2022 All Aus Predictions and Rolling teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Again Trac got 31 disposals and kicked 0.2 last night Parish is more damaging and gets better stats, this isn’t 2021 anymore.

Parish averages closer to 40 disposals and they both can’t kick goals to save their lives. None even average a goal a game. Over the past 2 months parish has had better stats.

I too am very much drawn by stats, but it needs to assessed with vision. To suggest that Parish has more or even partitive hurt factor when compared to Oliver or Pertracca, is either delusional or trolling

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
I acknowledge that his good is great. But he hasn't been consistent for years. Good this year (not great), Terrible the 2 years prior. I think he'll get in the team based on name though and that he's a 'good guy'.

Forgetting why he may have been poor, such as injuries, but what does past years have to do with "this year's" AA

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
I too am very much drawn by stats, but it needs to assessed with vision. To suggest that Parish has more or even partitive hurt factor when compared to Oliver or Pertracca, is either delusional or trolling

Over the past month and a half petracca has averaged less than 0.5 goals a game and less than 20% goal kicking accuracy. Lucky he had that purple patch in the first month of the season otherwise he would be a VFL standard player. What a dud, gets heaps of the ball and kicks at Auskick level.

I agree Oliver is more damaging the parish, he’s a lock for AA.

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
Over the past month and a half petracca has averaged less than 0.5 goals a game and less than 20% goal kicking accuracy. Lucky he had that purple patch in the first month of the season otherwise he would be a VFL standard player. What a dud, gets heaps of the ball and kicks at Auskick level.

So now Petracca is actually a dud, and not just a dud by AA standards? :eyes:

How can Oliver be a lock for AA when he gets carried by unspecified Melbourne players? :eyes:

morningbrown

Club Legend
Mar 9, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton

What did Christian do to you mate?

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
So now Petracca is actually a dud, and not just a dud by AA standards? :eyes:

How can Oliver be a lock for AA when he gets carried by unspecified Melbourne players? :eyes:

You know what if he keeps going like this yeah, I’ve changed my mind. Even in another smashing he kicked 0.2. He must be costing people heaps of multi’s

In regards to Oliver, AA selectors don’t take into that account so you’re lucky.

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
You know what if he keeps going like this yeah, I’ve changed my mind. Even in another smashing he kicked 0.2. He must be costing people heaps of multi’s

In regards to Oliver, AA selectors don’t take into that account so you’re lucky.
Okay, cool - so the reigning Norm Smith Medalist is a dud.

Which players are carrying Oliver, again? Don't think you ever responded. Obviously not Petracca - so Viney? :eyes:

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton

Petracca may or may not make AA, but that has nothing to do with the bizarre comparison to Parish. You have mentioned his goal average like it's the main factor of your analysis. He is averaging same goals as Neale and more than Brayshaw. Parish is averaging .1 a game.

But in terms of impact Petracca is 1st for goal assists and 3rd for score involvements and more inside 50s compared to Parish

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Okay, cool - so the reigning Norm Smith Medalist is a dud.

Which players are carrying Oliver, again? Don't think you ever responded. Obviously not Petracca - so Viney? :eyes:

Wtf has 2021 got to do with 2022. I’m saying he’s a dud for this season only.

The rest of the midfield, Gawn is a massive help.

BringFevBack2021

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
Wtf has 2021 got to do with 2022. I’m saying he’s a dud for this season only.

The rest of the midfield, Gawn is a massive help.
He's been pretty bloody good. What his statistics don't represent is the Judd-like burst he has from the contest. The clean hands off the deck, the surging kick from congested space where most players would only be able to get a handball out, the ability to create space using his power. The guy is a freak, may not get AA selection this year but his output thusfar would be highly appreciated by every club both within the four walls and by the supporter base.
1656289292186.png

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Petracca may or may not make AA, but that has nothing to do with the bizarre comparison to Parish. You have mentioned his goal average like it's the main factor of your analysis. He is averaging same goals as Neale and more than Brayshaw. Parish is averaging .1 a game.

But in terms of impact Petracca is 1st for goal assists and 3rd for score involvements and more inside 50s compared to Parish

Well parish beats him in disposals, cont poss and clearances. He also can’t kick but he is a better mid from Center bounce, closer than you think:

IMG_4321.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well parish beats him in disposals, cont poss and clearances. He also can’t kick but he is a better mid from Center bounce, closer than you think:

View attachment 1434157

It isn't. Ask any Essendon supporter who they would prefer and 95% would say Petracca. Just stop.

Parish is the poster boy of an accumulator with minimal hurt factor

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton

View attachment 1434157

Again you need this with vision. Parish is an excessive handballer, generally backward and rather than coming through the front of the stoppage unlike Petracca, metres gained for the 2 players also highlights this situation

You really are digging yourself further into that hole

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Again you need this with vision. Parish is an excessive handballer, generally backward and rather comes through the front of the stoppage unlike Petracca, metres gained for the 2 players also highlights this situation

You really are digging yourself further into that hole

Well inside 50s is the only stat keep Trac afloat, and it is dropping away. Parish is also doing this in an Essendon midfield which I don’t think you guys are taking into account, he is still elite in inside 50s. Overall you’d pick Trac, but looking at the last month and a half alone it’s super close. Bombers players get a pretty bad rap tbh.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
I saw Spargo hobbling with down Chapel St in Prahran. Was struggling to even sip his Chai Latte. Must be his sore back from carrying Oliver I think.
Petracca I think has been carried by Alexander Neal-Bullen, this is also a fact I asked Alexander myself.

I know the All-Australian team never needs to play a real game, but that backline is significantly undersized. Yes Rampe, Stewart and Sicily all play taller than their listed height, but they still have genuine bigs around to enable them to do their thing.

Langdon also out of the conversation in my mind, he’s had at least a third of the season where he’s been quiet.

And is that Jack Ross in the dark horse list? Not even full loon bag Richmond cultists could have him close to the team.

If Rampe is near the side this year I'd be shocked. Whilst he has been robbed senseless a few years, putting him in this year isn't the answer. Andrews with Weitering being out probably gets the FB. If you want a defender from Sydney, Tom McCartin, but doubt he's there. In short, the only AA I expect is Mills somewhere near the squad but not in the side.

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
I saw Spargo hobbling with down Chapel St in Prahran. Was struggling to even sip his Chai Latte. Must be his sore back from carrying Oliver I think.
Petracca I think has been carried by Alexander Neal-Bullen, this is also a fact I asked Alexander myself.

You forgetting your captain mate? Regardless I thought you guys had the best depth in the league and most elite mid. You changing your tune?

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Well inside 50s is the only stat keep Trac afloat, and it is dropping away. Parish is also doing this in an Essendon midfield which I don’t think you guys are taking into account, he is still elite in inside 50s. Overall you’d pick Trac, but looking at the last month and a half alone it’s super close. Bombers players get a pretty bad wrap tbh.

Nothing to do with "Bombers players", they have some really exciting kids, so pointless deflecting

If you want to do that, many here could compare Parish to other players in struggling sides in the competition, such as Laird

No one would see Parish as more damaging than Petracca

Nov 26, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If Rampe is near the side this year I'd be shocked. Whilst he has been robbed senseless a few years, putting him in this year isn't the answer. Andrews with Weitering being out probably gets the FB. If you want a defender from Sydney, Tom McCartin, but doubt he's there. In short, the only AA I expect is Mills somewhere near the squad but not in the side.
Even Andrews would be a surprise. His first month or 2 were pretty average. Only found form in the last couple of weeks. Adams was much better at the start of the season - but has dropped off now.

Weird season for key backs. The best few are only having big chunks of the season missing. So do you go with them or guys who are playing the whole year but with some real down games

Even Andrews would be a surprise. His first month or 2 were pretty average. Only found form in the last couple of weeks. Adams was much better at the start of the season - but has dropped off now.

Weird season for key backs. The best few are only having big chunks of the season missing. So do you go with them or guys who are playing the whole year but with some real down games

Honestly it's just rewarding one in the top 2 sides, but yep the key backs have been average at times. You have to pick one though, you can't pick 6 rebounders. Maybe De Koening comes into play and he's been very good for the Cats. I expect them to pick Andrews was there last year and I've seen worse selections.

Very sad stuff that Tom Stewart won’t make this team not because he isn’t the best but because he accidentally took someone out.

He could easily still make it, if it's only 4 weeks. Wouldn't want it to be 6 though, think 4 is probably the max a player could miss and make it. I'd still pick him if he only misses 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back