Pre July Team!

FB: Tom Stewart - Steven May - Sam Docherty
HB: Jack Sinclair - James Sicily - Angus Brayshaw
C: Jack Crisp - Sam Walsh - Tom Green
HF: Shai Bolton - Jeremy Cameron - Tyson Stengle
FF: Charlie Cameron - Aaron Naughton - Charlie Curnow
FOLL: Jarrod Witts - Clayton Oliver - Lachlan Neale
INT: Andrew Brayshaw - Callum Mills - Touk Miller - Jordan Dawson

Patty Cripps is still playing well but I think Walsh has just about overtaken him at this stage.
I change my mind. I think I'd take Nick Blakey at half back over Jack Sinclair atm, especially after watching the replay of Saturday Night's game.

I meant you can’t beat us full strength. Last year we had a vfl midfield. This year cotch, Lambert injured and Prestia knocked out all in the mid plus you had 5 mins with 18 v 17 where you scored goals that ultimately decided the game. We stomp you otherwise in every big game. Facts. Thank god we still won the 2020 GF with our second best defender knocked out, otherwise that would’ve been another grubby win for you.

So.

It was a grubby win for you as our best smallforward/midfielder had his shoulder destroyed.

So.

It was a grubby win for you as our best smallforward/midfielder had his shoulder destroyed.

He was a hack at 36 playing on his last legs. Does not equate to Vlastuin in his prime. He also played out the game.

Pre July Team!

FB: Tom Stewart - Steven May - Sam Docherty
HB: Jack Sinclair - James Sicily - Angus Brayshaw
C: Jack Crisp - Sam Walsh - Tom Green
HF: Shai Bolton - Jeremy Cameron - Tyson Stengle
FF: Charlie Cameron - Aaron Naughton - Charlie Curnow
FOLL: Jarrod Witts - Clayton Oliver - Lachlan Neale
INT: Andrew Brayshaw - Callum Mills - Touk Miller - Jordan Dawson

Patty Cripps is still playing well but I think Walsh has just about overtaken him at this stage.
I don't watch enough games, but Saad would have to be close.

He was a hack at 36 playing on his last legs. Does not equate to Vlastuin in his prime. He also played out the game.

Out of interest, did the Queen honour Richmond in her Birthday list for somehow managing to scrape together a side for the match at the MCG last year where we belted you because you fielded a VFL team?

Like seriously I’m surprised the AFL didn’t allow you to forfeit considering only 18 premiership players were in your side that night.

Many people think it’s been an awesome effort for the NZ Warriors to spend 2 years in australia to keep the NRL going.

They’ve got nothing on the Tigers.

They were the real winners that night.

It was only that Geelong felt sorry for them that stopped our pre-game plan to actually put a landmine in Tom Lynch’s leading area in order to try and fashion a victory.

Because, you know, that’s our only gameplan.

Deliberately, in a 0.4 second window, try and take Richmond players out.

‘It’s not a lie, if you believe it.’
- G. Costanza

FB: Tom Stewart - Steven May - Jordan Dawson
HB: Sam Docherty - James Sicily - Jack Sinclair
C: Sam Walsh - Andrew Brayshaw - Callum Mills
HF: Shai Bolton - Tom Hawkins - Tyson Stengle
FF: Charlie Cameron - Jeremy Cameron - Charlie Curnow
RR: Jarrod Witts - Clayton Oliver - Lachie Neale
IC: Max Gawn - Patrick Cripps - Angus Brayshaw - Jack Crisp

Out of interest, did the Queen honour Richmond in her Birthday list for somehow managing to scrape together a side for the match at the MCG last year where we belted you because you fielded a VFL team?

Like seriously I’m surprised the AFL didn’t allow you to forfeit considering only 18 premiership players were in your side that night.

Many people think it’s been an awesome effort for the NZ Warriors to spend 2 years in australia to keep the NRL going.

They’ve got nothing on the Tigers.

They were the real winners that night.

It was only that Geelong felt sorry for them that stopped our pre-game plan to actually put a landmine in Tom Lynch’s leading area in order to try and fashion a victory.

Because, you know, that’s our only gameplan.

Deliberately, in a 0.4 second window, try and take Richmond players out.

‘It’s not a lie, if you believe it.’
- G. Costanza

Wtf even is this comment. Anyway we are getting off topic let’s leave it.

FB: Tom Stewart - Steven May - Jordan Dawson
HB: Sam Docherty - James Sicily - Jack Sinclair
C: Sam Walsh - Andrew Brayshaw - Callum Mills
HF: Shai Bolton - Tom Hawkins - Tyson Stengle
FF: Charlie Cameron - Jeremy Cameron - Charlie Curnow
RR: Jarrod Witts - Clayton Oliver - Lachie Neale
IC: Max Gawn - Patrick Cripps - Angus Brayshaw - Jack Crisp
What's wrong with the stats that come up when you click on the names, they're all wrong.

You have 168 posts in this thread, how is this possible when it's unlikely your team won't even have a player in the 22?

Replying to 10+ people all the time and whinging Cats supporters like you and PB. Simple. PB starts rambling about other sporting codes ffs, I need to learn to avoid going down the rabbit hole with him, goes on forever.

Any chance you 2 twits can take the non relevant conversation to another thread?

I know its a bit boring when supporters push their own players here, but gee whiz Liam Baker is very close to AA form, issue is I've got no idea where you would pick him as he plays different roles each week. Has been a better player for us this year than Shai whom I would assume is a lock in most teams.

Would have to be a bench spot I suppose if he makes it but also just an interesting discussion whether someone with no fixed position can earn an AA jumper?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously biased but agree that Saad should at least be in the AA conversation. Playing some extraordinary football. I thought he was Carltons best on Saturday.

Nick Blakey has been in cracking form and will make the squad and give AA a nudge.

Jarman Impey says (a still groggy) hello to Lynch's elbow.

Any chance you 2 twits can take the non relevant conversation to another thread?

I know its a bit boring when supporters push their own players here, but gee whiz Liam Baker is very close to AA form, issue is I've got no idea where you would pick him as he plays different roles each week. Has been a better player for us this year than Shai whom I would assume is a lock in most teams.

Would have to be a bench spot I suppose if he makes it but also just an interesting discussion whether someone with no fixed position can earn an AA jumper?

Agree. Baker has been in great form.

Good, underrated player. But a guy who's only averaging 19 possessions a game, 0.6 goals and 2.6 tackles isn't going too close to the team I wouldn't have thought, regardless of how versatile he is. Doesn't have big numbers in other metrics such as clearances, intercepts, inside/rebound 50s etc either.

If there was a designated utility selected each year, then sure, he'd at least be in the conversation. But he's not being picked as a midfielder over the other midfielders, defender over the other defenders, or forward over the other forwards etc.

If he had played a full season like his last 5-6 games though, he'd be right up there.

Good, underrated player. But a guy who's only averaging 19 possessions a game, 0.6 goals and 2.6 tackles isn't going too close to the team I wouldn't have thought, regardless of how versatile he is. Doesn't have big numbers in other metrics such as clearances, intercepts, inside/rebound 50s etc either.

If there was a designated utility selected each year, then sure, he'd at least be in the conversation. But he's not being picked as a midfielder over the other midfielders, defender over the other defenders, or forward over the other forwards etc.

If he had played a full season like his last 5-6 games though, he'd be right up there.
Serious recency bias with people wanting Baker in after a good month but a very average start of the year and want Cripps out after a few average to good weeks but an exceptional start.

I have Stengle over Bolton at this point in time (greater scoreboard impact etc)

Jack Crisp is having a career best season and should be rewarded with an AA Spot.

Carlton could arguably have 6 AA this year.

Weitering probably still a chance with the Stewart suspension.
Walsh probably top 3 Brownlow right now.
Cripps the same.
Saad and Docherty could both be HBFers. I can’t see anyone else other than Sinclair.
Curnow leading the Coleman.

Carlton could arguably have 6 AA this year.

Weitering probably still a chance with the Stewart suspension.
Walsh probably top 3 Brownlow right now.
Cripps the same.
Saad and Docherty could both be HBFers. I can’t see anyone else other than Sinclair.
Curnow leading the Coleman.
There is literally zero chance that Walsh and Cripps are both in the top three of the brownlow at the moment.

Curnow, Docherty, Walsh and Cripps are all in my team currently, but Weitering is next to no chance at this stage. I'd also have Dawson and Angus Brayshaw ahead of Saad.

Hmm yeah I don't know. It is hard to judge a utility - is Baker better than the other mids? Or better than the other backs? Etc.

Bolton is a forward so that makes it easy for the selectors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back