team still (just) but being tossed around might hurt his chances (not that swans fans will care if it helps them win).
You're being kind. Heeney is a joke. I thought he'd play a lot more midfield this year. He hasn't.

And when he's been in the midfield he's been a non-event.

At 26 he's just not equipped to influence games when he's on ball.

He'll have the odd nice highlights reel but the bloke has very little substance. He's been in my DT from round one, so I watch him closely !! He's a dud.

You're being kind. Heeney is a joke. I thought he'd play a lot more midfield this year. He hasn't.

And when he's been in the midfield he's been a non-event.

At 26 he's just not equipped to influence games when he's on ball.

He'll have the odd nice highlights reel but the bloke has very little substance. He's been in my DT from round one, so I watch him closely !! He's a dud.
Haha after reading the first line of your comment I thought he must be in your fantasy team too. I brought him into my supercoach side after round 2. Third straight year I have been sucked in by him.

He is a good player dont get me wrong but is definately not influencing games consistently enough to be all australian.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the best defenders i have seen in my life, will go down as an all time great.
And to think in Stewart's first AA season another poster wrote this about him;

"and for the record, if Tom Stewart makes the All Australian team.

I will delete my account. This has to be the biggest joke on bigfooty

I will go, I guarantee it.

The whole Richmond backline including the recently dropped Branded Ellis is ahead of Tom Stewart.

Talking about him as an All Australian is completely delusional"

:)

He's already had 3. Still "only" 29 but feels like the sort of player that could go deep into his 30's ala Enright. Could legitimately have 7-8 by the end of his career. Fair going for someone who was drafted as a 23 year old.

Updated Team

B: Wilkie May Stewart
HB: Sinclair Sicily Docherty
C: Brayshaw Cripps Walsh
HF: Petracca Curnow Bolton
F: C.Cameron King J.Cameron
OB: Gawn Oliver Neale
IC: Crisp Smith Short Witts

Updated Team

B: Wilkie May Stewart
HB: Sinclair Sicily Docherty
C: Brayshaw Cripps Walsh
HF: Petracca Curnow Bolton
F: C.Cameron King J.Cameron
OB: Gawn Oliver Neale
IC: Crisp Smith Short Witts
Cripps at risk of falling out if the ruck minutes continue. Needs Mckay and Pittonet back or he wont be able to play at his best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back